The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

walnut plinths

These panels will be housed on solid walnut french polished back plates- will look the absolute business sports fans !!!!!

Andy
Old 21st September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Yeah a seriously mega quality pro job- Mikes the business !!! We like Mike know what quality is- and these are a work of art !!!!!!!!

Cheers Mikey !!!

Best

Andy
Old 22nd September 2012
Here for the gear

Amazing.....That's all I can say!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Can't thank Michael from Manifold enough for the contact to get these done, the quality is unbelievable!

Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

cheers

cheers mate!!!
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Maniac

You're only aloud to say "mate" if your a kiwi mate! LOL

On a more serious note, those panels look frickin amazing. Well paid for!,

JohnG
Old 1st October 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelproductions View Post
You're only aloud to say "mate" if your a kiwi mate! LOL
No mate. you're dead wrong mate. What you wanna do mate is spend a bitta time in East London, mate. Then mate, you'd know wot I mean, mate. Know wot I mean? Mate...?
Old 1st October 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Purple bays all in my brain...
Old 2nd October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncamorea View Post
Purple bays all in my brain...
Props, Sync.

Those look nice, Andy.
Old 2nd October 2012
Lives for gear

Cheers mate

Cheers dude

Yes they do don't they :-)

They look better in real life :-)

Soon as the control room is finished the console goes in:-)

Talk soon mate

Andy
Old 4th October 2012
Gear Head

Well done guys. Good to see a new top notch studio being built in my part of the world.

http://www.philsbook.com
Old 4th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philreno View Post
Well done guys. Good to see a new top notch studio being built in my part of the world.

Thanks Phil!

I took a look at your page on Amazon studios, was delighted to see some photos of Pete "Peewee" Coleman on there!
Old 4th October 2012
Lives for gear

Cheers mate

Cheers

Yes Pee wee - what a star -

Once of the finest mix engineers the UK has ever produced !!!!!

Hope you can come over when we're open !!!

Best

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philreno View Post

Old 5th October 2012
Lives for gear
You never thought of screwing the d-hole chassis parts on the back of the panel? Its easier to switch stuff around without having to desolder everything.
Old 5th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demor View Post
You never thought of screwing the d-hole chassis parts on the back of the panel? Its easier to switch stuff around without having to desolder everything.
Eh?
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear
Like so.....
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Like so.....
If we needed to change anything, we would just buy a new panel
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear
I don't believe you understand me. Of course you are not going to mount those black panels, what I meant was.... Why screw all the d-hole connectors in the panel before soldering them, if you solder them first and then mount them on the back of your panel, when you make a mistake in ..... I don't know..... colorcoding, and switched two channels by accident... you could move them to the right place very easy without having to desolder everything.
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

We start PAT testing all the gear as its going in - we bought our own tester- costly and time consuming but you need to do it BY LAW in the UK.

Andy
Hey Andy,

The law is that you need to keep the equipment in a safe condition, you don't necessarily have to PAT test but it does make life easier. For the most part, visual checks and inspections by someone competent should be enough. Some insurance companies / landlords require that you do it, so I don't know what your situation is.

Maybe you can save some poundies!

(love the build by the way, living in Liverpool I've been stalking this one for ages )

Best
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear

HI

Hi mate-

Cheers for the Post- your quite correct- we bought our own tester to perform and identify any and all pieces of kit used in our workspace that could cause an "issue" be it a shock hazard or interference with our earthing system- this includes items of equipment brought in by a punter-any equipment..... having electrical safety tests done on the main install is a mandatory annual requirement and we have all the testing equipment and a competent person on hand to do this in house..........

Electrical testing and recording keeping will form part of the company's quality manual and it my book is a vital requirement :-) Some other people on here think differently to me- but that's up to them - I know what I want to achieve with Analogue Baby and for me this is all part of it..... acting with due diligence- it's like anything else- everything is dandy until somebody gets seriously hurt or worse.........

Legal Requirements

The legislation of specific relevance to electrical maintenance is the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 and the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.

The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 puts the duty of care upon both the employer and the employee to ensure the safety of all persons using the work premises. This includes the self employed.

The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 states:

"Every employer shall make suitable and sufficient assessment of:

(a) the risks to the health and safety of his employees to which they are exposed whilst at work, and
(b) the risks to ensure the health and safety of persons not in his employment arising out of or in connection with the conduct by him or his undertaking."
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 states:

"Every employer shall ensure that work equipment is maintained in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair."

The PUWER 1998 covers most risks that can result from using work equipment. With respect to risks from electricity, compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 is likely to achieve compliance with the PUWER 1998.

PUWER 1998 only applies to work equipment used by workers at work. This includes all work equipment (fixed, transportable or portable) connected to a source of electrical energy. PUWER does not apply to fixed installations in a building. The electrical safety of these installations is dealt with only by the Electricity at Work Regulations.

The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 states:

"All systems shall at all times be of such construction as to prevent, so far as reasonably practicable, such danger."

"As may be necessary to prevent danger, all systems shall be maintained so as to prevent, so far as reasonably practicable, such danger."

"'System' means an electrical system in which all the electrical equipment is, or may be, electrically connected to a common source of electrical energy and includes such source and such equipment"

"'Electrical Equipment' includes anything used, intended to be used or installed for use, to generate, provide, transmit, transform, rectify, convert, conduct, distribute, control, store, measure or use electrical energy."

Scope of the legislation

It is clear that the combination of the HSW Act 1974, the PUWER 1998 and the EAW Regulations 1989 apply to all electrical equipment used in, or associated with, places of work. The scope extends from distribution systems down to the smallest piece of electrical equipment.

