The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 23rd October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreacherX View Post

Sorry, couldnt help it!
Haha! I have no idea what was going through my mind when this photo was taken! Cheers for the laughs! heh
Old 25th October 2011
Lives for gear

Keeping you posted

Hi

Ok a few things on the go behind the scenes here

We purchased the replacement flooring today for fitting sometime next week....

The industrial strengh Velcro arrived today to fix the stretch fabric wall and ceiling panels :-)

We have a local carpet fitter Paul Stirrup coming down to measure up and advise on the custom carpet Axminster have designed for us.....

Greg will post something tomorrow about this , but it's going to look seriously seriously amazing going from the computer generated image we have both seen today...... Axminster will send an actual sample wihtin a week of the approved design........ I just can't wait for this to be honest, I love anything unusual and distinctive and this will really be a beautiful touch to the building..... Like the glass work we commissioned .......

The custom sound panels are in the paint shop, well are infact in the drying booth in Liverpool.... These should be finished any day.... We'll get some shots up when we have them.....

Alls good at Analogue Baby at the moment

Thanks for watching

Over and out

Andy
Old 25th October 2011
It's all hap'nin! Can't wait to see the flooring go down, especially the custom carpet! Hope you're well Andy, see you soon.
Old 25th October 2011
Lives for gear

Hi Tony

Yes mate thanks for asking :-)

You ok ???

Things are rolling forward in the background :-)

Talk soon mate

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
It's all hap'nin! Can't wait to see the flooring go down, especially the custom carpet! Hope you're well Andy, see you soon.
Old 26th October 2011
Lives for gear

We are picking up our live room ceiling panels tomorrow! I'll take some pics when we do!

We are gonna have to empty our live room over the weekend ready for flooring to start at some point next week.
Old 26th October 2011
Lives for gear

New flooring needs chasing mate

Greg

New flooring needs chasing mate ASAP

It has to acclimatise to the room ....

This is important......

Andy
Old 27th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Greg

New flooring needs chasing mate ASAP

It has to acclimatise to the room ....

This is important......

Andy
The flooring will be in either Friday or Monday, the floor fitter has phoned to say that he will leave it in the room for a full week and start the Monday after. This will give it a full 7 days to acclimatise to the room. He said that we are to have the bamboo that's going in the machine room to be left to acclimatise in there and not left in the live room.

Just for all of you who read this: Me and Andy post these conversations as we feel that they contain valuable information for those of you building or planning to build rooms. Like the trials and tribulations of striving to have a good solid floor!

Thanks,

G
Old 27th October 2011
Lives for gear

More trails and tribulations - BAD ONES

Well not a good day today at the painters :-(

We were told they were ready so we drove through rush hour traffic to get there only to find utter bollocks workmanship.....

The paint was like orange peel , the panels scratched and dented.....

WTF is wrong with these people.....

We left them and drove off....

Seriously well pissed off !!!!!!! :-( :-(

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
The flooring will be in either Friday or Monday, the floor fitter has phoned to say that he will leave it in the room for a full week and start the Monday after. This will give it a full 7 days to acclimatise to the room. He said that we are to have the bamboo that's going in the machine room to be left to acclimatise in there and not left in the live room.

Just for all of you who read this: Me and Andy post these conversations as we feel that they contain valuable information for those of you building or planning to build rooms. Like the trials and tribulations of striving to have a good solid floor!

Thanks,

G
Old 28th October 2011
Sometimes I get the feeling that if you DON'T check them 24/7 they screw you 24/7
Old 28th October 2011
Quote:
Well not a good day today at the painters :-(

We were told they were ready so we drove through rush hour traffic to get there only to find utter bollocks workmanship.....

The paint was like orange peel , the panels scratched and dented.....

WTF is wrong with these people.....

We left them and drove off....

Seriously well pissed off !!!!!!! :-( :-(

Andy
Unbelievable. Sickening. Sorry to hear.
T
Old 29th October 2011
Lives for gear

In other news, we have decided to mix things up a bit and make our live room a third bigger!

We are going to knock the old control room into the live room making it just shy of 600 sqft!

What do you all think?

The old reception which was dead space will become our dry booth.
Old 29th October 2011
There was a moment today when Mr Bassjam cocked his head slightly, a wry smile crept over his face and he said "D'ya know what we could do..."

Whenever that happens, it's worth taking a moment to listen!

To go into a little more detail: the old control room from the previous studio was originally down to become a dead booth for vocals, voiceover, amplifiers etc. However, given the size, it would be somewhat larger than required and it would have left a significant amount of unusable, wasted space down the side.

The new plan will now turn the originally unused space into a more compact dry booth with the same purpose in mind, while the old control room will be knocked through to become a substantial extension of the live room, effectively adding another third or so to the size. The booth will be given line-of-sight into the live room, while a camera feed will provide visual contact with the control room.

