The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 18th January 2011
Gear Nut

Used to live in Liverpool, love the place and think I'll be popping by the studio to track some things, looks great, fantastic prices!

T
Old 19th January 2011
Lives for gear

Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl.masters
Used to live in Liverpool, love the place and think I'll be popping by the studio to track some things, looks great, fantastic prices!

Thanks mate! Would love you to come over!

What sort of stuff do you do?

Am assuming from your handle that your a drummer?

Greg
Old 19th January 2011
Gear Nut

Producer/engineer/ drummer. I have to pretend I'm slightly musical! I'll keep following the thread and get in touch when you're on the home stretch. Where a bouts in Liverpool are you based?

I'll have to bring an spx 90 though, god you're gear list is really missing an integral snare drum enhancer, and of course my theremin

T
Old 19th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl.masters View Post
Producer/engineer/ drummer. I have to pretend I'm slightly musical! I'll keep following the thread and get in touch when you're on the home stretch. Where a bouts in Liverpool are you based?

I'll have to bring an spx 90 though, god you're gear list is really missing an integral snare drum enhancer, and of course my theremin
5 mins from runcorn station mate, hope thats ok?

Greg
Old 19th January 2011
Lives for gear

88r

So im in at AIR Lyndhurst tonight and tommorw and they have on of those there NEVE 88 s you just bought , can wait to have a good go thru
steve
Old 19th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Honest View Post
So im in at AIR Lyndhurst tonight and tommorw and they have on of those there NEVE 88 s you just bought , can wait to have a good go thru
steve
Cool! I am good friends with the guys there, ours is an 88RS its slightly updated with extra features but essentualy its the same desk.

What you upto at AIR?

Greg
Old 20th January 2011
Lives for gear

Air

HI Mate
just back from Air
WE have RUMER in Filming 4 songs and playing the live and tracking the audio, but its in the big Hall, which when i did Culture Club and Oasis in there in the past i didnt think suited Rock too well.
But that said its a beatiful set up.
there 88 is 96 input, the guys say it gives of little heat , much less than a VR, and while they had some probloms with it, its solid and goes to work for you every day,
the session before our load in was Classical samples and that sounded sweet, they had racks in the room of 1081 remote pres and also 88r remote pres keeping the mic cables short, a farichild 660, 4 neve 33609 s which i adore, lexicon 960 and 480 SOme huge old desk called Neve or something, porbaly worth something for scrappage when they decide to get rid of it (lol)

When i did a live to air for Heart FM in there with Culture Club in 99 George Martin showed me round , he was a gem, Let me use some neat stuff he had tucked away, and was really cool with me bugging him with questions, a real Gent.

So we loaded in tonight and the left the film crew to faff about and they shoot tommorow , but i cant go tommorw as im with Rat scabies allday at my Place, Who is a another Producer of some self Style.
cheers
steve
Old 20th January 2011
Lives for gear

Hi Steve,

Some old desk? Are you on about there AIR-custom focusrite/neve???

Or do you mean the little libra thats used as a sidecar??

So you were there doing live sound?

Greg
Old 20th January 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
5 mins from runcorn station mate, hope thats ok?

Greg
Easy!

How long are you estimating the build will take? Looks like an incredible undertaking in this modern age, some people have to live the dream for all of us and it's great that you are sharing the process on here. Merci
(working wi a French band at the moment)

T
Old 20th January 2011
Lives for gear

Joke

Quote:
Hi Steve,

Some old desk? Are you on about there AIR-custom focusrite/neve???

Or do you mean the little libra thats used as a sidecar??

So you were there doing live sound?

Greg
HI greg
Sorry mate my poor attempt at humor, they have 96 input 88 in the room we were in, so i made a joke about that Old desk,
No i stage Manage Rumer s shows , so i got everything in for Us backline and monitors and the film crew started there build , and then i spent the rest of the time drooling in the control room , while my Son Slept on the couch the other side of the 88,
steve
Old 20th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl.masters View Post
Easy!

How long are you estimating the build will take? Looks like an incredible undertaking in this modern age, some people have to live the dream for all of us and it's great that you are sharing the process on here. Merci
(working wi a French band at the moment)

T
Tres Bien!!!

Vous parles france?

Should be finished in April/May im hoping. Were cracking on with electrical works at the moment.

Cant wait for you to come up and see the place!

