The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Analogue Baby Studio Liverpool Consoles
Old 1st April 2011
  #421
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 





Old 1st April 2011
  #422
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Old 1st April 2011
  #423
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Two thirds of the mid band stud now finished!

Old 1st April 2011
  #424
Lives for gear
 
Colonel Blues's Avatar
! Really impressed by the quality of this woodwork !
Old 1st April 2011
  #425
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blues View Post
! Really impressed by the quality of this woodwork !
The standard of Dougie and Jimmy's work is really high, the best think about them is that they are showing a real interest in the build and the reasons why things are the way they are.

Because they understand the reasoning behind the plans it makes it easier for them to build the structures.

I couldnt recomend them higher to anyone wanting to build a studio!

G
Old 2nd April 2011
  #426
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Hi Colonel hows it going ;-)

Yes the woodwork guys Dougie and Jimmy are doing a great job. I echo Greg below, they show a real interest in what they are doing and because of that they work quick and to a high standard, both of these guys have worked at my house and are still working there as well.They are multi skilled , their rendering and plastering is seriously very very good.

Its very hard to find a good builder these days, but we have found one with these guys.

I very rarely recommend anybody to anybody, these guys are one of my few exceptions.

Take it easy Colonel

Best


Andy
Old 2nd April 2011
  #427
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Hi Colonel hows it going ;-)

Yes the woodwork guys Dougie and Jimmy are doing a great job. I echo Greg below, they show a real interest in what they are doing and because of that they work quick and to a high standard, both of these guys have worked at my house and are still working there as well.They are multi skilled , their rendering and plastering is seriously very very good.

Its very hard to find a good builder these days, but we have found one with these guys.

I very rarely recommend anybody to anybody, these guys are one of my few exceptions.

Take it easy Colonel

Best


Andy

Colonel, by house he means château, or in English, Castle!
Old 2nd April 2011
  #428
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Garden room

How about a nice analogue console in my new garden room ???

Nice heh
Old 2nd April 2011
  #429
Lives for gear
 
takman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
Time to order some acoustic flixible HVAC duct!
what kind of flexible acoustic flexible HVAC ducting will you be buying, and from where will you buy it from?

can you elaborate more on the the HVAC design you came up with? those silencers/plenums? you made look interesting.

HVAC is such an important aspect of building a good studio, yet on these diary threads, it doesnt seem to get discussed about much..

beautiful work thus far...cant wait to see the final product.
Old 2nd April 2011
  #430
Lives for gear
 
takman's Avatar
 

i also have a question about the doors...and really this pertains to all studio builds....

how do you seal the bottom of the doors? if you put a seal on the threshold ...it will stick out, and be something for someone to trip on...

i never understood how they seal bottom of doors in studios...
Old 2nd April 2011
  #431
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Hey man thanks for kind comments and sharp observations :-)

Greg will pick up on this tonight and post the answers.

He knows everything I know nothing, I just pay for it all :-)

Talk soon mate


Andy
Old 2nd April 2011
  #432
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Hey man thanks for kind comments and sharp observations :-)

Greg will pick up on this tonight and post the answers.

He knows everything I know nothing, I just pay for it all :-)

Talk soon mate


Andy
You dont know nothing! What you dont know about guitars, samplers, amps and keyboards isnt worth knowing!

Plus you are a gifted visionary guitarist! As apposed to my sub parr bass playing!

Ill answer questions in the next post......
Old 2nd April 2011
  #433
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
what kind of flexible acoustic flexible HVAC ducting will you be buying, and from where will you buy it from?

can you elaborate more on the the HVAC design you came up with? those silencers/plenums? you made look interesting.

HVAC is such an important aspect of building a good studio, yet on these diary threads, it doesnt seem to get discussed about much..

beautiful work thus far...cant wait to see the final product.
The HVAC is a ducted system using 300mm flexible acoustic lagged duct that can be bought from any HVAC supplier, the longer the duct the better it will absorb noise from the unit and thus the lower the noise.

