The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 11th May 2011
Lives for gear

Old 11th May 2011
Lives for gear

Old 11th May 2011
Lives for gear

Some close-ups of the tiles.......

Old 11th May 2011
Lives for gear

Old 11th May 2011
Lives for gear

Granite for the lads

Granite tiles definitely for the lads hehehehehehehehe

Also for girls as well hehehehehehe

That guy seriously knows how to lay tiles......

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidasHatesGold View Post
does it work???
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Old 11th May 2011
Looking VERY nice!
Old 12th May 2011
Lives for gear

I would love to see the tv show 'grand designs' do a feature on a studio build like this..
Old 12th May 2011
Those tiles are something else! By Jove, I do believe it's rather starting to resemble a recording studio!

Quote:
I would love to see the tv show 'grand designs' do a feature on a studio build like this..
As would I, complete with the obligatory squabbly couple. In this case, Andy & Greg...
Old 12th May 2011
Lives for gear

Ta mate

Ta mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlen View Post
Looking VERY nice!
Old 12th May 2011
Lives for gear

Ta mate

Cheers mate

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlen View Post
Looking VERY nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyRochester View Post
Old 12th May 2011
Lives for gear

Cheers toe

Hey cheers la

It's getting there.

All the low voltage lights arrived in today, I'm also importing our power and frequency convertor from the USA this will enable us to run all our USA gear at true 120v 60hz,it's a seriously heavy piece of kit weighing in at 178kgs this will reside in the tape room.....more plastering at the weekend, the reception and stair areas are getting done....so really not that much exciting going on for a week....... Lots of work going on in the back ground..... We should be getting the bespoke wall plates from the USA within the next 2 weeks.... Thanks to Mike at Manifold for the contact and help on that one..... Our wall fabric will arrive back from colour matching middle of next week.......and Greg will be picking up the acoustic MDF panels that we had done in Liverpool either today or Friday........

Lots going on........ Also ATC finished off making our power amp racks for the 300's today heheheheheh can't wait to get those in !!!!!

All in all things are coming on very nicely

Thanks for checking in you guys, all the comments made are helping us spur us on....... We really think we are building something special here for the North, it's going to be one of the best mix rooms far and wide when it's done.....can't wait for the 88RS to arrive.......hehehehehe

Ta ta

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Those tiles are something else! By Jove, I do believe it's rather starting to resemble a recording studio!

As would I, complete with the obligatory squabbly couple. In this case, Andy & Greg...
Old 12th May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyRochester View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
heh definitely!
Old 14th May 2011
Lives for gear

Wow, looks impressive ! Good work ! Go on with pics, lov'em !
Old 14th May 2011
Lives for gear

you have 6 e-22s...........

looks beautiful.

be well

- Jack
Old 14th May 2011
Gear Nut

What I haven't still undertood is if the microwave oven which seems to be the center oven in your 5.1 is going to be soffited or flush-mounted, despite the fact that nowadays everyone seems to prefer them floorstanding, please ellaborate a bit on this...
Great job, go ahead with the pics.
Old 14th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaidsroom View Post
you have 6 e-22s...........

looks beautiful.

be well

- Jack
Yes we sure do- right now I'm looking for microphones,I've been warned there is no room for any further rack gear..... Microphones are the only thing that won't take up any room :-) thanks for looking in .... Its going to be a blast if it doesn't kill me first that is ......

Over and out

Andy
Old 14th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blues View Post
Wow, looks impressive ! Good work ! Go on with pics, lov'em !
As ever colonel it's always a pleasure my friend :-)

Andy
Old 14th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruidostudios View Post
What I haven't still undertood is if the microwave oven which seems to be the center oven in your 5.1 is going to be soffited or flush-mounted, despite the fact that nowadays everyone seems to prefer them floorstanding, please ellaborate a bit on this...
Hi

I'm not the technical guy just the guy paying for it all :-( so its over to Greg on this one...... From what I've gathered the monitors are sunk into the wall and are flush with it..... That's all I can tell you ...... Roger Our architect designed the room this way and we trust him :-)

Hey thanks for your interest mate

All the best

Andy
Old 15th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
They are sat on decouple bases which sit on the sub floor (not the floating slab)

The centre and left speaker both have a custom made ATC plinth sub under them, the right will sit on a "dummy" sub also made for us by ATC.

They are surrounded by acoustic foam within a wooden frame, the front of the speakers are flush with a mdf-polymeric barrier mat-mdf fascia.

This is Rogers design and ATC recommend this design as it increases the frequency range and performance of there speakers.

If we had some B&W's then they would floor stand like at Abbey Road.

Our PMC IB2's will sit on Hafelle lifts, dropping them out of the way when not in use.

G
Old 15th May 2011
Lives for gear

how many coles 4038's you got ?

Albini has 11.

when you buy lots of them you will be helping your own people !

be well

- Jack
Old 15th May 2011
Lives for gear

Coles

1 stereo pair

Coles are great but "shinybox's" ribbons are a fraction of the price and maybe 97% as good....and in some instances better in my humble opinion

If you get the chance check some out you won't be disappointed .....

Cheers for looking

Andy

Quote:

Albini has 11.

be well

- Jack
Old 15th May 2011
Looking fantastic guys, I'm just sorting out my own private mix/edit suite. And in comparison I'm getting serious build and gear envy.

We just got a Hammond Novachord this week it's a beast of a thing it's just crazy.
Old 15th May 2011
Lives for gear

Excellent !!!!!

Hey us Northern lads need to stick together !!!!!!

If there's anything we can help you with just let us know mate !!

Best

Andy

Quote:

Albini has 11.

be well

- Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy3189 View Post
Looking fantastic guys, I'm just sorting out my own private mix/edit suite. And in comparison I'm getting serious build and gear envy.

We just got a Hammond Novachord this week it's a beast of a thing it's just crazy.
Old 17th May 2011
Gear Nut

Very kind, thank you Sir

Quote:
They are sat on decouple bases which sit on the sub floor (not the floating slab)

The centre and left speaker both have a custom made ATC plinth sub under them, the right will sit on a "dummy" sub also made for us by ATC.

They are surrounded by acoustic foam within a wooden frame, the front of the speakers are flush with a mdf-polymeric barrier mat-mdf fascia.

This is Rogers design and ATC recommend this design as it increases the frequency range and performance of there speakers.

If we had some B&W's then they would floor stand like at Abbey Road.

Our PMC IB2's will sit on Hafelle lifts, dropping them out of the way when not in use.

G
Hey, I was kidding about the OVEN in the pic, didn't expect so many info... thanks a lot for sharing.
Old 17th May 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hey, I was kidding about the OVEN in the pic, didn't expect so many info... thanks a lot for sharing.
I don't think they realized that you were talking about the microwave
Old 17th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just wanted to share the design anyway as some people think that it's better not to flush mount the speakers!

As for the oven, you won't find a better sounding baked potato anywhere in the UK!
Old 17th May 2011
Lives for gear

Yes excellent baked spuds

Yes it does a great baked spud we can install one in your monitor line if you desire hehehehehehehehe

Quote:
I just wanted to share the design anyway as some people think that it's better not to flush mount the speakers!

As for the oven, you won't find a better sounding baked potato anywhere in the UK!
Old 17th May 2011
Lives for gear

Yes

Yes Chubbfingers a right clown ehehehehehehehehe

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundvandal View Post
I don't think they realized that you were talking about the microwave
Old 24th May 2011
Lives for gear

Sorry for the gap in progress people, we have been waiting for our fabric to be delivered. We have had a gang of plasterers in to finish all the plastering off.................

Old 24th May 2011
Lives for gear

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search