Greg
Old 20th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
HI greg
Sorry mate my poor attempt at humor, they have 96 input 88 in the room we were in, so i made a joke about that Old desk,
No i stage Manage Rumer s shows , so i got everything in for Us backline and monitors and the film crew started there build , and then i spent the rest of the time drooling in the control room , while my Son Slept on the couch the other side of the 88,
steve

Oh wow, thats cool!

Ive slept on that couch! My car broke down so I was lucky enough to sleep in there, that night was when I fell in love with the 88! It was a very magical experience!

I hope your gonna come up when we open? Maybe your place could join the studio family that Im hoping to start with Trev?

Greg
Old 21st January 2011
Lives for gear

SUrely

HI
I would certainly love to come up for when you open doors, and as for the studio Family, i think we are all ,already family , by Studio s.
Studios do better on the whole working in cooperation with each other , rather than competing,
steve
Old 22nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
HI
I would certainly love to come up for when you open doors, and as for the studio Family, i think we are all ,already family , by Studio s.
Studios do better on the whole working in cooperation with each other , rather than competing,
steve
You are dead right Steve!

Would be great to have a real "family" cooperation. You in that London, Trev in Birmingham and us in Livepool. We just need a Scotish, Welsh and Newcastle studio now and we will be set! All working together to do great projects!

Greg

heh
Old 22nd January 2011
Quote:
You are dead right Steve!

Would be great to have a real "family" cooperation. You in that London, Trev in Birmingham and us in Livepool. We just need a Scotish, Welsh and Newcastle studio now and we will be set! All working together to do great projects!

Greg

heh
Does it count that I'm Scottish?
Old 23rd January 2011
Gear Addict

Not wanting to be a smart arse but Runcorn really isn't Liverpool by anyones stretch of the imagination!!??

Love 88Rs though, good luck with the build and project in general.....
Old 23rd January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukarin View Post
Not wanting to be a smart arse but Runcorn really isn't Liverpool by anyones stretch of the imagination!!??
Meh, it's only about 10-15 mins from Lime Street station.
Old 24th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukarin View Post

Love 88Rs though, good luck with the build and project in general.....
The studio is less than 8 miles from John Lennon Airport.

Well within short traveling time for clients who wish to stay in liverpool city centre.

So what is Runcorn then? If not mostly built to house the Liverpool overspill in the 1960's? Im sure to clients from abroad we are more Liverpool than Manchester, Chester or London!

Its only the same as Sphere saying that they are in London when they are in Battersey, or The Dairy in Brixton.

Plus, Im scouse lol.

Greg
Old 24th January 2011
Lives for gear

All you peeps, some who I have allready spoken to, who would like to be on our "list of assistants, engineers, producers and session players"?? Please pm me with your email addresses.........

Greg

heh
Old 24th January 2011
Lives for gear

ns
Old 24th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post

ns
He he, so so true!

Old 24th January 2011
Lives for gear

I was gonna say, you're lucky that 88R doesnt have wheels on it, otherwise you'd find it resting on four stacks of bricks in the morning.
Old 24th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station View Post
I was gonna say, you're lucky that 88R doesnt have wheels on it, otherwise you'd find find it resting on four stacks of bricks in the morning.
Calm down! Calm down!
Old 28th January 2011
Lives for gear

Pics

HI chaps
So hows abut a few new pics of the build?
steve
Old 28th January 2011
Lives for gear

Hi Steve,

There isnt much to take pics of at the moment, we have been wiring and preparing for the acousic treatment to start. We have been asked not to post pics of the treatment, if you want to know about it you will have to order Recording Architecture- The Book.

Ill find something to take a pic off and post some next week!

Greg
Old 31st January 2011
Lives for gear

Woo Hoo! Our website is getting there!

Just trying to keep it simple though.

Let me know what you think........

.::. Analogue Baby .::.
Old 31st January 2011
Administrator

Just checked out your website. Lookin good!
Needs a few pics and your done

Graham

P.s Nice gear listthumbsup
Old 31st January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
Just checked out your website. Lookin good!
Needs a few pics and your done

Graham

P.s Nice gear listthumbsup
Thanks mate, pics will go up when the build is finished.

The gear list is forever growing! I just have to work out where to put it all
Old 31st January 2011
Quote:
The gear list is forever growing! I just have to work out where to put it all
You're welcome to store some at my house...

...what's so funny?
Old 31st January 2011
Quote:
Woo Hoo! Our website is getting there!

Just trying to keep it simple though.

Let me know what you think........

.::. Analogue Baby .::.
Looking good! (Loving the Tron finish! heh)
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search