The attenuators are Recording Architecture design and are constructed of the same composite as the ceiling, they have lots of 90 degree turns. They are lagged with acoustic foam.
Old 2nd April 2011
  #434
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
i also have a question about the doors...and really this pertains to all studio builds....

how do you seal the bottom of the doors? if you put a seal on the threshold ...it will stick out, and be something for someone to trip on...

i never understood how they seal bottom of doors in studios...
The doors have a bottom lip and a drop down laurient seal. It is just accepted that studio doors are constructed in this way and people have to be carefull. Much the same as a watertight door in a ship.
Old 2nd April 2011
  #435
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Kid View Post
Hey man thanks for kind comments and sharp observations :-)

Greg will pick up on this tonight and post the answers.

He knows everything I know nothing, I just pay for it all :-)

Talk soon mate


Andy
I forgot to mention your compressor fetish! ;-)
Old 2nd April 2011
  #436
Lives for gear
 
takman's Avatar
 

bassjam...thanks..

do you have any close up pics of the bottom door seal?

about the HVAC. i am going to google about the Recording Architecture designed attenuators....but do you have any pics/blue prints of the design?
Old 2nd April 2011
  #437
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
bassjam...thanks..

do you have any close up pics of the bottom door seal?

about the HVAC. i am going to google about the Recording Architecture designed attenuators....but do you have any pics/blue prints of the design?
Door seals:

8000 series - Automatic Threshold Seals - Lorient Group UK


I can't really show any plans for the attenuators, you would have to contact Roger D'Arcy or wait for his book to come out and buy that.......
Old 2nd April 2011
  #438
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Hey Cheers for that its appreciated......




Quote:
Originally Posted by bassjam View Post
You dont know nothing! What you dont know about guitars, samplers, amps and keyboards isnt worth knowing!

Plus you are a gifted visionary guitarist! As apposed to my sub parr bass playing!

Ill answer questions in the next post......
Old 3rd April 2011
  #439
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

All the ships you have piloted have sank :-) :-)

And yes folks there's plenty of truth in that isn't there Gregory :-)

AB out hahahahaaaaaaaaa
Old 4th April 2011
  #440
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Roger the boss has been today

Greg picked Roger up today to QC the work.

Alls gone well I believe, I'll get the low down later.

I cannot say enough about this guy, he is not only one of the finest guys in the industry he's an absolute star individual, nothing has ever been too much trouble for him, he flew in today from France to come over, what a star.....

It does not matter what amount of money you are spending building your studio, take a little advice from somebody who has learnt the hard way over the years...... You will never get your room to sound as good as it can without taking advice of some kind at some point......

You can't wing and a prayer matters like acoustics .....

I'm picking Greg and Rog up now for a nice Italian n the village.....

Hopefully there will be some pics up later .

Thanks again for your comments and interest, it all helps to keep us going....

Till next time....


Andy and Greg
Old 5th April 2011
  #441
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Panels

More photos later but for now here are our panels fresh from the anodiser!
Jorgen is going to try a few engraving colours so that we can pick whats best.

Old 5th April 2011
  #442
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Old 5th April 2011
  #443
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Old 5th April 2011
  #444
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Roger comes to check the roofing felt!

Old 5th April 2011
  #445
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Roger says, "you've not used roofing felt you total idiots!", "your in danger of these bass traps working now"

Old 5th April 2011
  #446
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Knowing about Andys hatred of dust, Roger sets to work sweeping the ceiling!

Old 5th April 2011
  #447
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Some dust here too.......

Old 5th April 2011
  #448
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

a quick rendition of chim chimony complete with chimney sweeping pole to check acoustics.......

Old 5th April 2011
  #449
Lives for gear
 
Analogue Kid's Avatar
 

Total class that bloke is, what a gent, comes all the way from France to check some idiots roofing felt out :-)

Andy
Old 5th April 2011
  #450
Lives for gear
 
bassjam's Avatar
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
bassjam / The Good News Channel
6
xcessbass / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
9
juicylime / So much gear, so little time
0
TapeOp / So much gear, so little time
10

Forum Jump
Forum Jump