It is clear that there is a requirement to inspect and test all types of electrical equipment in all work situations.

Laters :-)

Andy
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't believe you understand me. Of course you are not going to mount those black panels, what I meant was.... Why screw all the d-hole connectors in the panel before soldering them, if you solder them first and then mount them on the back of your panel, when you make a mistake in ..... I don't know..... colorcoding, and switched two channels by accident... you could move them to the right place very easy without having to desolder everything.
The company who made our panels populated them for us. When we fit them, the wireman will probably remove the connectors to wire them in then re-populate the panel.

G
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi mate-

Cheers for the Post- your quite correct- we bought our own tester to perform and identify any and all pieces of kit used in our workspace that could cause an "issue" be it a shock hazard or interference with our earthing system- this includes items of equipment brought in by a punter-any equipment..... having electrical safety tests done on the main install is a mandatory annual requirement and we have all the testing equipment and a competent person on hand to do this in house..........

Electrical testing and recording keeping will form part of the company's quality manual and it my book is a vital requirement :-) Some other people on here think differently to me- but that's up to them - I know what I want to achieve with Analogue Baby and for me this is all part of it..... acting with due diligence- it's like anything else- everything is dandy until somebody gets seriously hurt or worse.........
Right you are buddy. It's top that you're taking it seriously. The shame, I find, is that not everybody does. Recent experience of working at a college showed me that PAT testing really can be a farce - had pieces of equipment with bare wires showing and in various states of disrepair passed by the company that did it. Common sense would be a better safety test in that case.. and cheaper!

Best
James
Old 8th October 2012
Gear Addict

Coming from somebody in Merseyside this is looking like its going to be the best studio in the North West. I haven't seen anything like this build, and I've seen most of them. Reaching for the upper echelons of best studios in England. Id like to hear some rates and services if you guys have the time to share. Sorry if you might have covered it already its a big thread. Approx is cool.

sent from the future
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiopo View Post
Right you are buddy. It's top that you're taking it seriously. The shame, I find, is that not everybody does. Recent experience of working at a college showed me that PAT testing really can be a farce - had pieces of equipment with bare wires showing and in various states of disrepair passed by the company that did it. Common sense would be a better safety test in that case.. and cheaper!

Best
James
The first part of a pat test is a visual inspection. The testing unit has to be told that the item passes the visual inspection before it carries out any other tests. We have a very sophisticated pat tester which performs on load tests as well as all the other tests. It also tests for earth leakage which is very bad for noise floor in a clean power system.

Greg
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie.machete View Post
Coming from somebody in Merseyside this is looking like its going to be the best studio in the North West. I haven't seen anything like this build, and I've seen most of them. Reaching for the upper echelons of best studios in England. Id like to hear some rates and services if you guys have the time to share. Sorry if you might have covered it already its a big thread. Approx is cool.

sent from the future
Thank you for the kind words,

Please email me on [email protected] to discuss rates ect.

Greg
Old 9th October 2012
Lives for gear

Hi

Hi

Cheers for the kind words.

We set out from the onset of this build to create the finest control room we could that was a ground up 5.1 / 7.1 mix space.

What we believe we have is one the finest mix spaces in Europe thats been built away from inner London - this is a first - the first studio in the North of England to feature a fully scoring capable 88RS - this alone was a massive financial commitment but what it brings is the chance of doing projects that automatically would have gone to the large London studios by default- it's not all been a bed of roses -its been 2 years of unbelievable stress and serious commitment by all involved to make this happen and to get it to this stage.

We'll be open before the end of the year mate.

I'll look forward to show you around .

Thanks for your interest .

Best

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie.machete View Post

sent from the future
Old 9th October 2012
Gear Addict

Thanks for the gentlemanly replies guys. 5.1 Is definitely on the cards in the future for me. Along with sending mixing duties to such a glorious studio with reputable engineers. I will save your contact details, I need to get on your website too. If you offered mastering too I'd love to stay local for mixing and mastering. Thanks again.
Old 13th October 2012
Lives for gear

Final electrical testing today

Hi all

Another boring day but an important one - Chubbfingers and Rick "ace electrical installation engineer" are final testing today.

Main point today was to check our technical earth spike at the back of the studio -

Just taken a call from them and Ricks over the moon - the reading is an amazing result - we'll post all of this incase anybody is interested - but it means the noise floor on our clean power is incredibly LOW- "Air" in London had to spend over £100k on copper rods in their carpark to get a 1 ohm reading - I believe we were 2.8 ohms -on our copper rods - that's is an amazing feat considering our resources - you all know my standpoint on this type of thing-at Analogue Baby NOTHING is left to chance.

I have an important announcement to make soon - well I think it's important anyway- full news to follow -

Latest pics are up on our Facebook page -

Link for facebook is on our website -

Analogue Baby - World-Class Surround-Capable Mixing & Tracking Facility

Cheers have a good weekend !!!

Andy
Old 13th October 2012
Here for the gear

Great to see such a facility being built locally. Best of luck with everything.
Old 13th October 2012
Lives for gear

Cheers Andy

Cheers Andy

Much appreciated

Where are you located ?

Best

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBrooker View Post
Great to see such a facility being built locally. Best of luck with everything.
Old 13th October 2012
Here for the gear

Just an ex-freelancer living on the Wirral... starting to get the recording itch again after a few years in the wilderness... I'd love to come and have a look around when your ready.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search