The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

First 4 feet gone in, another 4 to go!

Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

Dig a hole and drive the rod so that about 30mm is protruding, then clamp the earth cable to the rod using a brass clamp..........

Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

Dig a trench for the cable...........

Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

All the way to the primary spike, you can see the flat tape on this one that runs to spike 2..................

Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

Dig a big enough hole so that the inspection cover sits nice and flush...........

Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

Mix some concrete to fix the inspection cover in place..........

Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

Clamp all the cables to the one point................

Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

Job done!

Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Job done!

The cable you can see above is the cable that was put in by someone else, at 25mm it wasnt big enough, it has now been stripped back and will be used to Technical earth bond our racks........
Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

Also, I forgot to mention........

You should put the spikes twice their depth apart from eachother, and wired in parallel so in our case all spikes are 8ft long, spike 2 is 16ft from spike 1 and spike 3 is 32ft from spike 1 ect......
Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

Its harder than it looks! Plus it would help if I held the rod still but I had to film and take pics! heh

Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Its harder than it looks! Plus it would help if I held the rod still but I had to film and take pics! heh

And it was a HOT HOT day in Costa Del Runcorn!!!

Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

Get him a beer

Get that man a Beer :-)

Rich's a good lad :-)

I'll let you know when my RS is for sale....

You get first shout mate !!!!

Excellent !!!!

Andy

Quote:
And it was a HOT HOT day in Costa Del Runcorn!!!

Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

I thought I'd also show everyone some of the strange and beautiful things local to our part of the country, I'll start with "Dream"

Old 27th June 2011
Lives for gear

Today I fitted some of the BAF40 into one of the studs that have been put up to house it.

Old 27th June 2011
Lives for gear

I spend a lot of time taking photos and writing stuff on here and hardly anyone ever comments :-(

Quite upsetting really :-(
Old 27th June 2011
I'll comment... nice foam but I think you need some pics of the Liverpool architecture, is 'Dream' all you could find in Runcorn? heh I've got plenty of Liverpool City Centre pics if you wanna show off the general area
Old 27th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlen View Post
I'll comment... nice foam but I think you need some pics of the Liverpool architecture, is 'Dream' all you could find in Runcorn? heh I've got plenty of Liverpool City Centre pics if you wanna show off the general area
When I go to a place I'll take photos then post them! I've not been anywhere else yet! Give me a bloody chance!!
Old 27th June 2011
Lives for gear

I'll comment too...What's the Mr Sheen for?

Where do you get this BAF40, nothing comes up on google and the search function is down. Cheers!

Oh, and nice build!!! heh
Old 27th June 2011
Lives for gear

Hi
You could have pics of the Runcorn bridge, the Ship canal (and locks) some fantastic refineries and lots of old magnificent engineering. The studio is of course looking good but most are 'Gear' slutz not 'woodwork and nice tiles' slutz.
Personally I am in awe of your commitment to the expense of your project and the thoroughness you are showing in it's execution in what must be 'uncertain times' as well as helping others by showcasing your 'learning curve' with an almost 'how to' video of studio construction.
Keep up the good work and hope (or carefully scheduled plan) your imminent 'opening' when you can get some recording done.
Matt S
Old 27th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikmaschine View Post
I'll comment too...What's the Mr Sheen for?

Where do you get this BAF40, nothing comes up on google and the search function is down. Cheers!

Oh, and nice build!!! heh
The Mr Sheen was to polish the bass traps before I put the foam in! Andy asked me to do it so I did, he would be able to tell If I'd said I'd done it but hadn't!

The BAF40 is from a load of sofa's that we had to cut up just for the foam!

Only joking, it's made by primafoam in the UK
Old 27th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Syson View Post
Hi
You could have pics of the Runcorn bridge, the Ship canal (and locks) some fantastic refineries and lots of old magnificent engineering. The studio is of course looking good but most are 'Gear' slutz not 'woodwork and nice tiles' slutz.
Personally I am in awe of your commitment to the expense of your project and the thoroughness you are showing in it's execution in what must be 'uncertain times' as well as helping others by showcasing your 'learning curve' with an almost 'how to' video of studio construction.
Keep up the good work and hope (or carefully scheduled plan) your imminent 'opening' when you can get some recording done.
Matt S
Thanks very much! It may be uncertain for band work but there is definitely room for an affordable top end score mixing room.

Yes, Runcorn Bridge and pics of ICI chemical works will follow soon, as will some of Halton Castle........
Old 27th June 2011
Lives for gear

Hey don't worry

Hey man

Maybe we just post the final picture when it's done

There's a plan

Andy

Quote:
I spend a lot of time taking photos and writing stuff on here and hardly anyone ever comments :-(

Quite upsetting really :-(
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Mr Sheen was to polish the bass traps before I put the foam in! Andy asked me to do it so I did, he would be able to tell If I'd said I'd done it but hadn't!

The BAF40 is from a load of sofa's that we had to cut up just for the foam!

Only joking, it's made by primafoam in the UK
Gotta get those bass traps shiny!

Do you have to get the foam on order? This is the site that comes on google Prima Foam : Home but i can't find those blocks...
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

foam in between the walls? never seen that before...
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
foam in between the walls? never seen that before...
It's not between the walls, the walls are solid concrete blocks lay on there sides then floated out and skimmed. Then there are membrane absorption bass traps attached to the walls, then there is a stud that allows foam to sit in front of the bass traps without touching them. When all the foam is in place, there will be large panels of special cloth stretched over wooden frames put up to hide the foam. Then in some parts there will be wooden diffusion panels hanging below the cloth frames........

Greg
Old 28th June 2011
I was really interested in the refurbishing of that 24 track studer.... Are there any of those studers left at AIR?
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikmaschine View Post
Gotta get those bass traps shiny!

Do you have to get the foam on order? This is the site that comes on google Prima Foam : Home but i can't find those blocks...
Yes it's a special order, if you call them and ask for BAF40 100mm thickness then I'm sure they will sort it for you......

Greg
Old 28th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziekschuur View Post
I was really interested in the refurbishing of that 24 track studer.... Are there any of those studers left at AIR?
Andy Popplewell will be back this week so I'll have some more pics and maybe a vid or two of the Studer refurb going up on here.

I believe AIR have 2 more A800's and 3 or 4 A827's they also have some lovely ATR 2 track machines.

Greg
Old 28th June 2011
How near is that statue from the studio? And will there be a hotel accomodation available?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search