The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 8th December 2012
Lives for gear

Cheers bud

Hey I appreciate that mate I really do-

The studio is not quite finished - another month maybe 6 weeks final decorating / patching in of gear/ finishing joinery -

Your right on the film and game mixing - that's where the money will come from - I hope anyway -

The room is as good as the desk - no joke - it's sounds the same whether you are infront of the mains at the console or back on the deck in a corner - it sounds the same -

Yes the desk is amazing - but the room is better !!!

Mixes done it that room cannot be anything else other than world class -

Thanks for following mate - official pictures and details of PR to follow in the new year -

Talk soon mate

Best

Andy

Last edited by Analogue Kid; 8th December 2012 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: Spelling bullshit
Old 8th December 2012
Lives for gear

Andy is correct, the room is quite astonishing really. And ATC haven't been in to set the speakers up yet!

I have become addicted to the SACD 5.1 release of Dark side of the moon (which was mixed on an 88R and ATC's). You can actually hear where the analogue tape has worn in the new mix!

Andy has sent for the 5.1 version on war of the worlds which will also be a real treat, who would like to come up and have a listen?
Old 9th December 2012
Lives for gear
Pictures ( read: measurements) or it did't happen....... Haha
Old 9th December 2012
Lives for gear

I don't understand?
Old 9th December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
I don't understand?
I think he's after some room EQ measurements
Old 10th December 2012
Lives for gear
Yes, its sort of a standard remark alot of people, if somebody says their room is perfect, make around here. But anyway, I would love to see some graphs of the place.
Old 10th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demor View Post
Yes, its sort of a standard remark alot of people, if somebody says their room is perfect, make around here. But anyway, I would love to see some graphs of the place.
My words were "astonishing". It's impossible to have a perfect room. It's about how close to perfection you get that counts.

I'm not in a position to take any measurements yet, I have not got the gear set up to do it. But maybe in the near future I'll publish some results.
Old 11th December 2012
Lives for gear

Never mind, Bassjam, it's a fact that many famous room have their own "character"… Good engineers just "learn" them faster…
Old 11th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blues View Post
Never mind, Bassjam, it's a fact that many famous room have their own "character"… Good engineers just "learn" them faster…
Is this a joke?
Old 11th December 2012
Gear Addict

Looking great, congratulations!! Graphs only tell you so much anyhow, the perfect room for me is the one that I get the best results from quickly and consistently!! Graphs also don't get you bookings....

This is a commercial studio the clients will decide if its perfect.

Anyhow I love the 88rs, ATC monitoring is first rate and the room looks great!! When are you opening?
Old 11th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Is this a joke?
Of course my friend ! But as my english is not native, may be I failed trying to make a joke… Sorry…
Old 11th December 2012
Gear Addict

bjork homogenic in 5.1 With them Subs has got be worth go !!!! If not everyone taste some very interesting stuff going on with inverting phase never fail to wow me in good room !!!!
Old 11th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukarin View Post
Looking great, congratulations!! Graphs only tell you so much anyhow, the perfect room for me is the one that I get the best results from quickly and consistently!! Graphs also don't get you bookings....

This is a commercial studio the clients will decide if its perfect.

Anyhow I love the 88rs, ATC monitoring is first rate and the room looks great!! When are you opening?
Thank you, wise words!

I was about to say that if anyone would like to come and have a listen, please get in touch. Bearing in mind that ATC haven't been in to set the speakers up yet.

We are finishing some bits in the liveroom and booth before carpet going down between Christmas and New year. Then there is about a week of decorating. Hopefully within this time, all of out analogue looms will be made up and we can then open. I think that the end of January will be used to let some clients come and have a day or two on us to hear the room.
Old 11th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emearg_s View Post
bjork homogenic in 5.1 With them Subs has got be worth go !!!! If not everyone taste some very interesting stuff going on with inverting phase never fail to wow me in good room !!!!
It's not available anymore by the looks of it :-(

Do you have it? If so, please come up and put it on!
Old 11th December 2012
Lives for gear

It's what comes out of the place that matters, not graphs.

If we get nice and busy then I've already been speaking to Roger D'Arcy about................

Digital Baby - Dolby Atmos/Neve DFC post production suite.

:-)
Old 12th December 2012
Here for the gear

Amazing place!
It's good to know that it's still possible to build such studios.
Nice work, and good luck for your business.
Old 15th December 2012
Lives for gear

Yes indeed, such an amount of work and faith needs the biggest reward !!!
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Nut

Two small questions: What about nearfields? And are you going to put some kind of bass absorber behind the desk to minimize the effect of the ATC woofers? It's very interesting to me cause I have a pair of SCM100 in the same situation, thanks.
Old 19th December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruidostudios View Post
Two small questions: What about nearfields? And are you going to put some kind of bass absorber behind the desk to minimize the effect of the ATC woofers? It's very interesting to me cause I have a pair of SCM100 in the same situation, thanks.
Nearfields? I'll let AB speak about that. On the bass trapping front...here's the beauty of a properly designed soffit mounting system: THE WHOLE FRONT WALL IS THE CABINET SURFACE. So there's no need to trap anything until you get to a different wall. Then you need to bass trap like crazy. See our walling for an example.
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruidostudios View Post
Mike is quite right, putting the console in place has not made an audible difference to the room. There is no need for any more treatment to go into the room. Mike is also correct in that there is a lot of bass trapping on all the other surfaces.

