The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
How near is that statue from the studio? And will there be a hotel accomodation available?
The statue is not far away, about 10 mins drive. I will be taking photos of other strange and beautiful things in the local area.

There are 3 hotels within 6 miles of the studio and we are only 20 mins from Liverpool city centre.

Greg
Old 28th June 2011
I was once in London. In the Air Studios. In the neighbourhood I grabbed some food. English food is great (based on that one meal that is).

I should save up and record a song at your place.... Sounds like a good thing to do.
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
I was once in London. In the Air Studios. In the neighbourhood I grabbed some food. English food is great (based on that one meal that is).

I should save up and record a song at your place.... Sounds like a good thing to do.

That would be amazing! I really hope you do!

England is very diverse from region to region and Im sure you would love the North West!

Greg
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
That would be amazing! I really hope you do!

England is very diverse from region to region and Im sure you would love the North West!

Greg
Indeed it is.. out of curiosity and taking things in a different direction for a sec... WTF is a 'scouse' pie? I was most intrigued when a few yrs back i went to a footy match up there and they were selling these. Please correct me if its nothing more than stolen goods smashed up with some gravy in a pie case?heh

PS great thread and pics.. when is the 88R coming?

Cheers
Wiggy
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
Indeed it is.. out of curiosity and taking things in a different direction for a sec... WTF is a 'scouse' pie? I was most intrigued when a few yrs back i went to a footy match up there and they were selling these. Please correct me if its nothing more than stolen goods smashed up with some gravy in a pie case?heh

PS great thread and pics.. when is the 88R coming?

Cheers
Wiggy
Scouse is a delicious stew, a scouse pie is the stew encased in pastry which makes it easy to eat without a knife and fork in a football grounds.

Scouse (food) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 88 should have recovered from its surgery in about 2 weeks, it will then stay at the factory in a lovely cosy room until we are ready for it, every day an AMS-Neve employee gives it a love for me.

We hope to be comissioning it towards the end of august, I will be doing a time lapse of the comissioning.

Greg
Old 28th June 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
The 88 should have recovered from its surgery in about 2 weeks, it will then stay at the factory in a lovely cosy room until we are ready for it, every day an AMS-Neve employee gives it a love for me.

We hope to be comissioning it towards the end of august, I will be doing a time lapse of the comissioning.

Greg

Happy days!
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Happy days indeed

Andy
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Hey chubbfinger we have had a few hits today :-)

You should be out if your deep depression by now :-)

Andy
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Hey chubbfinger we have had a few hits today :-)

You should be out if your deep depression by now :-)

Andy
No, but the innertube audio microbrew conversion for that Gefell you just bought may help a little!

:-D
Old 30th June 2011
Lives for gear

Richard started panel wiring the lighting circuits in today, very boaring!

Old 30th June 2011
Lives for gear

In more exciting news, Andy Popplewell came and continued with the Studer restoration!

Old 30th June 2011
Lives for gear

Re-capped Head amp cards.......

Old 30th June 2011
Lives for gear

Re-capped motherboards........

Old 30th June 2011
Lives for gear

Lining up channels 1-8

Old 30th June 2011
Lives for gear

Re-capp the meter bridge..........

Old 30th June 2011
Lives for gear

Power-up 9-16.......

Old 30th June 2011
Lives for gear

Old 4th July 2011
Lives for gear

Ok, so sometimes you take one step forward then two steps back.

Unfortunatally the guy who did a lot of the wiring before I got my mate down neglected to inform me that any cable joint or junction has to be accesable for test and inspection. Obviously we didnt want inspection hatches all over the place in the reception, machine room and chillout room.

When Ric was doing some testing before getting some of the lighting circuits in he fault on a lighting circuit. It fast became apparent that we couldnt sort it out without ripping the chillout floor up.

To be fare, the boss of the previous firm came today and helped to find the fault.

Ric has drawn up an new plan for that part of the building and has specified Hager Kilk boxes that can be installed in accesable areas with each light then flexed from the Klik box.

Ric is now re-wiring these areas.

Word of advise to all, make sure that tradesmen really know what they are doing, make them show you the regulations that allow them to do what they are doing and its a good idea to have a read of the wiring regs yourself!

G
Old 4th July 2011
Lives for gear

Klik box to be housed in accesable crawl space........

Old 4th July 2011
Lives for gear

CBus PIR sesor, this will add some nice features to the lighting. As long as my programming works!!!!!

Old 4th July 2011
Lives for gear

Floor comes up

Old 4th July 2011
Lives for gear

Ric does some flexing! All strictly to regs!

Old 4th July 2011
Lives for gear

By the end of the day, two zones out of five have been re-flexed and labled, next comes terminating the flex into a Klik plug and feeding the Klik box with power.

Old 5th July 2011
Nice...... Really nice. I've done loads of jobs like this with my father. In Holland it is required to house the lines inside a plastic tube.

Wich looks like this;

You can imagine in holland setting up an electrical system is more expensive and elaborate then in your place. With same results....

But.... when you draw more the 3200 watts per group your wires can melt and cause a short out. Wich is, due to the three seperate lines per group in a tube... is less likely to happen...

But I know what a work it has been in my house. Your's look way way easier.

Anyhow. The recapping of that Studer looks stunning and your place looks fab. I'll start saving up and within two years I hope to visit... I've been recording myself for the last 3 years. But in the end, it is so much faster and better when someone else does it and all you do is play and sing.
Old 9th July 2011
Lives for gear

2 mins walk away from Analogue Baby is "MG's Kitchen" where for £3 you can get this! (my lunch)

Old 9th July 2011
Lives for gear

Or alternatively for £5 you can get what Richard had!

Old 9th July 2011
Lives for gear

Today I decided that I didnt like the colour of the CAT5 cable that had been run for the lighting control...........

.........So we changed it for lovely PINK cable!

(it is actually 230v rated special CAT5 that has to be used if wiring it into an enclosure that has mains vontage present)

Old 9th July 2011
Lives for gear

Richard carried on re-wiring the lighting circuits.........

Old 9th July 2011
Lives for gear

Meanwhile, I fitted a "Clean Earth" kit to our "Clean" distribution board...........

The earth bar sits on insulating legs away from the chassis of the board.

Old 9th July 2011
Lives for gear

Note the special "Clean Earth" sticker that I suck on...............

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search