The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 19th April 2011
  #661
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Rear speaker shelves fully de-couple from the frames using tico.





Old 19th April 2011
  #662
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Foam cut to size for in-between the 2"x2" wooden stops.



Old 19th April 2011
  #663
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Great news

Woo Hoo! my custom hand wound transformer has arrived for my prototype "chub 500" mic amp!



Old 19th April 2011
  #664
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

May have specked it wrong for 500 series format

Old 19th April 2011
  #665
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Only joking! Its our open delta power transformer!

heh heh heh heh heh

Old 19th April 2011
  #666
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

No chubb, it's my stereo power amp

This is my new stereo power amp for my guitar rack to amplify the wet signal hehehehehehhehehe........

Having some problems finding some rack adapters for it though !!!!!!!


The saga continues


Andy




Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
May have specked it wrong for 500 series format

Old 19th April 2011
  #667
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Foam cut to size for in-between the 2"x2" wooden stops.



Next stage for the windows is a good de-grease and vacuum out, then a very thin timber edging will be tacked in place to hide the protruding edges of the foam. Lastly a coat of satin black finishing paint will be applied to the stops, edging and foam so that they all match.

Andy has ordered some black wood filler to hide the countersunk screws.

Then it's the point of no return!

Old 19th April 2011
  #668
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Before we paint the foam we need to fill it with shed loads of ASSWOOL To get an ass tight seal heheheheheheheheheheheheeeee



Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
May have specked it wrong for 500 series format

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Next stage for the windows is a good de-grease and vacuum out, then a very thin timber edging will be tacked in place to hide the protruding edges of the foam. Lastly a coat of satin black finishing paint will be applied to the stops, edging and foam so that they all match.

Andy has ordered some black wood filler to hide the countersunk screws.

Then it's the point of no return!

Old 19th April 2011
  #669
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Before we paint the foam we need to fill it with shed loads of ASSWOOL To get an ass tight seal heheheheheheheheheheheheeeee

I packed the asswool in! You can be rest assured that it's a tight ass seal with me on the job!

heh
Old 20th April 2011
  #670
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Yes correct

Yes I won't argue with that




Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
I packed the asswool in! You can be rest assured that it's a tight ass seal with me on the job!

heh
Old 20th April 2011
  #671
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

I have not had much time to take photos today as Ive been taking MDF over to the CNC workshop. JD Plastics in Liverpool are great people to deal with. They are starting my panels next week and have said that I can go in and take some pics of their machines doing the business!

Here are the pics that I did take when I nipped in at lunchtime...........
Old 20th April 2011
  #672
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Transformer in position




All nicely sat on tico to absorb any vibration

Old 20th April 2011
  #673
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Studing out reception.



Old 20th April 2011
  #674
Nice work! Coming together fast now!
Old 20th April 2011
  #675
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Nice work! Coming together fast now!
Thanks pal!

Hey, why was the pie stood on the corner?

Cos it was meat n potato!


heh heh heh heh
Old 20th April 2011
  #676
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Hey, why was the pie stood on the corner?

Cos it was meat n potato!
Old 21st April 2011
  #677
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Nice one chubbstick

Nice one chubbstick :-)

I hope your wiring is better than these jokes hehehehehehehehe



Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
I packed the asswool in! You can be rest assured that it's a tight ass seal with me on the job!

heh
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Thanks pal!

Hey, why was the pie stood on the corner?

Cos it was meat n potato!


heh heh heh heh
Old 21st April 2011
  #678
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Yes I won't argue with that
Reminds me of the old 3 pound hammer/16 penny nail joke.
Old 21st April 2011
  #679
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Some piccies for you all......









Old 21st April 2011
  #680
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 









Old 21st April 2011
  #681
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 



Old 21st April 2011
  #682
Lives for gear
Excellent distortion!
Old 21st April 2011
  #683
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncamorea View Post
Excellent distortion!
Thanks!
Old 22nd April 2011
  #684
Lives for gear
 
dbjp's Avatar
 

Looking great!

Could you take a close up picture of your face with that camera please?
Old 23rd April 2011
  #685
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp View Post
Looking great!

Could you take a close up picture of your face with that camera please?
My face? lol
Old 26th April 2011
  #686
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Hurry up Chubbfinger

Just waiting for mr Chubbfingers to get his act together and post the latest pics....

We have had the bank holidays in the UK to contend with, but good progress is being made in a few key areas....

Electrics are going well, we took delivery of the 3 phase main cabling today and the sparky has began wiring in the open delta transformer.... Cable is seriously expensive..... All be warned...... When you have worked out your cabling budget , double it and you will be something like there.... :-(

The granite floor tiles arrived into the country today and we await delivery, these will be getting fitted around 9th May.....

Work on the deck area happened today......oh yes.... And timber, like copper is mindblowingly expensive, we have spent 5k gbp in the past 4 weeks and it has gone nowhere......

Pics to come I hope..


Cheers


Andy
Old 26th April 2011
  #687
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

I went to Allied cables today to collect 35 metres of 16mm 4 core armoured cable. Parked up and walked down the yard into the shed. The guy had allready cut and coiled it up for me, I looked at the coil which just looked like a hose pipe and said, "Right then, thanks!" The bloke asked me if I wanted him to take the cable to my van with a fork lift, I replied, "No probs, Ill carry it"

Then as I picked it up and put it over my shoulder i realised that it weighed about 130 pounds!

Forget the pain, just keep walking, forget the pain, just keep walking, forget the pain...........................................................................



Old 26th April 2011
  #688
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Getting it routed!

Old 26th April 2011
  #689
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

One way................



Then the other.........

Old 26th April 2011
  #690
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Finally to the Dirty mains cupboard

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
bassjam / The Good News Channel
6
xcessbass / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
9
juicylime / So much gear, so little time
0
TapeOp / So much gear, so little time
10

Forum Jump
Forum Jump