The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Harp rehearsal studios /Kungsbacka /Sweden
Old 30th July 2013
Smile Done!

The budget ran over and the time schedule slipped with years, but now it´s up & running. All but one space is rented out, it´s like that viking saying if you build your ship well you will get a good crew on board!
We have managed to attract the top bands & songwriters in our area.

Next phase is finishing off our 60kvm room with interiors & acoustics and the echo chamber. Let´s see where we are in a year or so /Toby
Attached Thumbnails
The Harp rehearsal studios /Kungsbacka /Sweden-979893_519733564740636_643837631_o.jpg  

Last edited by mattssons; 30th July 2013 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Fixing spelling
Old 23rd April 2014
First floor layer in our One room!

Just finished the first layer of our floating floor, it´s based on Solymer rubber and we will add a few layers with acoustic glue inbetween to get the weight needed to get it properly floated.

We put down washing lines in electric conducts all across the floor, you never know when you need to pull a cable under in the future!

Still thinking a lot about how to build the ceiling but not quite there yet.

/Toby

www.cascatoma.com
Attached Thumbnails
The Harp rehearsal studios /Kungsbacka /Sweden-cascatoma20140423.jpg  
Old 20th November 2015
My private room just about finished!

Sure took some time but pretty pleased so far. Of course i would do a couple of things differently if starting today but the outcome works well enough.

Gearslutz been my main source of information and education for so many years, thanks all!

Some more acoustic treatment going up and gear, but that´s always a work in progress

/Toby / Cascatoma Sound
Attached Thumbnails
The Harp rehearsal studios /Kungsbacka /Sweden-cascatoma_one.jpg  
Old 21st November 2015
Lives for gear

Inspiring to see this is still going strong - and thanks for, finally, including photos of earthwool/rockwool slabs, without which this forum would be ... nothing! One question: are you not a little bit worried about all that reflective glass behind the speakers, which is surely going to kick a ton of reflective nastiness straight at the mix position?! (As someone who has a large window in his studio, I am all too aware of its audio reflective qualities.)
Old 23rd November 2015
Mix Position

True Owen

Been thinking about getting rid of them but not gotten down to it.

They are almost 4 meters from the mix position and the back wall is 7 meters away but might be gone in a while.

Acoustics are strange and interesting and the more i read the more confused i get. This room is 60square meters with a 4 meter ceiling and still considered acoustically small, still better sounding than any of the small rooms i worked in before.

I was in the gear obsessed mode, so common, stuck in tiny rooms and one day i just though i´ve started in the wrong end. I needed a decent room, that´s why i build this place. So soon i can go back to gear focus again, just some acoustic stuff, that needs down first. Best /Toby
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear