The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Basement Home Studio Remodel Audio Interfaces
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Addict

Basement Home Studio Remodel

Well, my basement home studio was starting to get kinda cramped and cluttered, so I decided to remodel it. I just went to home depot and bought some wood, a can of stain, and some melamine boards (and nails, screws, etc.) Oh yeah - I also put in my new Blue Sky Pro Desks!
Attached Thumbnails
Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0542.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0543.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0551.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0552.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0554.jpg  

Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0555.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0556.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0557.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0558.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0559.jpg  

Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0560.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0566.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0583.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0587.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0588.jpg  

Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0597.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0598.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0599.jpg   Basement Home Studio Remodel-img_0600.jpg  
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Very nice job, sir !
But… as far as I'm allowed… why didn't you made arm rests (with some foam and black vinyl wrapped around) on the right and left sides ? Could be better looking and more comfy than those front slats, no ?

Anyway, you did a big improvement to your room, for sure !
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Addict

Whats that console`?
Old 19th December 2010
Gear Addict

Colonel Blues: Thanks! Yes, I am open to suggestions! Frankly, I didn't think of putting armrests all the way across. Duh! I really just sit in front of the console, and there is no room for my legs if I sit anywhere else, so it hasn't been an issue! I am very happy with how it has come out, and it has really improved workflow immensely. I still have sound treatment panels to hang on the side walls, just need to get around to it!
Where are you in France? I vacation outside the Paris area every few years - love it there!

Stratsavante: The console is a Tascam m-3500. Got it for $400. I think it must have had the balancing upgrade because people complain about the noise in them, but I have not had that problem. I don't use the summing buss, but rather just use it for the faders, meters, HPF, EQ, and routing for cue mixes. Actual summing is done with a Speck X-Sum. I record with outboard pre's, usually Yamaha i88x pre's (x10). Want to get a Vintech 272 though... of course I just got the ProDesks, and I just ordered another (!) guitar so it'll have to wait!
Old 20th February 2018
Here for the gear

I also have a M3500 and outboard gear I want to build around it. Were there store-bought building blocks (seems in the earlier photos) you were using to support the weight and then build around?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search