The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by christaline View Post
First time poster but long time follower of this thread as I'm always interested in new builds. I felt compelled to reply after seeing the sheer display of rudeness displayed by the analogue baby team.

The insane amount of detail of the studio that has been posted throughout this thread has always astounded me, as I would of thought this would be more of a hindrance than a help from a business perspective? But what I always took (and I think I've been proven wrong here) as a sign of sharing high end outlook with the rest of the audio community for the sake of common knowledge, seems to be nothing more than utter arrogance.

If this studio hasn't already ruined its infant reputation, I'm convinced it will soon.
There is nothing I like better than a scathing first post on a forum! Oh how I love the forum troll!

Please explain how going into so much detail can be detrimental? Because someone can criticise how we have done something? Or because people can copy things? Or is it something else?

We wanted to share it all with everyone and be open about how it's been done. Again, please put your money where your mouth is and come visit, point out where we have gone wrong when you are actually stood in the building.

As for ruining our reputation? Who are we ruining it with? Other studio owners like Franc? Or does our striving to be one of the best put customers off using us? Please enlighten me.

Happy Cristmas,

Greg
Old 21st December 2012
Gear Addict

Greg,
I think you have done an excellent job. This is what happens when people like you are open and want to share something beautiful and unique like this studio build. People are jelous and want to find the bad in what is really something outstanding. Just because they can't do it! This is our industry, a lot of frustrated all talk no do individuals....
Keep on flying the analogue flag high!
And Happy Christmas!
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiosale View Post
Greg,
I think you have done an excellent job. This is what happens when people like you are open and want to share something beautiful and unique like this studio build. People are jelous and want to find the bad in what is really something outstanding. Just because they can't do it! This is our industry, a lot of frustrated all talk no do individuals....
Keep on flying the analogue flag high!
And Happy Christmas!
+1!
Old 21st December 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
There is nothing I like better than a scathing first post on a forum! Oh how I love the forum troll!

Please explain how going into so much detail can be detrimental? Because someone can criticise how we have done something? Or because people can copy things? Or is it something else?

We wanted to share it all with everyone and be open about how it's been done. Again, please put your money where your mouth is and come visit, point out where we have gone wrong when you are actually stood in the building.

As for ruining our reputation? Who are we ruining it with? Other studio owners like Franc? Or does our striving to be one of the best put customers off using us? Please enlighten me.

Happy Cristmas,

Greg
First forum post? Trolling?..

Are you a child?

I'm not attempting to make you feel bad about what you're doing, I'm not posting just to be harsh and I'm not throwing off topic statements at you just for the sake of it, which is basically what trolling is, and I can't for the life of me see how the fact I haven't posted before is in anyway relevant to my opinion.

Maybe I wasn't clear. My post was referring to the fact that by posting every detail about your business on the internet, it shows that you are more keen to show off your toys than you are about keeping your business under wraps in order to maintain a clean reputation. As I said before, I always took the forum as a good sign of sharing knowledge from the higher echelons of the audio community, but I am now convinced this is not the case.

I'm not arguing that the building is not first rate, that the equipment is anything less than that of the highest standard, or that you guys don't know what you're doing. You'd have a hard time getting it wrong after spending that amount of money. Striving to be the best is not a bad thing, but If I was a potential client and saw or heard the things the AB team come out with, I would think twice about wanting to work there. I'm sure you know how quickly things spread in the audio world.

As far as having a one sided opinion goes, I didn't comment on Franc's post because I took two things from his comments. 1, be careful about statements you throw around and 2, show a little humility. I agree with both and have seen neither carefully chosen words nor humility from AB.

As far as Andy's response goes, I found it patronising and childish and expected better from a man in his position..
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Come on, stop challenging the team then, they worked their balls off in the past year, invested considerable amounts of funds, showed every detail during the build. Got all the ticks in the boxes, Probably had their fair share of headwinds too.

And now at the end of the ride, their being ridiculed by a competitor and 1st poster/long time lurker, who never had the itch before to post, but now enrolls in GS just to share his thoughts on this mega project.

I'm pretty sure, if you would be at the end of such a ride, you would have your WTF?!? moment reading these posts and react a bit annoyed AT LEAST. perfectly human if you ask me. I don't know any of you personally, but this is a huge accomplishment, you just don't belittle it like that and think to get away with it. Not nice......

