The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

You can really tell what i mean with this.............

Before Graham pic...........

After Graham gets his hands on the frame pic.................

Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

The slot in the middle will be behind our glass panels, I will fit LED strip in this slot to illuminate the glass. The glass panels will hide the joint in the walnut slats................

Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

Speaking of slats.....

Here they are! All expertly trimmed to length............

Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

Some close-ups of the walnut......

Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

Unfortunatally after trimming the slats, getting rid of knots and split ends, we were left with this....................

Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

Fortunatally, or maybe unfortunatally (for Analogue Kid). Joiner Graham came up with an amazing idea!!!!!

Imagine if he cut circles out of the waste walnut off-cuts, and inlayed them into the circles in the oak architrave!!!!!!!

What do you think, Analogue Kid???????
Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

Get it sorted

Get it sorted mate

We need to find use for that ridiculously expensive walnut !!!!!!!!!

We can't waste this timber

Good work again today fellas

It's really getting there :-)

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Fortunatally, or maybe unfortunatally (for Analogue Kid). Joiner Graham came up with an amazing idea!!!!!

Imagine if he cut circles out of the waste walnut off-cuts, and inlayed them into the circles in the oak architrave!!!!!!!

What do you think, Analogue Kid???????
Old 15th October 2011
I really have no clue what the room is gonna become. But it sure is exciting...
Great colours and marvellous wood. I'll stay tuned.
Old 15th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
I really have no clue what the room is gonna become. But it sure is exciting...
Great colours and marvellous wood. I'll stay tuned.
Well the room with the sloping ceiling is the control room and the green and purple room with the raised ceiling bit is the live room!

Thanks for the good vibes!!! :-)
Old 18th October 2011
Lives for gear

No its not a new crazy lighting feature, we got our reception ceiling plastered!

Old 18th October 2011
Lives for gear

Louie puts the final touches to the machine room floor.............

Old 18th October 2011
Lives for gear

Our diffuser slats get sealed and polished..........

Old 18th October 2011
Lives for gear

The finish on these slats is amazing! These have the laquer cote on which is the next step................

Old 18th October 2011
Lives for gear

Our glass panels arrive!

Old 18th October 2011
Lives for gear

As do some design idea for some reception wall glass art!

Which do you like better?

This?

Old 18th October 2011
Lives for gear

Or this?

Old 18th October 2011
Here for the gear

I think either triptych is good, but I believe each could benefit by expanding the color

palette. Regardless, I think they are both very nice. Why not get both?
Old 19th October 2011
Design 1 wins for me! Can't wait to see all the new developments in the morning - feels like things are really starting to speed up now.
Old 19th October 2011
Gear Addict

Design 1 for me.heh
Old 19th October 2011
Number one for me, fits in better with the whole jazzy colour scheme
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Yes me to

Number one for me as well

Jenny has done a third design so just waiting for that

As always good to get another's opinion

Cheers

Andy
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Walnut looks mega

Walnut looks mega to me!!!!

Andy

Quote:
The finish on these slats is amazing! These have the laquer cote on which is the next step................

Old 19th October 2011
Gear Nut

number 1
Old 19th October 2011
l'd actually say nr 2 because of what i've learned from designing album booklets and stuff. Nr 1 is great and i actually like that one more, but the baby appears in so many other places that it gets kinda repetative, that's why i'd go for nr 2 instead.

Been following this thread since the start, GREAT build and i wish you all the luck in the world!
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreacherX View Post
l'd actually say nr 2 because of what i've learned from designing album booklets and stuff. Nr 1 is great and i actually like that one more, but the baby appears in so many other places that it gets kinda repetative, that's why i'd go for nr 2 instead.

Been following this thread since the start, GREAT build and i wish you all the luck in the world!

Be interesting to see what design 3 is like!

Over using the logo?? Oh dear! Guess the custom Axminster carpet for reception and the chillout will have to be re-thought???

Old 19th October 2011
Quote:
Be interesting to see what design 3 is like!

Over using the logo?? Oh dear! Guess the custom Axminster carpet for reception and the chillout will have to be re-thought???

I can ofcourse only speak from my own preferences and experience as i dont see the whole picture yet. I know that you guys will do a great job and one of the reasons i follow this build so intensly is because in my view you guys are doing crazy things with the color scheme and everything (crazy in a good way, fearless and bold). So while i watch other builds in admiration, your build is more of a mix of admiration and suspense. Like watching a good mystery movie, waiting for the answer to slowly unfold

You guys think in a different way than me, which makes me think in a different way than me, which makes me evolve just by watching this build. So i hope you guys take this as a huge compliment, because it is!
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

great post

Great post and thanks for your time

Yes I understand where your coming from

It's good to hear other people's opinions, other perspectives ......

It's all good mate :-)

Best to you

Andy

Quote:
I can ofcourse only speak from my own preferences and experience as i dont see the whole picture yet. I know that you guys will do a great job and one of the reasons i follow this build so intensly is because in my view you guys are doing crazy things with the color scheme and everything (crazy in a good way, fearless and bold). So while i watch other builds in admiration, your build is more of a mix of admiration and suspense. Like watching a good mystery movie, waiting for the answer to slowly unfold

You guys think in a different way than me, which makes me think in a different way than me, which makes me evolve just by watching this build. So i hope you guys take this as a huge compliment, because it is!
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thank you very much!

Roger D'Arcy said to us at the start that his best studios have had bold colour schemes. Me and Andy both like bold colours so hearing that from Roger was music to our ears!

Just over a year ago, when we were up on the fourth floor at AMS-Neve, Mark Crabtree said to us that a studio is either definitive or it is not! We feel that these design touches help to make us a definitive studio!

Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Here is design 3 which is individually mounted pieces, designes 1 and 2 are bonded to a glass backing sheet.

I quite like this one!

Old 19th October 2011
Gear Nut

Wouldn't the reception wall be the first wall a client would see?
Might be an idea to use the "analogue baby" design because of that.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search