The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 9th February 2011
Lives for gear

Pre build mix

Hi

Please follow the link to hear a demo we did before we decided to hit the big time... haaaaahaaaaa

http://soundcloud.com/analogue-baby/sets/stare

Amps My Bogner 101B Cabs 2 Bogner 4 x12's mic'd wth 2 MD421 and 2 Beta 57'S

Lets see what the master can do on our Neve .....

Cheers

Andy
Old 9th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAudio View Post
Site looks good, clean, simple, uncomplicated and easy to get all the info you need. Good work.
Thanks mate, i need to speak to you about some LED strips!

mail me: [email protected]
Old 9th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Hi

Please follow the link to hear a demo we did before we decided to hit the big time... haaaaahaaaaa

http://soundcloud.com/analogue-baby/sets/stare

Amps My Bogner 101B Cabs 2 Bogner 4 x12's mic'd wth 2 MD421 and 2 Beta 57'S

Lets see what the master can do on our Neve .....

Cheers

Andy
Just so you all know, the bass and drums were done in America and flown in. We did everything else......
Old 9th February 2011
Lives for gear

NEXX- Spanish rock band

Hi

Check these 2 numbers out...

We tracked and mixed this album...Pete Coleman at the helm, tracked and mixed entirely in the box with Nuendo.....

10 piece string section in the Live room from the BBC Symphonic......

This was a band I got involved with who had no deal.... I opened the place up to them and did their album....

Band were called NEXX from Spain.....

Analogue Baby- NEXX by Analogue Baby on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

If you want to hear more then I'll post a few more tracks up

Cheers

Andy
Old 10th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
wow!!!!! I have plans to be in England for some meetings at the GIK Europe plant. Would love to find some time to stop by and check the places out. Very nice looking. thumbsup
Ive been reading some things on the forum and Im quite puzzled!

How on earth do you guys expect rockwool in a wooden frame to act as a bass absorber? Its physically impossible! The wavelength of low end sound is so long that a rockwool or foam chamber would have to be 10 foot deep for it to do anything!

Please educate me if you think Im wrong. Please go deep into the physics of it!
Old 10th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Ive been reading some things on the forum and Im quite puzzled!

How on earth do you guys expect rockwool in a wooden frame to act as a bass absorber? Its physically impossible! The wavelength of low end sound is so long that a rockwool or foam chamber would have to be 10 foot deep for it to do anything!

Please educate me if you think Im wrong. Please go deep into the physics of it!
I'm not really an expert, but from what I know, here's my answer:
By putting it in the area of maximum energy for the modal standing waves in the room. i.e. 1/4 wavelength's distance from the wall. Putting the absorbers across corners works well for this because you get a smooth continuum of distances from the boundary, for 2 different boundaries..
Old 10th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebay007 View Post
I'm not really an expert, but from what I know, here's my answer:
By putting it in the area of maximum energy for the modal standing waves in the room. i.e. 1/4 wavelength's distance from the wall. Putting the absorbers across corners works well for this because you get a smooth continuum of distances from the boundary, for 2 different boundaries..
But at 40Hz the wavelength is 28 foot! That means that you would have to have 7ft of rockwool to do anything to a 40Hz wave! A 6 inch piece of rockwool will only absorb 2ft waves which is what? 560Hz?

Wouldnt it be better to have a material that changes the energy from low frequency sound into another form of energy??

How about a material that changes the movement of air into heat? Maybe it could have torsion through covalant bonding on a molecular level that causes the movement to dissapate as heat when the material experiences friction within itself?

Whats the first law of thermodynamics again? Oh yer....

Energy can not be created or destroyed just stored or transfered.

So work done can be changed to heat energy, hmm a bit like a dapener within a car shock absorber.

The way I see it, thats the only way a bass absorber could ever work if it was only 6 inches deep!
Old 10th February 2011
Lives for gear

my rockwool bass traps are 6 inches deep. I haven't done a lot of mathematical analysis, but measurements and my ears say that they work well...
It might be worth continuing the discussion in the acoustics area of the forum. There are some genius guys that post in there that can talk on a more scientific level..
Old 10th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
But at 40Hz the wavelength is 28 foot! That means that you would have to have 7ft of rockwool to do anything to a 40Hz wave! A 6 inch piece of rockwool will only absorb 2ft waves which is what? 560Hz?

Wouldnt it be better to have a material that changes the energy from low frequency sound into another form of energy??

How about a material that changes the movement of air into heat? Maybe it could have torsion through covalant bonding on a molecular level that causes the movement to dissapate as heat when the material experiences friction within itself?

So work done can be changed to heat energy, hmm a bit like a dapener within a car shock absorber.

