The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 24th May 2011
Lives for gear

Old 24th May 2011
Lives for gear

Old 26th May 2011
Lives for gear

Big day Friday

Hi

Been busy behind the scenes at our place, plastering and lots of boring stuff...

Tomorrow is better

Chubbfingers and Alan are going down to AIR in London to pickup our 2 Studer A800 mk3's.....

One of these will hang on the back of CLASP for immense drum/guitar/ bass tones ...... Chubbfingers reckons he's going to get a little video going for us all.... I just hope my machines and 7.5tonner get back in one piece.... :-)

These machines have been graciously maintained and offered to us by Tim Vinlott technical director at AIR who we have known now for a few years, we have become good friends..... These machines have history and vibe..... A couple of POLICE records have been tracked with these machines and a few others.......

All it needs now is "chubbfingers" Burnell to turn the wagon over on the way back and there goes a few grand......

Seriously I hope he makes it back which I am sure he will.....

I wish him luck....

Laters

Andy
Old 27th May 2011
Nice! I'm v jealous. I've got my eye out for an A800 Mk III. Let me know if you decide you don't need one of them!
Old 28th May 2011
Lives for gear

Old 28th May 2011
I'll admit I got a bit excited when I saw the big lorry

Tape machines are also good...
Old 28th May 2011
Lives for gear

Tape machines are better than Artics

We were going to strap them onto the 5th wheel but Chubbfingers thought the 5th wheel grease would have destroyed the heads a little , although for low fi mixes would have been good...... hehehehehe

Wagons are ok but I'm bored with all that crap now , they just pay the bills and have bought my 88rs ........ Can't be that bad then I suppose ??????

Later mate

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlen View Post

Old 28th May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Wagons are ok but I'm bored with all that crap now , they just pay the bills and have bought my 88rs ........ Can't be that bad then I suppose ??????
Merh, I just like big vehicles. Estate cars, monster trucks, lorries...

Nice logo by the way, one of the very few times the whole 'make a word look like an object' thing doesn't look truly awful! As a very critical graphic guy, I really do like it!
Old 28th May 2011
Lives for gear

hey cheers

Hey cheers

Yes a long time school mate of mine did that for me, he's a great graphic artist.......

Well ....... Onwards and upwards .....

Bet your looking forward to using CLASP tracking to 2 inch 16 track .
?????

Nice. ....

Andy

Quote:

Quote:
Merh, I just like big vehicles. Estate cars, monster trucks, lorries...

Nice logo by the way, one of the very few times the whole 'make a word look like an object' thing doesn't look truly awful! As a very critical graphic guy, I really do like it!
Old 28th May 2011
Quote:
Bet your looking forward to using CLASP tracking to 2 inch 16 track .
?????
Oooh yes
Old 30th May 2011
Gear Head

Wow, I read all 27 pages. I like your work so far.
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

Well, no sooner than I get the A800's into the building, they get stripped down by Andy Popplewell and taken back out in small boxes!

Well I suppose a complete re-cap and overhaul will be worth it!

G
Old 5th June 2011
Any updates fellas?
Old 5th June 2011
Lives for gear

Update

Hi mate

Ok update is as follows

Plastering 90%!finished, sparky been in this weekend, we have a shopping list for him for next weekend, distro boards getting fitted then in tape room....

We have been held up by a couple of the granite tiles being rejected by our tiler, these are getting done Tuesday ..... Aout time as well......

Tape machines getting re capped and overhauled as I write..

2 weeks from now will see big changes.... We have our finishing joiner Graham Broady with us for the next 3 months...... Fabric for the frames has arrived and looks fabulous ( will get Chubbfingers to take a few shots this week of that)and he will be manufacturing the frames diffusers racks laying the live
room floor and the reception areas........

It's been slow the last few weeks..... I must add at the same time this new studio has been started I have had a 140sq metre extention build onto the main part of the house--- it's been stressful and very time consuming...if any of you on here have experienced bollocks builders pissing you about with false promises then you now what I mean....:-(

Anyway the lights at the end of the tunnel..... We should be open I reckon middle"to end of August.... 3 months .....

Can't come soon enough.....

Talk soon

Andy

Quote:
Any updates fellas?
Old 5th June 2011
Quote:
I must add at the same time this new studio has been started I have had a 140sq metre extention build onto the main part of the house--- it's been stressful and very time consuming...if any of you on here have experienced bollocks builders pissing you about with false promises then you now what I mean....:-(

Anyway the lights at the end of the tunnel..... We should be open I reckon middle"to end of August.... 3 months .....

