The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 18th December 2010
  #31
Lives for gear
 

Great stuff! Can't wait to see it when it's all finished. Will be awesome!
Old 18th December 2010
  #32
Gear Guru
 
Glenn Kuras's Avatar
wow!!!!! I have plans to be in England for some meetings at the GIK Europe plant. Would love to find some time to stop by and check the places out. Very nice looking. thumbsup
Old 18th December 2010
  #33
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

analogue baby

Hi Glenn

Sure mate your welcome to visit anytime

Personal e mail below

[email protected]

Please keep in touch

Best Regards



Andy Bramhall
Studio Owner
Analogue Baby
Old 18th December 2010
  #34
Lives for gear
 

Hi
Both LED and 'plasma' meters CAN be fast it depends on the drive circuitry and how it is designed to treat transients. Meters which are 'hung over' from the 'analogue tape' age were intentionally 'slow' to mimic a VU meter response. The issues are not 'technical' as such but to define a useful and REPEATABLE characteristic that differing engineers can instantly work with. With the advent of digital recording and it's attendant metering which can 'grab' the absolute peaks and hold them for however long is deemed necessary, the requirements have had to be redefined.
Matt S
Old 18th December 2010
  #35
Gear Head
 
Pana's Avatar
 

...speechless.
Old 18th December 2010
  #36
Gear Head
 
eddcunningham's Avatar
 

I would love to work on 88RS.
I too share the feeling that it's one of the best consoles out there today.

I trained on a VR60 console and from what I gather, the channel strips are very similar.

I'd love to pop in and have a look one day
Old 19th December 2010
  #37
congratulations on the console and the best of luck to you in your studio.
Old 19th December 2010
  #38
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Kind words appreciated

Thanks for all the kind words it's very much appreciated

When the studio is open your all welcome to come down and have a play on the kit.

We truly believe that the Neve will add the vibe and the draw that is needed to make a commercial studio work.

I hope it works, if it doesn't I'm living at the Salvation Army Hostel :-)

Thanks again



Andy
Old 20th December 2010
  #39
Gear Head
 
leemcmahon's Avatar
 

wow guys, that neve is immaculate.

i'd love to visit the studio when you guys are up and running, im in L8 so i'm not too far away!

all the best lads.


- lee
Old 20th December 2010
  #40
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemcmahon View Post
wow guys, that neve is immaculate.

i'd love to visit the studio when you guys are up and running, im in L8 so i'm not too far away!

all the best lads.


- lee
Its should be! Its brand new!!!!!

For sure you can come over mate, in fact we will be looking for an assistant and would really want someone from LIPA.

The North West is where its going to be happening in the Uk (allthough ill include Trev at Circle as he is great and has a great studio).

Greg
Old 20th December 2010
  #41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
For sure you can come over mate, in fact we will be looking for an assistant and would really want someone from LIPA.
What about an SAE student? heh

Really great place, would love to have a look around sometime. Plus that console is a BEAUT!
Old 20th December 2010
  #42
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlen View Post
What about an SAE student? heh

Really great place, would love to have a look around sometime. Plus that console is a BEAUT!
Well Id consider it but you would have to burn an effigy of a certain someone associated with SAE before entering our building!

Old 20th December 2010
  #43
WOW..... the 88 looks hot hot hot!!!!
Old 20th December 2010
  #44
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

just like yours then

Hey Lindell

Just like yours then :-)

The Neve 88RS owners club......

Not many of us around....

Talk soon mate



Andy
Old 20th December 2010
  #45
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Past tense

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Well Id consider it but you would have to burn an effigy of a certain someone associated with SAE before entering our building!


That's now past tense of course.....

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa
Old 20th December 2010
  #46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Its should be! Its brand new!!!!!

For sure you can come over mate, in fact we will be looking for an assistant and would really want someone from LIPA.

The North West is where its going to be happening in the Uk (allthough ill include Trev at Circle as he is great and has a great studio).

Greg
cheers matey!
Old 20th December 2010
  #47
Lives for gear
 
Steve Honest's Avatar
 

Great

HI chaps
Great to see you studio build back on here.

Amazing desk, at the end of the day the Best is the Best.

When do you think you will be open for business?

steve
Old 20th December 2010
  #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Well Id consider it but you would have to burn an effigy of a certain someone associated with SAE before entering our building!

Not a problem, I've been looking for an assistant opportunity for so long I gave up and started building a project studio in Wavertree
Old 20th December 2010
  #49
Gear Head
 
leemcmahon's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Its should be! Its brand new!!!!!

For sure you can come over mate, in fact we will be looking for an assistant and would really want someone from LIPA.

The North West is where its going to be happening in the Uk (allthough ill include Trev at Circle as he is great and has a great studio).

Greg
haha, well i was implying that it's beyond new! heh

let me know when you're ready for visitors.

- lee
Old 20th December 2010
  #50
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

This is going to turn into a LIPA vs SAE mix off!

Unless we all enter the grid and settle it "TRON" stylee with light cycles?

Ill have a look at the manual to find the "digitising laser" button on the 88! Im assuming its got one as TRON was tracked and mixed on 88RS's

Greg
Old 22nd December 2010
  #51
Looking good Andy! I'm envious!


-Justin
Old 22nd December 2010
  #52
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Thanks Justin!

Ill be uploading some pics of the air con attenuators and the clean power install just after christmas.

The isolating TX weighs a quarter or a ton!

Greg
Old 22nd December 2010
  #53
Lives for gear
 
takman's Avatar
 

This looks like something straight out of the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
This is what the new control room will look like:


Old 22nd December 2010
  #54
Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
This looks like something straight out of the future.
It hasn't been built yet so technically... it is heh
Old 23rd December 2010
  #55
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlen

It hasn't been built yet so technically... it is heh
Well it has been built! The finishing joinery and acoustic treatment are next.

Roger said that it will be acoustically his finest room.

I think it looks like the bridge of the millenium falken!

-Greg
Old 23rd December 2010
  #56
BEAUTIFUL!
May you be totally blessed to make really stunningly good music there!

DP
Old 23rd December 2010
  #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Well it has been built! The finishing joinery and acoustic treatment are next.
It's a gorgeous room. Am I the only one who revels in the smell and feel of a freshly built and painted room? heh
Old 24th December 2010
  #58
Gear Head
 
leemcmahon's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlen View Post
It's a gorgeous room. Am I the only one who revels in the smell and feel of a freshly built and painted room? heh
you and me both mate! thumbsup
Old 25th December 2010
  #59
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Merry Christmas!

Have a great Christmas, one and all! Thank you all for being suportive on here. Cant wait to get the doors open in 2011! it will be a vintage year for recording in the UK!

Peace out,

Greg and Andy
Old 25th December 2010
  #60
Gear Head
 
leemcmahon's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Have a great Christmas, one and all! Thank you all for being suportive on here. Cant wait to get the doors open in 2011! it will be a vintage year for recording in the UK!

Peace out,

Greg and Andy
happy christmas mate. have a good one!
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
bassjam / The Good News Channel
6
xcessbass / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
9
juicylime / So much gear, so little time
0
TapeOp / So much gear, so little time
10

Forum Jump
Forum Jump