The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 29th November 2011
Lives for gear

Old 29th November 2011
Lives for gear

Old 29th November 2011
Lives for gear

Looking good!
Old 1st December 2011
Lives for gear

Utter PANTS

No pictures again

I've only spent £1.5K on camera gear

Utter bobbins

:-( :-(
Old 1st December 2011
Lives for gear

Old 1st December 2011
Lives for gear

Old 1st December 2011
Lives for gear

Old 1st December 2011
Lives for gear

Old 1st December 2011
Lives for gear

Old 1st December 2011
Lives for gear

Old 1st December 2011
Lives for gear

At last

At last the camera works !!!!!!!!

It's getting there .....

The panels look good Greg

Andy
Old 1st December 2011
Lives for gear

Greg

Greg

I need the glass sizes for the back control room door and machine room door window...

I want to get these into production with DEKKO before Christmas

Andy
Old 1st December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
At last the camera works !!!!!!!!

It's getting there .....

The panels look good Greg

Andy
I do try my best!

£6.50p for new camera cable by the way!

I'll get glass sizes tomorrow........
Old 3rd December 2011
Lives for gear

Up dates

Hi sports fans

Update

Next week

Solid oak window beads manufactured and fitted around main control room windows

Forward monitor absorbers / frames and fabric fitted

Solid walnut door arches fitted around main sound doors/ machine room

American white ash cut to make the 2 new doors / frames for new booth and new live room get in.

USA imports arriving in the UK Friday containing USA frequency convertors
And various other pieces - our bricasti M7 rigs on the pallet with M10 remote.
Also our custom wall plates arrive - they look fantastic- Mr Clueless Thankyou for the contacts -:-)

It will be a busy week for Greg and Graham

Me- I'm driving semis all week to pay for all of this crap :-)

Laters

Andy
Old 5th December 2011
Lives for gear

Desk News

Well I have some BIG NEWS today - it won't mean much to most of you but to us and our clients/ AND competitors its MAJOR NEWS.

Our console will be fitted with the NEVE STEM MAKER option to go hand in hand with our SP2 Scoring Panel ;-)

This will put us firmly up there with the big boys in fact don't quote me but I believe there is only Abbey Road Studio 1 and 2 with SP2 / Stem Maker options and US in the whole of the UK ............

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a serious piece of kit and now gives us absolute FULL 88RS capability..... ideal for Score and Game work.....

The Console is untouchable

Cheers and thanks for taking an interest in all of this........

We're getting there............. Rome wasn't built in a day was it ?????? :-)

Andy
Old 5th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Rome wasn't built in a day was it ?????? :-)
No the bricks were 2 weeks late arriving (Courtesy of Mr S. Milligan)
Old 5th December 2011
Lives for gear

:-)

Excellent Andy :-) ,,,,!!!!!!

AB
Old 5th December 2011
Amazing news! The desk really will be something special once the upgrade is fitted. A further 32 multitrack busses will make life a lot easier for the bigger score mixes we hope to be undertaking. As you say, Andy, I'm unaware of another facility besides Abbey Road with both the SP2 and the stem maker. Exciting stuff!

The control room panelling is also looking fantastic, Graham has done an amazing job of the frames. I promise I'll be back on the build this week - moving house last week was rather more time-consuming than I'd hoped!
Old 5th December 2011
Lives for gear

Hi Mate

Hi mate

Thanks ;-)

I think its an extra 36 buses or even 38 buses OVER TO YOU CHUBBFINGERS !!!!!!

But were it kills is the recall of the stems and yes the extra buses......... no need to reset the desk.....

Massively aids workflow and helps mixing BIG TIME......

From Neve............

The retrofit of the stem maker provides you with a full set 88RS Enhanced Stem channel strips, 36 busses split into six (6) stem groups labelled A through to F which can be monitored by your existing SP2 panel with recall via Encore.

Nice Tony !!!!

Andy
Old 6th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi mate

Thanks ;-)

I think its an extra 36 buses or even 38 buses OVER TO YOU CHUBBFINGERS !!!!!!

But were it kills is the recall of the stems and yes the extra buses......... no need to reset the desk.....

Massively aids workflow and helps mixing BIG TIME......

From Neve............

The retrofit of the stem maker provides you with a full set 88RS Enhanced Stem channel strips, 36 busses split into six (6) stem groups labelled A through to F which can be monitored by your existing SP2 panel with recall via Encore.

