The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
For the live-room perforated panels I am thinking of either:

Green to purple flip...

I have a hollow body strat an American guy made me it is sprayed with the exact same colour it looks stunning- purples greens yellows- all depending on the reflected light-

The silver also looks stunning as well mate

Tough call

Maybe silver now ?????

Hey colonel what do you think ?

Andy
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
I have a hollow body strat an American guy made me it is sprayed with the exact same colour it looks stunning- purples greens yellows- all depending on the reflected light-

Tough call

Maybe silver now ?????

Andy
The silver has prism flakes in it which reflect all colours of the rainbow depending on the angle!

Tough call!
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear

I think the silver will look amazing!
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

Tough call

Maybe silver now ?????

Andy
Oh yes I forgot-

For the best drum sound and heavy guitar tones get yourself to Analogue Baby- our place will obliterate anything on offer in the UK and beyond- don't believe me? When we open come over to the opening night with Pete "pee wee" Coleman at the helm -after which you'll book time -

I await the disbelievers to hammer me into the ground :-) :-)

Later's

Andy
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think the silver will look amazing!
Yes I think it's silver now myself

The purple maybe a little gimmicky - plus the silver will reflect the light better and help the room feel bigger than it is-

Andy
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes I think it's silver now myself

The purple maybe a little gimmicky - plus the silver will reflect the light better and help the room feel bigger than it is-

Andy
Which will reflect the fact that all RA live rooms sound bigger than they are. I know that Roger has only breathed on our live room as it was already there but I'm sure the improvements that have been made will sound epic! I can't wait to get a drummer in there! Shall we ask simon philips?

Maybe Simon and your (Andy's) mate Steve could come lay a few tracks down during the burn in! I won't play bass though, don't wanna show the session dudes up that they usually play with! Better get Chris Childs in!

:-)
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Which will reflect the fact that all RA live rooms sound bigger than they are. I know that Roger has only breathed on our live room as it was already there but I'm sure the improvements that have been made will sound epic! I can't wait to get a drummer in there! Shall we ask simon philips?

Maybe Simon and your (Andy's) mate Steve could come lay a few tracks down during the burn in! I won't play bass though, don't wanna show the session dudes up that they usually play with! Better get Chris Childs in!

:-)
I can get hold of Luke - if he's touring Europe (UK) I'll see if he's got a day free- if he has I'll fly him in- Simons not in his band- but whoever it is he'd bring along- now that would be epic :-) :-)

Bring it on boys !!!!!!

Andy
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can get hold of Luke - if he's touring Europe (UK) I'll see if he's got a day free- if he has I'll fly him in- Simons not in his band- but whoever it is he'd bring along- now that would be epic :-) :-)

Bring it on boys !!!!!!

Andy
The first audio played through our 88 will be "a thousand years" from TOTO- The Seventh One

The solo is totally sublime - utterly fabulous, vibey , sound,- mind-blowing feel-

That's Luke for you mate

Andy
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear

Every Tear-drop's A Waterfall

Greg

Class new Coldplay tune mate get it checked out on YouTube

They have been amazing since Eno got involved !!!

Andy
Old 26th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hows it going mate ?

How's the weather in France right now :-)
Goin' nice ! I'm on holiday for some weeks ! Just great, but the weather is… err… so bad, that I'm commited to stay in my little studio to record some new songs of mine… and… I love that !!!

Cheers, boys, keep straight on your so nice work !!!
Old 31st July 2011
Lives for gear

We finally complete the 1st fix electrical work and were able to put the chillout floorboards back.........

Old 31st July 2011
Lives for gear

Break glasses mounted.........

Old 31st July 2011
Lives for gear

Smoke detectors..................

And emergency lighting feeds.............

Old 31st July 2011
Lives for gear

Also we have to change how the machine room floor is joisted in order to make it stronger................................

Old 1st August 2011
Lives for gear

The most detailed thread and construction
Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Ok, I have some diagrams for you all before some photos. I have done this to explain what we have been doing today.

On looking at our plans and reading RA - The Book, I have been unable to rest due to not being happy with the window liners between the control room and the studio.

The diagram below shows how the window was. The 9 inch concrete blockwork was not absolutely true and had 10mm of toe in towards the studio. This ment that in order to fix the window liners the gaps had to be packed with compressed rockwool and silicon mastic.

Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Allthough this was acceptable in the plan, I wasnt happy.

The specification requires the glass to have a solid support within its depth.

I had master joiner, Graham, manufacture new absolutely true and plumb window liners that were tempereraly stpapped together as a "twin liner tunnel"

The Studio side stud has also been beefed up to be allmost as thick as the 9 inch blockwork. This has been done with timber, plasterboard and polymeric barrier matting.

Graham then scribed some 3"x1" redwood shuttering, all of the way around the new liners on both studio and control room sides.

The next step will be to slip the window liners out of the walls, put a straight edge accross and shutter the insides of the concrete block and stud.

Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

The voids created by the shuttering will then be filled with dense bonding plaster. Once dry, this will create a perfect appature for the liners to be slid back into and fixed. Silicon mastic will be applied to the outside of the liners to make them absolutely air tight.

This means that there is no way of sound getting to the insides of the liners and between the glass pains.

Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

This shows how the 2 independent liners and windows will sit within each wall with no bridging between rooms.

Old 3rd August 2011
Gear Addict

Tidy.
Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

And here are the pics of the new liners, strapped together and fixed in place absolutely square, plumb and true. On the pics there are 2 pieces of the scribed shuttering in place......

Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Graham also adjusted some of the foam studding so that there is no way a cable drop can touch the membrane absorber-bass trap behind.........

Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Once the 20" kebab knife arrives, (have you ardered it yet Andy???), we will cut a slot into the edge of the fire-proof foam so that the shielded cable runs down within it........

Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

The tape room fllor boards are all back down, the floor is now strong enough to park a tank! and flat enough to play pool on!!!!!!

Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundvandal View Post
Tidy.

Thanks mate, its getting there slowly but we are just making sure that its completely right!
Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Ordered

If the studio fails I can set up a kebab shop with the knife :-)

Ordered

Andy

Quote:
Once the 20" kebab knife arrives, (have you ardered it yet Andy???), we will cut a slot into the edge of the fire-proof foam so that the shielded cable runs down within it........

Old 3rd August 2011
No cable ducts in the floor for extra lines if ever nessesary?
Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

And the reason is Greg..?

And the reason is Greg ??

Over to you

Andy

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
No cable ducts in the floor for extra lines if ever nessesary?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search