The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 26th August 2012
Lives for gear

cheers :-)

Cheers mate

Andy
Old 26th August 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
That's the point of the lift, it will drop the mid and near fields out of the way.
So, meaning that when pressing Large on the Neve, the lifts go down, when pressing Small or Mini the respective lifts go up?

So there´s no quick A/B with the Large, since the lifts take a while to go up and down.

How will the lift motors/hidraulics be driven? It will be a manual process, meaning that you need to select whatever monitoring setup on the Neve and then activate the lifts or did you find a way of the start/stop to be triggered from the monitor selection buttons?

I´m asking this because I would like to automate a room curve monitor device directly from the monitor selectors on the Neve.
Old 26th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
So, meaning that when pressing Large on the Neve, the lifts go down, when pressing Small or Mini the respective lifts go up?

So there´s no quick A/B with the Large, since the lifts take a while to go up and down.

How will the lift motors/hidraulics be driven? It will be a manual process, meaning that you need to select whatever monitoring setup on the Neve and then activate the lifts or did you find a way of the start/stop to be triggered from the monitor selection buttons?

I´m asking this because I would like to automate a room curve monitor device directly from the monitor selectors on the Neve.
Alas no, the lift has its own remote. If it was possible for the console to output some logic when switching then it would be pretty simple to build a driver control interface for the lift. Ill look into it but I'm sure that the desk can't do that without modification, which we won't be doing.

Most of the time people will be mixing on the full range ATC system, the other monitors will only be used for mix checking on stereo projects. Most of our work will be in surround.

Greg
Old 26th August 2012
Gear Maniac

OK, got it.
Old 27th August 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
I once saw Keith Emerson get shot thru a hole in the stage...
Old 27th August 2012
Lives for gear

thats funny mate

just cheered me up that :-)

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncamorea View Post
I once saw Keith Emerson get shot thru a hole in the stage...
Old 27th August 2012
Lives for gear

Couple more on Facebook today

Chubbfingers posts a few more up on our Facebook page today-

Nothing major just a few shots of the back of the racks routed for signal and power

Graham's made another great job

Our custom panels are on the way from Signal Transport USA should have them middle of next week through UK Customs

Really nice pieces - custom purple anodised aluminium with white lettering for those of you who give a rats :-)

Cheers

Andy
Analogue Baby - World-Class Surround-Capable Mixing & Tracking Facility
Old 28th August 2012
Lives for gear

ATC,s

Chubbfingers fires them up with Tony D

Analogue Baby ATC test - YouTube

They were pleased....

The imaging was amazing and the room is well ........AMAZING !!!!!!!!!

Andy
Old 28th August 2012
Quote:
Our custom panels are on the way from Signal Transport USA should have them middle of next week through UK Customs

Really nice pieces - custom purple anodised aluminium with white lettering for those of you who give a rats :-)
A great example of one member helping out another with a recommendation ;-)
Old 28th August 2012
Lives for gear

100%

Yes credit where credit is due !!!!!

Mr Clueless stepped in with a fantastic contact....:-)

Us " high enders" have to stick together !!!!!!

Cheers bud as always !!!!!

Andy, Chubbs, and the team !!!!!! XXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
A great example of one member helping out another with a recommendation ;-)
Old 28th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Chubbfingers fires them up with Tony D

Analogue Baby ATC test - YouTube

They were pleased....

The imaging was amazing and the room is well ........AMAZING !!!!!!!!!

Andy
Am looking forward to getting all 7 speakers going at once! Someone needs to get that Blu-Ray player in first though!
Old 28th August 2012
Lives for gear

Sorry

Sorry

Shove a broom up my arse and I'll do a spot of cleaning up as well :-)

It's been ordered today :-)

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Am looking forward to getting all 7 speakers going at once! Someone needs to get that Blu-Ray player in first though!
Old 28th August 2012
Lives for gear

Hey, I've just nipped to tesco.

Old 29th August 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Shove a broom up my arse and I'll do a spot of cleaning up as well :-)
Glad I wasn't eating/drinking at the time...
Old 29th August 2012
Lives for gear

:-)

hahaaeeeeeeeee

Andy
Old 29th August 2012
Lives for gear

Rained cats and dogs today!
Old 8th September 2012
Lives for gear

A non standard socket in the walk through to the control room, what could that be for?

Old 8th September 2012
Lives for gear

That's right, an emergency A800!

Old 8th September 2012
Lives for gear

When commissioning and testing a large electrical install, it's always nice when the tester keeps throwing up big ticks on the screen and a large green LED lights up!

Old 8th September 2012
Lives for gear

Oooh, and again! :-)

I really want one of these Metrel's, it's a great unit! And not because it's passing all of our circuits! Ha ha

Old 8th September 2012
Lives for gear

Un like some :-)

Un like some :-)
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

French Poliher Andy was in today. The walnut cable deck looks amazing! Shame a lot of it won't be seen really.

Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear
Looking great. How many days left till complete?
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

Hi

Hi mate - thanks for asking.

The joinery work will be finished in 2 weeks- electrical testing will be finished next weekend - our sparky is in this weekend- 2 days left after this weekend.

The gear is starting to go into the racks .

We start PAT testing all the gear as its going in - we bought our own tester- costly and time consuming but you need to do it BY LAW in the UK.

The desk is being commissioned probably middle of October - certainly before the end of October .

One thing I have learned is it's never over till its over and never give an openin date until your done - otherwise you look like an arse hole ( like I have many times over :-( )

We have been buildig this now for over 2 years !!!!!

It can and has been extremely depressing the amount of time this actually takes!!!

We actually hope to be open and fully functioning end of NOVEMBER early DECEMBER .
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

Hi

Hi mate - thanks for asking.

The joinery work will be finished in 2 weeks- electrical testing will be finished next weekend - our sparky is in this weekend- 2 days left after this weekend.

The gear is starting to go into the racks .

We start PAT testing all the gear as its going in - we bought our own tester- costly and time consuming but you need to do it BY LAW in the UK.

The desk is being commissioned probably middle of October - certainly before the end of October .

One thing I have learned is it's never over till its over and never give an openin date until your done - otherwise you look like an arse hole ( like I have many times over :-( )

We have been buildig this now for over 2 years !!!!!

It can and has been extremely depressing the amount of time this actually takes!!!

We actually hope to be open and fully functioning end of NOVEMBER early DECEMBER .

Cheers for asking mate - I just cannot wait for this to be over - i really really really can't wait !!!!!!!

Cheers

Andy
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

Some new pics.....

Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

Can't thank Michael from Manifold enough for the contact to get these done, the quality is unbelievable!

Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

Some other bits came as well.....

Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

Can't wait to get these chips in and hear the new presets!

Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

Yes Mike- your a star mate !!!!!

Yeah a seriously mega quality pro job- Mikes the business !!! We like Mike know what quality is- and these are a work of art !!!!!!!!

Cheers Mikey !!!

Best

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Can't thank Michael from Manifold enough for the contact to get these done, the quality is unbelievable!

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search