Watch this space on the nearfields, not that many people will use them!
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Never a dull moment :-)

Never a dull moment hey Mike :-)

Best

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Nearfields? I'll let AB speak about that. On the bass trapping front...here's the beauty of a properly designed soffit mounting system: THE WHOLE FRONT WALL IS THE CABINET SURFACE. So there's no need to trap anything until you get to a different wall. Then you need to bass trap like crazy. See our walling for an example.
Old 19th December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Never a dull moment hey Mike :-)
Not when the boys are playing tractors in the garden!
Old 20th December 2012
Here for the gear

It's great to see another 88R going into a room in the UK but you really need to be careful about the statements you make such as "The best 5.1 control room in Europe". This could not be further from the truth and I can think of at least 4 in london alone that by your standards, would be the best in the world! None of us however would dream of making such a statement. I wish you well with your new venture but a little humility goes a long way as a newcomer into our world.
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spherefranc View Post
It's great to see another 88R going into a room in the UK but you really need to be careful about the statements you make such as "The best 5.1 control room in Europe". This could not be further from the truth and I can think of at least 4 in london alone that by your standards, would be the best in the world! None of us however would dream of making such a statement. I wish you well with your new venture but a little humility goes a long way as a newcomer into our world.
Hi Frank,

Our statements are that we will hopefully be one of the best mix environments in the world. We are not saying that we are better than anyone else!

Anyway, why not come up and visit? We can discus it all over lunch? Would be cool to have an association with Sphere!

Have a good Christmas,

Greg
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Franc,

Also, please note that we have not listed our studio in the "most amazing fabulous, stupendous studio in the world" thread, like you have done with Sphere!

A little humility goes a long way!
Old 20th December 2012
Lives for gear

Hi Frank - nice of you to show an interest in the studio -

To correct you slightly the console is a brand new 88RS SP2 with Stem maker- one of only a handful in existence .

Regarding the room - the rooms more fabulous than the console which as you know seeing as you own an older version of it ( the desk that is hahaaa )is a remarkable statement to make - but true.

It's all cool Frank :-)

I note as Greg said this is your 2nd post - the first post bragging about how amazing your studio is - ??? What's the score chief ??????

"The kettle calling the pot black" springs to mind-

Come up for a listen - I'll send you a First Class train ticket down -

Happy Christmas dude

Andy Bramhall
Owner
Analogue Baby

Quote:
Old 21st December 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hi Frank - nice of you to show an interest in the studio -

To correct you slightly the console is a brand new 88RS SP2 with Stem maker- one of only a handful in existence .

Regarding the room - the rooms more fabulous than the console which as you know seeing as you own an older version of it ( the desk that is hahaaa )is a remarkable statement to make - but true.

It's all cool Frank :-)

I note as Greg said this is your 2nd post - the first post bragging about how amazing your studio is - ??? What's the score chief ??????

"The kettle calling the pot black" springs to mind-

Come up for a listen - I'll send you a First Class train ticket down -

Happy Christmas dude

Andy Bramhall
Owner
Analogue Baby

First time poster but long time follower of this thread as I'm always interested in new builds. I felt compelled to reply after seeing the sheer display of rudeness displayed by the analogue baby team.

The insane amount of detail of the studio that has been posted throughout this thread has always astounded me, as I would of thought this would be more of a hindrance than a help from a business perspective? But what I always took (and I think I've been proven wrong here) as a sign of sharing high end outlook with the rest of the audio community for the sake of common knowledge, seems to be nothing more than utter arrogance.

If this studio hasn't already ruined its infant reputation, I'm convinced it will soon.
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear
And then you make no comment about spherefrank's behavior?

Awesome! Nice balanced perspective dude.
Old 21st December 2012
Lives for gear

:-) :-) :-)

Oh my Christmas is ruined...... :-) what am I to do ???? :-)

Have we hit a nerve love ??? :-)

I'm glad your astounded by Analogue Baby- you will be when we open and get to hear the quality of the projects coming out of the building.....

Posts like this just make me even more determined to make this business succeed and excel in what it was put here to do.

Have a lovely Christmas and peaceful New Year - go easy on the Christmas pudding :-) :-):-):-)

Oh and Mr Moderators - better keep an eye on here I sense a few Christmas puds are about to get thrown about the place - have no fear - I'm on my best behaviour :-)

Best

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christaline View Post
First time poster but long time follower of this thread as I'm always interested in new builds. I felt compelled to reply after seeing the sheer display of rudeness displayed by the analogue baby team.

The insane amount of detail of the studio that has been posted throughout this thread has always astounded me, as I would of thought this would be more of a hindrance than a help from a business perspective? But what I always took (and I think I've been proven wrong here) as a sign of sharing high end outlook with the rest of the audio community for the sake of common knowledge, seems to be nothing more than utter arrogance.

If this studio hasn't already ruined its infant reputation, I'm convinced it will soon.
Old 21st December 2012
Gear Maniac

Neve, No Neve, SSl, no SSL, Digi 003, No Digi 003, in my humble opinion most of these projects, small scale to big, are the result of failed music careers.

The mind set is usually, we didn't make it, can't make, don't want to make it, or just are not good enough to make etc etc etc, So what's next? I know, lets build a studio!! Who do we know that will invest in this with us? That will keep us in the game, keep us close to the talent! I've seen it in studios all over the world. And I've been in lots of them. The VAST majority, like all start up businesses, fail in the first few years.

To you guys at Analogue Baby, from me down under: You build it, they will come (or they won't, or not enough of them) either way, who cares, i don't, the photos are nice to look at. Might as well tell everyone your going to be the best in the world, it's all subjective anyway.

Regardless, nice room, nice desk, Merry frickin Christmas.

JohnG
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search