Sent from my iPad HD
Old 21st December 2012
Gear Addict

While your chilling out over xmas to War of the worlds in 5.1 here few others you may like to add as stocking fillers !!

On air by the Alan parson project In 5.1

Sailing To Philadelphia mark Knopfler 5.1

Rumours fleetwood mac in 5.1

Good luck in find any of them as there very rare !!!
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

Maybe I wasn't clear. My post was referring to the fact that by posting every detail about your business on the internet, it shows that you are more keen to show off your toys than you are about keeping your business under wraps in order to maintain a clean reputation. As I said before, I always took the forum as a good sign of sharing knowledge from the higher echelons of the audio community, but I am now convinced this is not the case.
No dog in this UK fight, but have enjoyed and learned from this thread. In that spirit could you explain how posting every detail has anything to do with "keeping your business under wraps in order to maintain a clean reputation."

I'm probably dense, but am missing the link between those two ideas.

And BTW, how do these posts reflect on the forum in general (red)? I personally have found a great deal of useful information in the threads wherein various studio owners have taken the time to detail their efforts; trials and tribulations often included.
Old 21st December 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:

Are you a child?

I'm not attempting to make you feel bad about what you're doing, I'm not posting just to be harsh and I'm not throwing off topic statements at you just for the sake of it, which is basically what trolling is, and I can't for the life of me see how the fact I haven't posted before is in anyway relevant to my opinion.

I'm not arguing that the building is not first rate, that the equipment is anything less than that of the highest standard, or that you guys don't know what you're doing. You'd have a hard time getting it wrong after spending that amount of money. Striving to be the best is not a bad thing, but If I was a potential client and saw or heard the things the AB team come out with, I would think twice about wanting to work there. I'm sure you know how quickly things spread in the audio world.

As far as having a one sided opinion goes, I didn't comment on Franc's post because I took two things from his comments. 1, be careful about statements you throw around and 2, show a little humility. I agree with both and have seen neither carefully chosen words nor humility from AB.

As far as Andy's response goes, I found it patronising and childish and expected better from a man in his position..
I think you are missing the entire point of this section of the forum.

Most of us won't ever be in the position that Analogue Baby and the other people that have built the high end studios are in but at the same time anybody with ideas about building a studio have to go through the same ****e. Planning, crap contractors and the rest.
This section has shown up some of the pitfalls, the red tape that needs wading through and a selection of excellent artisans like the glass makers and carpenter that Analogue Baby have used.

If they want to swagger around being all Charlie big spuds, let them. They started off with the aim of building a world class studio and they have nearly achieved. They have responded to questions, offered advice and shared their knowledge which is to be applauded.

If I ever get back in to band management I have a list of fantastic studios that I have watched being built over the last few years from this forum.
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

very nice!!
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by and you know View Post
I think you are missing the entire point of this section of the forum.
My thoughts precisely!

Like, duh, read the title of the subforum.

I've enjoyed this thread in a big way from day 1. Andy and Greg have brought positive energy to this community. No amount of negativism be people of unknown motivation can remove the good this thread continues to bring. My advice to those with a negative perspective is to go to the subforum that is specifically dedicated to your way of thinking.

It's called: The Moan Zone.
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

:-)

Hey Mr or Mrs "B*llsack

It's called a sense of humour - try it sometime....

People in Liverpool have it in spades ......

Nothing will detract me from making Analogue Baby a sucess , sharing everything we can with fellow sluts who want to avoid the mistakes we've made along the way and giving the opportunity to get youngsters up and working on one the coolest boards ever made.... Find some new talent along the way... What could be better...

A man in my position ???? What position is that may I ask ?????

I'm nothing special ...... I work hard like the majority of us on here....... I love music guitar and gear...... Lots of it ...... That's it...... I've put my wallet where my big fat arrogant mouth is..... Am I that arrogant ??? I don't think so - you don't know me which is probably to your benefit anyway....

So Happy Christmas Sluts......!!! Yes even to you B*llsack........

Ta ta

Andy

"As far as Andy's response goes, I found it patronising and childish and expected better from a man in his position.."
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

I wish the Analog Baby team the best possible future !