Can't come soon enough.....

Talk soon

Andy
Man I feel for ya on the builders front. Am not sure there is sucha thing as a good one at this point (though I live in hope!) We had one in doing an 80m extension to my house. One of the most painful things I ever did. I ended up firing him when I caught him bodging stuff.

Keep heading for the light - you'll get there before you know it!
Old 7th June 2011
Lives for gear

All plastering finally finished today!

Control room tiles finished tomorrow!

Clean and dirty distribution boards getting fitted at the weekend!

Me and Andy went and chose the racks for the machine room today.

It's all going on!

I'll take some pics at the weekend when we are doing some wiring....

G
Old 11th June 2011
Lives for gear

Some of our perf panels:

Old 11th June 2011
Lives for gear

Floor is now finished! It only took 5 weeks!

Old 11th June 2011
Lives for gear

If your installing a clean (TT) earth but wire everywhere in SY and connect the shielding to the TN-C-S to sink any RF to the dirty earth.......

.......... Be prepared to do LOTS of glanding!

Old 18th June 2011
Lives for gear

Hey everyone, things will start moving very fast again real soon. We have been waiting for our finishing joiner and decorator to become availale.

In the mean time an old Navy friend of mine, Richard, who is a top electrician, has been getting my electrical system design installed!

When you are making an omlette, you have to break some eggs! And on that note, all of the old trunking, wiring, distribution boards and lighting system went into the skip!
Old 18th June 2011
Lives for gear

Nice new Merlin Gerin 3 phase (dirty board) goes in and is flange coupled into some nice new galvanised trunking.

Old 18th June 2011
Lives for gear

New tails feed a 3 phase isolator, this isolator feeds our open delta 3ph to 1ph isolating transformer which in turn feeds the clean distribution board in the machine room.

Old 18th June 2011
Lives for gear

Our TVSS (Transiant Voltage Surge Supressor with RF filtering) is fitted as close to the primary incoming isolator as possible.

Old 18th June 2011
Lives for gear

The TVSS has a really great feature where it has a Normally Closed and Normally Open circuit output if all is fine with the device. If it recieves a massive surge like from a lightning strike the unit will sacrafise itself in order to save the instillation that its protecting.

When Richard fits the Clipsol C-Bus system, which will control all of the lighting from iPads and iPod touch, I will attach the status outputs from the TVSS to a C-Bus Bus Coupler. I will program the C-Bus to send an allert if the TVSS shows a fault and let anyone in the building know by altering the lighting scene.

Old 18th June 2011
Lives for gear

Chubbfingers wiring

Chubbfingers is a smart arse :-)

Let's hope all this crap works as it should.....

It's costing a small fortune :-(

over and out

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
The TVSS has a really great feature where it has a Normally Closed and Normally Open circuit output if all is fine with the device. If it recieves a massive surge like from a lightning strike the unit will sacrafise itself in order to save the instillation that its protecting.

When Richard fits the Clipsol C-Bus system, which will control all of the lighting from iPads and iPod touch, I will attach the status outputs from the TVSS to a C-Bus Bus Coupler. I will program the C-Bus to send an allert if the TVSS shows a fault and let anyone in the building know by altering the lighting scene.

Old 18th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Chubbfingers is a smart arse :-)

Let's hope all this crap works as it should.....

It's costing a small fortune :-(

over and out

Andy
It would only fail to work if the Emmerson box was blue! It's gray so all should be fine!

G
Old 19th June 2011
Lives for gear

I agree

yes if the box was blue and it had a blue light on it and it was masquerading as a midi switcher..

Which of course it isn't

So all should be OK then ????

;-)

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
It would only fail to work if the Emmerson box was blue! It's gray so all should be fine!

G
Old 19th June 2011
Gear Maniac

i realy like your way to choose materials and colors for your studio.
I think the optical design is soooo important to get the customer a good feeling.
I also spend a lot of time and money just to make my studio look special, modern, and relaxed.
I also have a granit floor, but mine is only granite looking lamintae floor (budget reasons).
So i am waiting for the final pics, of your rooms. I bet the will lokking killer
cheers
Mika
Old 19th June 2011
Lives for gear

Richard shows the new 50mm clean earth cable THE CLAMPS!

Reminds me of this!

Old 19th June 2011
Lives for gear

The other side of that earth cable gets routed to the 0V output leg of the transformer. The earth cable then goes to our clean earthing bar which is the star point for the technical earth.

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search