The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 28th March 2012
Lives for gear

Old 28th March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Well, after 2 days training with Robin Porter at Neve, we know what the formatter in the scoring panel does!

hahaha... heh
Old 28th March 2012
Gear Addict

IT looks like the mega mouse/rat's from Liverpool
Is maybe sunning its selfs In florida
But it mayhave left a giant cheese grater behind ?
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

Up date

Ok the lads are in the studio now... its busy today and tomorrow

More wiring and terminations for the EDACS- we have 2 guys on this all weekend-

I'm on my way there now with my son Jack and the Mrs............. ;-)

I've told Greg to get the Red carpet out !!!!!!

We had an enquiry early hours of this morning from one of the largest scoring engineers in the world about a project !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its exciting

Have a good weekend !!!!

Andy

Last edited by Analogue Kid; 31st March 2012 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: bs spelling mistakes :-(
Old 4th April 2012
Lives for gear

Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
I feel a tiny bit of magnetic dust on my mouse finger after watching that. Well done!
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

^ Those machines really are mechanical marvels....spinning a heavy flywheel like that reel and stopping it on a dime in less than a second. It's a pleasure just to watch that Swiss mix of muscle and precision -- and aesthetic elegance.

Bet it sounds good too....
Old 5th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
^ Those machines really are mechanical marvels....spinning a heavy flywheel like that reel and stopping it on a dime in less than a second. It's a pleasure just to watch that Swiss mix of muscle and precision -- and aesthetic elegance.

Bet it sounds good too....
Our tape tech, Andy Popplewell, is an amazing guy! He changed every capacitor (not just the audio caps) in both our A800's and they are running amazingly well! The frequency response is very nearly back to factory spec and that ATR tape is SUBLIME!
Old 6th April 2012
Lives for gear

Instant boiling water for tea and coffee!

Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

1) super fantastic studio,men! it's like a dream

2)could you explain me please what these 'pannels' are for?

thanks!
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy3 View Post
1) super fantastic studio,men! it's like a dream

2)could you explain me please what these 'pannels' are for?

thanks!
They are Helm-Holtz diffusion panels, some of them are ceiling treatment and some are wall treatment.

Hope that answers your question?

Greg
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hope that answers your question?

Greg
Yep! :-)
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear
What is that, laminated Trespa???
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demor View Post
What is that, laminated Trespa???
No it's MDF
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear
Aha its painted and then laminated. It looked like Trespa, I believe you can actually buy it like that from them.
Old 16th April 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncamorea View Post
I feel a tiny bit of magnetic dust on my mouse finger after watching that. Well done!
class!
gives me a warm fuzzy feeling ..

(no, not the sound of a badly lined up tape machine)

excellent work gentlemen..

good to see these in action in 2012

the best of luck with it
Old 17th April 2012
Jam
Lives for gear

I've just read this epic thread in two long sittings.

Lovely stuff chaps, good luck with it all.

One question from much earlier in the thread, you mentioned, favourably, the Shiny Box ribbons, did you go for one of the transformer upgrades? Or just the basic version ?

James
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demor View Post
Aha its painted and then laminated. It looked like Trespa, I believe you can actually buy it like that from them.
No it's black colour-core MDF, it's black all the way through. The brushed aluminium is laminated to the MDF before they are CNC machined.
Old 20th April 2012
Have you checked out Powersoft amps? If you would be using passive monitors... that is. I've used those and they sound amazing. I use Yamaha amps, Phonic amps and Dynacord S1200 amps. When I was at the AIR studios in London I noticed the 88RS neve there used HH amps (Mosfet (old stuff man). And the sound was "slow". With the new class D and neodynium and alike speakers transients can be way faster.
Anyway. If you do need a power amp please check these amps. They sound amazing. And are incredibly light.

http://www.powersoft-audio.com/
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
Have you checked out Powersoft amps? If you would be using passive monitors... that is. I've used those and they sound amazing. I use Yamaha amps, Phonic amps and Dynacord S1200 amps. When I was at the AIR studios in London I noticed the 88RS neve there used HH amps (Mosfet (old stuff man). And the sound was "slow". With the new class D and neodynium and alike speakers transients can be way faster.
Anyway. If you do need a power amp please check these amps. They sound amazing. And are incredibly light.

http://www.powersoft-audio.com/
The HH amps at Air are used for the headphone monitoring in the studio area.
Old 20th April 2012
Well, they are in the rack space to the right (door). Not sure how that would work.. But I'm not too techie.

Anyhow. My Bagend speakers really were a lot faster with the Powersoft amp. I asume my B&W's would be even faster... I was kinda dissapointed I could not hear the high highs. There was a schoeps Decca Tree above a wonderfull ensemble and a grand piano.. (A few weeks after the comparison with the K10's of Powersoft ). And Michael Farrow said he missed his Neumann M50's. Though the surround feel of Michael's setup was impeccable. And those Schoeps can deliver content way up to 50khz.

Just had this hunch that console could do so much more (in the highs) then that monitoring system could offer. But I did not touch the console. (I never have touched such a pro console... (yeah a Neve at Mol Belgium) . But it was just a hunch... You want that stable sound in a movie.

Anyhow, just a nice story for you to read.
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
Well, they are in the rack space to the right (door). Not sure how that would work.. But I'm not too techie.

Anyhow. My Bagend speakers really were a lot faster with the Powersoft amp. I asume my B&W's would be even faster... I was kinda dissapointed I could not hear the high highs. There was a schoeps Decca Tree above a wonderfull ensemble and a grand piano.. (A few weeks after the comparison with the K10's of Powersoft ). And Michael Farrow said he missed his Neumann M50's. Though the surround feel of Michael's setup was impeccable. And those Schoeps can deliver content way up to 50khz.

Just had this hunch that console could do so much more (in the highs) then that monitoring system could offer. But I did not touch the console. (I never have touched such a pro console... (yeah a Neve at Mol Belgium) . But it was just a hunch... You want that stable sound in a movie.

Anyhow, just a nice story for you to read.
We have ATC P4 power amps for our mains and a Bryston 4B for our PMC midfields. Our focals are active and we have a Bryston 3B for our NS10's
Old 20th April 2012
Those are awesome choices. And the best of the best.

But I work alone. So I have the freedom to experiment somewhat out of the box. And I was floored by that class D amp. Wich on paper should do alot worse then the amps I've heard. But it didn't. So if you ever get the chance I would love to hear what your ears tell you. I do mix in surround from time to time. Fast transients help to get you that vast soundscape that every now and then should blow the user away. To add value. And since Class D is so cheap to manufacture it will rapido be available in big numbers.
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

Class

Yo dude

Utter class - we love you mate - keep 'em coming

Love to show you around when we open !!

Best

Andy
Old 3rd May 2012
Lives for gear

We got our super fast un-contended internet connection sorted today! :-)
Old 3rd May 2012
Lives for gear

yes

allegedly the most important thing above all other in a studio :-)

Andy
Old 3rd May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
allegedly the most important thing above all other in a studio :-)

Andy
er... save the lava lamps of course!

Old 3rd May 2012
Lives for gear

well of course

Yes Trev

I forgot about those !!!!! ;-0

Your place is getting there mate :-)

Andy
Old 3rd May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Yes Trev

I forgot about those !!!!! ;-0

Your place is getting there mate :-)

Andy
Old 7th May 2012
Quote:
We got our super fast un-contended internet connection sorted today! :-)
Hope you got a decent bandwidth. Did you take cable or DSL? Or even fibre?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search