To detractors : Of course, showing a studio construction here is also a kind of self-promotion, but it's totally normal, a commercial structure needs every single way to make its promotion, business is not so easy today… You have to spread everywhere to build you a name, a posture !

QUOTE : "…utter arrogance…" ?

I can't bear jealousy…

Merry Xmas to every studio builder !!!
Old 22nd December 2012
I'll just leave these happy flowers here, hopefully they'll cheer some people up...

Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Maniac

"Some people get their kicks, stomping on a dream"
To the crew at Analogue Baby, thanks for sharing your amazing journey in building something almost no one would attempt today.
We've gone from amazing gear to digital crap in most places.
Thanks for thinking about quality, not crappy, lossy mp3's and building a great facility that those who actually care about quality will be delighted to use.
Happy Christmas and New Year to all of you involved in this project and I can't wait to see pictures of your opening party.
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Addict

Ho ! Ho ! Ho ! Ho! Ho!......o!
(5.1 surround XMas format)

To all the folks at Analogue Baby, Merry XMas !
Old 31st December 2012
Best wishes to all. 2013 will be the year of analogue baby. Even the mayan calender knew it. Life will be analoguesk again. High resolution analogue baby here you come.!!!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
Old 31st December 2012
Lives for gear

Happy New Analog Year, friends !!!!
Old 31st December 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks guys! Yes is has been proved that 2013 will be a more analogue year! Happy New year to you all!
Old 6th January 2013
Gear Nut

I think it's the first time in a studio building thread that someone shows some kind of criticism about. It's also curious this thread has not achieved five stars when obviously the studio is really great and deserves the highest score...
Perhaps it's just envy, or perhaps there's people who does like the pics in the thread but find your comments arrogant about other not-so-great studios, who knows...
Please excuse my English, happy New Year.
Old 6th January 2013
Lives for gear

Happy new year

Happy new year to you mate

Regarding the 4 star rating - we all know this is a 5 star rating thread - its laughable it has 4 stars.

We took our thread down originally because people were basically saying we were clueless- we even had clowns posting pictures of collapsed buildings because we laid our block on an all ready original concrete surface without footings !!!!!!!!!!

It's laughable - we're not arrogant - all we have done is build what we believe is one of the best control rooms in the world filling it with what we believe and many others to be the best analogue console ever made.

End of story.

The fact it's a Neve and not an SSL we have had idiots from SSL posting saying our place is basically a bag of sh*t ???????

This forum is littered with trolls - idiots -uniformed dreamers and bedroom hero's :-)

We've gone and actually achieved what we have talked about for 5 years ....

Have a good new year mate

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruidostudios View Post
I think it's the first time in a studio building thread that someone shows some kind of criticism about. It's also curious this thread has not achieved five stars when obviously the studio is really great and deserves the highest score...
Perhaps it's just envy, or perhaps there's people who does like the pics in the thread but find your comments arrogant about other not-so-great studios, who knows...
Please excuse my English, happy New Year.
Old 6th January 2013
Gear Nut

Congratulations on your achievements with the project! Keep it up!
Old 6th January 2013
Lives for gear

Man there are a lot of b*i*tches here..... crikey!

This is a studio building forum for farks sake.

Still curious about power consumption of the 88.

Stef.
Old 6th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowak View Post
Man there are a lot of b*i*tches here..... crikey!

This is a studio building forum for farks sake.

Still curious about power consumption of the 88.

Stef.
I'll try and remember to clamp it tomorrow...........
Old 7th January 2013
Lives for gear

ATC - in today to set speakers up

Well - the lads from ATC were in today to set up our main 5.1 array.
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

So much for British reserve :D
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

:-)

If you have it flaunt it :-)

You might as well - none of us are on the planet long enough !!
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

Cheers :-)

A sense of humour is a must have to work for me :-)

I'll promise to stop all this nonsense now - everybody is welcome to drop in - grab a Nespresso - hang a while - life's too short for bull****

See you around mate

Andy
Old 8th January 2013
Gear Maniac

A nespresso ok, but only with caustic jokes.

ATC, Roger, nespresso and above all funny time with scathing jokes sound good to me.

Laughing is life, don't loose it.

see you
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

Correct:-)

Fancy a job :-)
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
...everybody is welcome to drop in - grab a Nespresso ....
What, no barista in a place like yours...count me out....? Silly little business you have there......
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search