The way I see it, thats the only way a bass absorber could ever work if it was only 6 inches deep!
HI Mate
i use them a lot , and they do have an effect, i install them in peoples home studios and there mixs sound better, i line there vocal wardrobes and the vocals are clearer and more "pro"sounding,
Maybe its voodoo, or maybe there is a scientific explination, but they do work and its a big saving on using Good old Roger, and please say hi to Roger, i used to do work at the studio he built on the ground floor beneath his office in Greenwhich , and i have some speakers he did some evaluation off which i think are great ,
steve
Old 10th February 2011
Tom Hidley's room designs (such as The Tracking Room in Nashville) are famous for their 4' deep bass traps at the back of the Control Room, which you can see sketched in the PDF file that is linked. They are also famous for their ability to knock out 70Hz almost perfectly when you sit against the back wall, a function of those 4' deep bass traps. If you do the math, you'll see that the 70Hz hole at that specific location is not a function of the material in those bass traps, only their dimension.

An alternative approach is the Modex Plate by RPG: RPG Diffusor Systems
Old 10th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Tom Hidley's room designs (such as The Tracking Room in Nashville) are famous for their 4' deep bass traps at the back of the Control Room, which you can see sketched in the PDF file that is linked. They are also famous for their ability to knock out 70Hz almost perfectly when you sit against the back wall, a function of those 4' deep bass traps. If you do the math, you'll see that the 70Hz hole at that specific location is not a function of the material in those bass traps, only their dimension.

An alternative approach is the Modex Plate by RPG: RPG Diffusor Systems
Yer, your dead right! A 4ft trap would be quite inconvinient though.........

Seems to me that foam and rockwool is ideal for midband and high freq absorbtion. Now to deal with that pesky bass!

To the batcave robin!...................

Old 11th February 2011
Lives for gear

Looks like were gonna upgrade the centre speaker to a SCM300ASL to match the left and right.

Old 12th February 2011
Here for the gear

I can't wait to see this studio!

When do you think it'll be up and running by?

If you ever need a hand with anything I live pretty close in Liverpool city centre...

Although I believe you may have got the email my friend Chris sent on behalf of me and him? (the guys from LIPA...)

Joe
Old 13th February 2011
Gear Addict

Good work guys, Great to see a new studio with great kit. Maximum respect and best of luck
Old 13th February 2011
Lives for gear

Cheers for that

Andy
Old 13th February 2011

Quote:

Abbey Road has some bass traps 5 foot deep!
Old 13th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
Abbey Road has some bass traps 5 foot deep!
In the control room or studio?
Old 14th February 2011
Quote:
In the control room or studio?
Must be CR. Certainly not in the live rooms of 1 or 2
Old 14th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi Trev, sorry ive not been in touch. Me and Andy have got a very big decision to make about the direction of the studio in terms of the type of work we are going to go after.

There may be big thing to come! Its all very exciting!

G
Old 15th February 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yes- the control room. Actually there are some surprising features in S1 and S2. Look up about 15 feet next time you're in 2.....
Old 15th February 2011

Quote:
Hi Trev, sorry ive not been in touch. Me and Andy have got a very big decision to make about the direction of the studio in terms of the type of work we are going to go after.

There may be big thing to come! Its all very exciting!

G
Indeed. I think I should come up and see you and "give my two pennies"....
Old 15th February 2011
Quote:
You gonna drive? Pick me up on the way past?
Old 15th February 2011
Quote:
Yes- the control room. Actually there are some surprising features in S1 and S2. Look up about 15 feet next time you're in 2.....
I know there's a strip around the top where the walls meet the ceiling (30 feet maybe) but it cant be more than 18 inches deep.
Old 15th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
2 pennies?? You can have 2 weeks for that! Unless we go for the "you know what", then you can have 2 seconds! Lol
Old 17th February 2011
Lives for gear

I am sorry that I have not posted any pics up recently, I have been designing the Video monitoring systems for the control room, the projector in the Live room and also a conductors visual feed.

I am at a quandry though on wether to distribute via HDMI or SDI.

We have had the synchronisation card from the Neve DFC fitted into our Encore+ which is good as the desk automation will now lock to HD frame rates!

There will be more work in the studio area next week so ill get some photos sorted!

Greg out!
Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

Diy 500

Ok so when you building a studio, you have to build some of the gear thats going to go in it........

Here are some photos to show me building 2 500 series Group DIY racks.

The boards are VERY VERY well made!

Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

I started by inserting the female connectors into the board.....

Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

I used the back pannel to hold the connectors still while I flipped it over......

Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

I find it best to solder the top 2 and bottom 2 points to secure the connectors in first......

I put pressure on the board with my left middle finger while holding the solder, this ensures that the connectors are perfectly pushed up to the board and straight......

Old 19th February 2011
Lives for gear

All connectors secure and perfectly flat up to the board......

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search