The extra space will allow us to accommodate perhaps another 10-15 people as well as give us somewhere to keep backline in a more accessible place. I've also been trying to convince the powers that be that the studio would benefit from a grand piano, so perhaps it could live in there too.... jus' saying...!

If we were to dampen the new extension down with more absorptive material it would also give us a wider sonic palette. Full steam ahead, I say!
Old 29th October 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
There was a moment today when Mr Bassjam cocked his head slightly, a wry smile crept over his face and he said "D'ya know what we could do..."

Whenever that happens, it's worth taking a moment to listen!

To go into a little more detail: the old control room from the previous studio was originally down to become a dead booth for vocals, voiceover, amplifiers etc. However, given the size, it would be somewhat larger than required and it would have left a significant amount of unusable, wasted space down the side.

The new plan will now turn the originally unused space into a more compact dry booth with the same purpose in mind, while the old control room will be knocked through to become a substantial extension of the live room, effectively adding another third or so to the size. The booth will be given line-of-sight into the live room, while a camera feed will provide visual contact with the control room.

The extra space will allow us to accommodate perhaps another 10-15 people as well as give us somewhere to keep backline in a more accessible place. I've also been trying to convince the powers that be that the studio would benefit from a grand piano, so perhaps it could live in there too.... jus' saying...!

If we were to dampen the new extension down with more absorptive material it would also give us a wider sonic palette. Full steam ahead, I say!
Go for it. If you don't find 10-15 people to fit in the extra space...put a cool looking sofa instead!
Old 29th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lab View Post
Go for it. If you don't find 10-15 people to fit in the extra space...put a cool looking sofa instead!
I already know of ten members of the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic orchestra who will fit nicely in the space!
Old 29th October 2011
Lives for gear

We are costing it up

We are costing this up .

It is looking like this will happen.

Ideally we don't want to extend the opening time and increase the build budget but I think to increase the live room to actually over 600qft has to be considered a very serious option- we'd still end up with a very useable booth and dead space.

Will keep you posted !!!!!

Have a good weekend :-)

Andy
Old 30th October 2011
Gear Nut

I love checking on this forum because of the cool threads as is this one.
Old 30th October 2011
Lives for gear

cheers mate

hey cheers mate

Andy
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

I love this carpet idea! Analogue Kid isn't sold on it though, what do you all think?

Old 1st November 2011
Carpets wear out really fast in public places.
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
This is the highest quality carpet as found in the savoy hotel and many palaces around the world. I'm confident that we will get a good many years out of it!
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

Live room flooring, take two!

Now this stuff is seriously amazing!

Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

Finest carpet in the world

Axminster is the finest carpet in the world
It is found in stately homes, palaces, and world famous hotels the world over

I like it- but not sure on the green roll of tape?

I'm going to order a sample and have a look

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

I agree

Serious mate

Very serious

Andy

Quote:
Live room flooring, take two!

Now this stuff is seriously amazing!

Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Axminster is the finest carpet in the world
It is found in stately homes, palaces, and world famous hotels the world over

I like it- but not sure on the green roll of tape?

I'm going to order a sample and have a look

Andy
Maybe orange baby with red tape?
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

Very tiring day today. Greg and I picked up the new flooring. What the pictures don't show is the 30-odd boxes it came in that we had to unload and then repack with the old flooring! This wood is much more solid (and about twice as heavy) as the old stuff. It took many hours of lifting, unpacking, packing, taping and lifting. One of those jobs you can't really plan for unfortunately but very necessary.

It was all totally worth it to see the finish on the new floor. The pictures don't quite do it justice. Ok it's not necessarily something that most people think about when booking a studio, but hopefully it will help to make the live room a more inspiring and vibey place for musicians to be. With the lime and purple colour scheme it's pretty loud (in a good way!), but the new lighting that Richard installed on Sunday will mean we can dim the lights to give the room a more subdued feel when the occasion calls for it.

In other news the diffuser slats have been finished and are ready to go up. Should be a fun job. Good times at Analogue Baby
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was thinking the same
Old 2nd November 2011
Quote:
Thirded! Definitely prefer the red reel to the green.

The new tiger stripe bamboo looks fantastic - really distinctive. Sounds like you guys had a hell of a day!
Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thirded! Definitely prefer the red reel to the green.

The new tiger stripe bamboo looks fantastic - really distinctive. Sounds like you guys had a hell of a day!
Hell of a day for sure. We were saying earlier that we should take an impulse response when it's finished. "Bamboo Baby"?heh
Old 2nd November 2011
Lives for gear

Is this better?

Old 2nd November 2011
Yeah, I think I prefer that. What do you guys think?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search