The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

Continue to solder all the other points................

Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

Now insert the top row of XLR's

Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

Start soldering! This is quite tricky as the XLR pins protrude less than 1 mm

Its best to have the soldering iron at a very acute angle, using the very tip of the iron.......

Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

The bottom row is much easier.........

Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

Here is one I made earlier!........................

Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

To Maplin tomorrow for some different coloured wire to solder the power connector in and also some pins to create the Jumpers, like on a computer motherboard.

Tune in tomorrow folks!

Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

Soldering

I taught him how to solder and everything he knows about gear.... :-)

Cheers

Analogue
Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

After the racks and power supply ill knock up an "SP"!!!!!!
Old 20th February 2011
Lives for gear

If you can do that then your worth your weight in gold which means melted down to ingots your a multiple millionaire :-) :-)

AK
Old 20th February 2011
Here for the gear

Looking good! Should be great when it is finished!

Its great to have another big studio up here apart from parr street (which i hear hasn't been doing too well recently?)

People ask me why im trying to get a studio job in london, "because theres nowhere like that up here" looks like there will be now!

Keep up the good work, if you are needing an assistant or anything, let me know
Old 20th February 2011
Here for the gear

Looking good, great to see another decent studio up here other than parr street (which last i heard they havent been doing to well!)

People ask my why i am trying to get a job in a studio in london and not up here! "Because there arent many studios like this up here" Looks like there is now!

Keep up the good work, give me a shout if you ever need an assistant as im only down the road!
Old 20th February 2011
Lives for gear

Maplin :-(

Bit of a set back today! Went to maplin for some copper wire, i went to the cable desk and asked for a meter of 7 different colours......

The idiot bloke asked me what it was for, i tried to explain to him. He then told me that i needed 10mm thick cable! I told him that I didnt and he then refused to sell any copper cable to me for health and safty reasons!!!

Anyway, ill order this from canford

CANFORD FSG4 CABLE (BBC PSF4/2)

heh
Old 20th February 2011
Lives for gear

What a freaking joke
Old 20th February 2011
unbelievable
Old 20th February 2011
Lives for gear

I explained to the guy who I was and that Im a genius but he just looked at me with a blank expression
Old 20th February 2011
Ah, you've gotta love the infinite knowledge of the Maplin experts heh they're almost as good as the Apple Genius who had me reschedule 3 appointments and let me tell him how I intended to fix the problem for 15 minutes before saying "that's what I'd do."

Cheers. I'm glad I paid for your customer service heh
Old 22nd February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko198 View Post
Looking good, great to see another decent studio up here other than parr street (which last i heard they havent been doing to well!)

People ask my why i am trying to get a job in a studio in london and not up here! "Because there arent many studios like this up here" Looks like there is now!

Keep up the good work, give me a shout if you ever need an assistant as im only down the road!
Hi Jacko, just to quash the rumour - Parr St is doing great! We've had a few setbacks in the past with the studios changing hands but we're back up to full strength and are currently fully booked until the Spring. We also have some tasty new (and not so new!) Neumanns on the way to accompany our Neve VR and EMT plates.
Old 22nd February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Hi Jacko, just to quash the rumour - Parr St is doing great! We've had a few setbacks in the past with the studios changing hands but we're back up to full strength and are currently fully booked until the Spring. We also have some tasty new (and not so new!) Neumanns on the way to accompany our Neve VR and EMT plates.
Are you guys still running an SSL or are you down to the one studio? The website isn't too informative and the reception staff weren't sure heh - had a meeting with Gary Millar a while back regarding an apprenticeship at Parr St, but the article I read was a bit misleading, I didn't realise he was only involved with the hospitality side of things.

EDIT: Just clicked the link to the new site, looks like I spoke too soon heh
Old 23rd February 2011
@Adlen:

Yes, Gary only deals with the hotel and bar. The gear list for studio 1 is accurate on the link below, though Studio 3 has recently been upgraded to an Audient ASP8024 console.

If you wanted to talk internships, you can email [email protected] Hope that helps!
Old 23rd February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlen View Post
Are you guys still running an SSL or are you down to the one studio? The website isn't too informative and the reception staff weren't sure heh - had a meeting with Gary Millar a while back regarding an apprenticeship at Parr St, but the article I read was a bit misleading, I didn't realise he was only involved with the hospitality side of things.

EDIT: Just clicked the link to the new site, looks like I spoke too soon heh
There seem to be lots of rumers around! It was only 2 weeks ago that someone asked me if we wanted to buy Parr Street studios and put our 88 in there!
Old 23rd February 2011
Lives for gear

Hi
There are a surprising number of studios in the Liverpool area to suit various tastes and pockets. They don't all 'advertise' heavily on the web.
If you included a 40 Mile radius you would include Manchester and North Wales as well.
Matt S
Old 23rd February 2011
Gear Head

Some good work going on with those 500's Greg if you need a hand to speed things up you've got my number, need to call you anyway over some LEDs.

Maplins....
...don't get me started. Last time i was there i was given wrong value resistors and had to show the guy how to use a multi-meter! Oh dear.
Old 23rd February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAudio View Post
Last time i was there i was given wrong value resistors and had to show the guy how to use a multi-meter! Oh dear.

I've taught staff in Apple a thing or two over the years, yet when I applied for a job I was rejected.
I was going to apply for Maplin but figured I should use my time to focus on more important things than making money from one of the biggest commercial rip-off merchants floating about heh

Thanks for Rich's email Tony, I contacted him a while back through his Hotmail regarding something similar but it must have been a long time ago. Is Chris Taylor still a part of the team?
Old 23rd February 2011
Gear Head

Quote:

I've taught staff in Apple a thing or two over the years, yet when I applied for a job I was rejected.
I was going to apply for Maplin but figured I should use my time to focus on more important things than making money from one of the biggest commercial rip-off merchants floating about heh

Thanks for Rich's email Tony, I contacted him a while back through his Hotmail regarding something similar but it must have been a long time ago. Is Chris Taylor still a part of the team?
I spoke to Chris last year, when he and George were working on one of the studios. Not been able to get hold of him recently.

Back on topic.

Soldering, remember heat the work not the solder
Old 24th February 2011
Quote:
Yes, Chris and Rich manage the studios in partnership.
Old 24th February 2011
Lives for gear

So what's The Bear and Peasey up to now then ?

Andy
Old 24th February 2011
Lives for gear

Cracking on with the live room!

Old 24th February 2011
Lives for gear

Old 24th February 2011
Lives for gear

Old 24th February 2011
Lives for gear

Search this Thread
Search this Thread: