The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New rooms in Portugal
Old 27th September 2015
Latest photo from the mixing theatre:

Old 17th October 2015
Here for the gear

Branko quick question, is there a huge difference between the Icon D Control and the S6?
Old 17th October 2015
Love that last photo ! Looking really good.
Old 17th October 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2fame View Post
Branko quick question, is there a huge difference between the Icon D Control and the S6?
There is a difference, but it is not a huge one. Each one has it's strengths and weaknesses, and that has been already discussed on GS and on DUC. Both are great tools, and one can do some serious mixing on any of them.

I switched from D-Control to S6 in June (after 10 yrs!) and I got used to it. On S6, I like the faders and knobs, I don't like the buttons. I find the desk layout much better on S6. I hate the inability to map plugin controls to faders... and so on.
Old 17th February 2016
Gear Maniac

Muitos parabens Branko.

Abraço
Old 25th August 2016
Here for the gear

Hi Branko! Awesome room! It's inspired me to start planning a NE room of my own as well, although on a much smaller scale. I'm particularly interested in the bass traps and also the size and angle of the waveguide absorbers lining the walls and ceiling. I have Newell's book but I can't seem to find that particular bit of info. I also tried to check out your blog for possible answers but I just kept getting sent to the iCloud page. I'm probably doing something wrong. Thanks!
Old 25th August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpereyra View Post
Hi Branko! Awesome room! It's inspired me to start planning a NE room of my own as well, although on a much smaller scale. I'm particularly interested in the bass traps and also the size and angle of the waveguide absorbers lining the walls and ceiling. I have Newell's book but I can't seem to find that particular bit of info. I also tried to check out your blog for possible answers but I just kept getting sent to the iCloud page. I'm probably doing something wrong. Thanks!
Hi,

I'm not Branko, but I've found his thread and the Russian NE build thread inspiring and invaluable as I built my own NE control room. Of course, both my Newell books have cross-referenced post-it notes sticking out of them everywhere.

I believe the distance between panels is about 40cm, and the angle is - 45º. According to the thread, the panels at Loudness are built from chipboard, 18mm thick and covered with one layer of bituminous rubber (5Kg/m2) to increase the weight, and then wrapped around with a high density felt (A1).

I'm located in the USA, so my panels are made of 3/4" OSB+Mass Loaded Vinyl (1 lb. pcf) on one side+ 2" rockwool on both sides. Hung from the top with aircraft cable and eyehooks.
Old 25th August 2016
Here for the gear

Wow, thanks for those details Audiobox!. Do you know if there is a certain width the panels need to be or do we just use them in the standard size they're made in? I figure you just chop them to whatever length you require for your particular wall height but I'm not all that clear wether width matters in determining how effective a waveguide the panel is or if it has any other effect acoustically speaking. What is the other Newell book you have? I know he has several. Thanks again for the insight!!!
Old 26th August 2016
Quote:
Wow, thanks for those details Audiobox!. Do you know if there is a certain width the panels need to be or do we just use them in the standard size they're made in? I figure you just chop them to whatever length you require for your particular wall height but I'm not all that clear whether width matters in determining how effective a waveguide the panel is or if it has any other effect acoustically speaking. What is the other Newell book you have? I know he has several. Thanks again for the insight!!!
My understanding (from Newell editions I & II), is standard panel width (nominal 48" for USA) is great if you have the space to do it. However, less than 24" wide isn't very effective.

My room setup didn't allow me to have a panel array on the side walls or ceiling, so I used the cement/wood pulp composite panel treatment Loudness used for their second room build. In the USA, the product name is Tectum. I used the 2" thick panels over mineral wool-filled cavities on the side walls, hanging panels in the rear and the 2" Tectum contact cemented to 4" rebond foam on the ceiling.

Random note: half-way through the mix room build I saw clearly how goofy imperial measure is and wished I had done everything in metric from the get go, rather than converting between the two. Ah, hindsight. ..
Old 26th August 2016
Disclaimer

Quote:
Wow, thanks for those details Audiobox!.
I assume this is understood, but if not, I should note I'm no acoustics pro, just another bozo DIY guy investing thousands into an accurate room for a market that largely disappeared around 2005 or so.

Let it be said and so entered into the record. Amen.
Old 26th August 2016
Here for the gear

Hey no worries! We'll stumble into bozo DIY guy heaven together!!!! Who's in!?
Old 27th September 2016
Lives for gear

Is this Branko as in the guy from Buraka Som Sistema?
Old 28th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfilipee View Post
Is this Branko as in the guy from Buraka Som Sistema?
No. It's Branko Neskov.

Branko Neskov - IMDb
Old 20th April 2019
Just a quick note: Foley effects for the Oscar and BAFTA-winning documentary "Free Solo" were recorded at Loudness Films' Studio 2.
A few weeks ago, our Foley Mixer Joana Niza won the CAS Award for best mixing, and Foley artist, Nuno Bento and Foley Editor, Roland Vajs won the MPSE Golden Reel award for the best Foley Effects for that job!
Old 20th April 2019
Congratulations to the team Branko!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search