Nice Tony !!!!

Andy

Yes where it kills is having another 6 surround busses that you can mix to and monitor using the SP2 panel.

When scoring, the engineer builds up multiple surround stems that are delvered both as individual sub mixes and summed together as a main mix. Without the stem mixer, the console has only one surround bus. On a non stem mixer console, the engineer uses the multitrack busses to create these stems. Obviously this means that there are long setup times and panning restrictions.

With the stem mixer, you can send audio from both the large and or the small faders to the extra surround busses A-F.

Its also totally recallable and automatable!

Very cool!
Old 12th December 2011
Lives for gear

Sorry for the delay in posting pics! Andy isnt the only one who has been out driving this time! I was out grafting all weekend!!!!

The very sexy walnut architraves have started to go on and get sealed by the french pollisher.

Graham left them chunky but knocked the sharp edges off with a very small small radius router bit.....................

Old 12th December 2011
Lives for gear

Old 12th December 2011
Lives for gear

Not sealed yet............

Old 12th December 2011
Lives for gear

Skylight architraves are also fitted.................

Old 12th December 2011
Lives for gear

Oh and by the way, are there no comments on us deciding to get the stem maker?

Or do you all have to see a pic of it???
Old 12th December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post

I think a photo of a few more knobs and buttons will do it, to be honest though I'm loving the door frames!
Old 12th December 2011
Lives for gear

Just to point out some details on the next steps:

Because our construction is such that the control room and machine room are compleatly floating independent of any other structure, it creates a nasty gap where the walls cant touch the reception ceiling. The "pod" walls also cant touch the reception or machine room floors.

As you can see on the pics below, we made the doors into the control room, through the sound lobby as wide and tall as possible. You will note that the top of the door architrave flies past the ceiling slightly.

This top architrave will flow into more walnut at that hight going around the perimeter of the pod. Then even more walnut will attach flat to the ciling allmost touching the wall fixed walnut. This creates a "solid wanut floating cornice"

Then we will attach solid walnut skirting boards, again a few mills above the floor level, hiding the gaps.

Its a LOT of walnut!

It will look great! But Andy will not be pleased

Quote:
Not sealed yet............

Old 13th December 2011
Quote:

I just read the Neve documentation. That's a lot of busses you've got there!

Our Harrison Trion has a similar feature whereby one can dynamically configure channels to feed any of the panning modes and assign the resultant spread to the 48 main mixing busses. These are conveniently laid out as a matrix with rows A-F and columns 1-8. This allows us to make six completely independent 7.1 mix stems from up to 96 fully discrete inputs. We haven't tried it yet, but probably will soon.
Old 13th December 2011
7 independent 7.1. mixes will leave you clueless....

One 7.1. mix will be very similar to a 5.1. mix. A 7.1 mix and a stereomix in one project will answer many questions... Those other six 7.1. mixes will probably ask six questions you would not want to hear...

But it is offcourse awesome you have such possibilities. I'm looking forward to buying a first completed Blueray concert.... Clueless.

By the way.... Those wood details are awesome. Great great wood you have here.
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
7 independent 7.1. mixes will leave you clueless....

One 7.1. mix will be very similar to a 5.1. mix. A 7.1 mix and a stereomix in one project will answer many questions... Those other six 7.1. mixes will probably ask six questions you would not want to hear...

But it is offcourse awesome you have such possibilities. I'm looking forward to buying a first completed Blueray concert.... Clueless.

By the way.... Those wood details are awesome. Great great wood you have here.
When working on large scores, you have to split sections of the tracks down into stem sub mixes for two main reasons. Firstly to make the mix manageable for the engineer, once you have a sound for the string section you can then move on to the brass ect. Having each section as a stem means that you can easily change the levels of each stem within the console. The 88RSSP2 also has a number of 2 track down mixers which will mix each stem down to stereo in real time.

The second reason is that dubbing houses ask for a final mix and each individual stem so that, if needed, levels of each stem can be changed in the dub, without having to remix the whole score.

Our desk outputs each stem A-F and will sum those stems and output them as an overall mix (and 2-track mix downs).

Without this capability, the engineer would have to do multiple passes of each piece of music.

And remember this is an ANALOGUE console! The busses are real copper bus bars! Robin Porter really is a genius!

Greg
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search