The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shipping Container Studio
Old 8th November 2009
Here for the gear

Container studio guy from Queensland

Shipping Container Studio-new-tracking-room-further-back.jpg Shipping Container Studio-new-control-room-looking-forward1.jpg Shipping Container Studio-new-control-room-looking-forward-across-racks.jpg Shipping Container Studio-new-control-room-looking-back.jpg

Hi all, I'm seem to be the Studio Container Guy from Queensland that i saw in this thread. I did indeed sell my 1st control room/vocal booth container only 2 months back now, and I've just completed the new control room only, built within another 20' high cube, (also designed by John Sayers), to work with my tracking room that I completed a year or so ago, (also within another high cube).
This is, so far, the best room I've done, as having done this twice before I've learn't what NOT to do, as well as improve on my first efforts.
This room really works for me and my clients, and all mixes seem to be translating very well in most other systems outside of the studio! (Something I thought might take a while to get right, as I knew my old control room so well, and thought it might take a while to get used to the new sounds).
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, and so do the clients. The space is SO comfortable that it's a little harder to get them to go home at the end of the day!

Anyways, here's a few photos for you...

All the best, Mark

Mark "Sparky" Paltridge

Recording Studio : Sunshine Coast : Spark1 Studios : Queensland
Wedding Music : Sunshine Coast : Echelon Grey Band Duo
Spark 1 Studios on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
Acoustic Boogaloo on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
Toothfaeries on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
Jambezi on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos
Jambezi Music
www.youcantpolishaturdbutyoucanrollitinsparkles.com
www.whata******withalltheseurlsimeanwhodoesthat.com
Old 9th November 2009
Beautiful studio !!!
Old 9th November 2009
Gear Head

Really nice looking studio you got there! was it hard on getting used to mix in that narrow stereo panorama?

anyways, fulltone tape echo ftw!
Old 14th December 2009
Gear Nut

really interesting...

hey...

that is an awesome result indeed...
looks comfortable...

but how wide is it?

how much would it cost to deck out one container
with control room & vocal booth and maybe a couch too?
Old 10th June 2011
Here for the gear

Sparky and Rory's www.containerstudios.com launched today

Well, after much debate, several rebuilds and just general pffaffing around, I have decided, (with the help of my good friend, Rory O’Donnell), to strap on the tool belt and start building these container studios as a business, (rather than just for myself).

We've just launched our website as www.containerstudios.com

At this point, we're just concentrating on marketing here in Australia, as there’s a number of hurdles to overcome if the units are shipped overseas, (seaworthiness of a compromised shell, due to holes needed for aircon ducting, electrics etc…, plus power requirements of other nations), but hopefully I’ll overcome these soon.

Complete recording studio control rooms & tracking rooms, built within portable 20' shipping containers. Are you looking for a complete recording studio that not only inspires you and your potential clients, but is completely portable and compact? Tired of renting studio space? Do you dream of working from home? Do you live in a remote location? Do you work with schools? Are you tired of your 'garage studio' and its poor sound? Does the cost and hassle of building a fully fledged studio on your own, fill you with dread?
Until now, most portable and compact recording studio set ups have been plagued with sound issues, such as controlling the low and low-mid frequency build ups and nulls that arise in such small spaces. Untreated sound issues like these can produce less than stellar sounds to hard drive/tape, as well as inaccurate mixes that don't translate well into the real world.
Spark 1 Container Studios provides the solution; complete control and tracking rooms that offer professional acoustic standards within a compact and portable environment.

The 3D tour shows the current set up of my control room, with soffit mounted main speakers. The new design will NOT have this soffit design. It works fine, but I’m always looking to improve the design. This control room, and indeed my current tracking room, (both featured on ‘Better Homes and Gardens), are for sale, with the video system and multicore, but excluding the aircon unit. Our new control rooms and tracking rooms are $39,500.00 and $37,500 respectively, but my current control room is for sale at $37,000.00 and the tracking room at $34,500.00.

Despite what Peter from BH & Gs said on the video, you CANNOT just whack in a couple of sliders and you’re up and running! There’s a phenomenal amount of materials and designing that go into making these studios not only soundproofed, but function well as an accurate and reliable monitoring environment. This can only be achieved if all the acoustic treatment is specifically calculated to the rooms dimensions. This is a science in itself, and we're always improving on our design with every studio we make. No room is 'perfect' acoustically, but we're doing our best to get as close as possible! Some of the results of what I've managed to achieved can be heard on my site, www.spark1studios.com , where all the audio samples are recorded within my 2 studio containers.

We're based in Maleny, QLD, (1 &1/2 hours North of Brisvegas). My studio containers are recording clients 4-5 days a week, so I guess I'm living proof that these studios not only work and work well, but are an inspirational place for prospective clients to record....and if you get 'out of the game' later in life, you can sell your studio, lock,stock and barrel, without having to tear down fittings from a leased property, or indeed your own home. I still rent, and thank God/Allah/Buddha/some manky dog up the street, that I was smart enough to build my studios within these containers, as it's saved my family's bacon twice now!! It's seems to be $100.00 hour to shift these on a tray truck, (however, distances from here to any of the Capital cities would vary, depending on the carrier).

We can change some of the interior designs as required, though any structural changes would incur a redesign fee, as John Sayer's expertise would have to be called on again.

Many of the questions you may have hopefully are explained on our site, but if you'd like anymore info, contact me at

[email protected]m
or 0416 262 319
www.containerstudios.com
Old 11th June 2011
Lives for gear

Those are really nice I've thought about building one of those for quite some time. How much do you think it would cost to send one of those guys to the USA?
Old 11th June 2011
Here for the gear

shipping to the states...

Hi there, I'm not sure just yet, as I said before, there's quite a few hurdles to overcome.... but we've been toying with the idea of shipping all the materials over there, within the structure, then building over there ourselves.... we'll see.... Maybe contact me at Container Studios :: Shipping Container Recording Studios and we can discuss further.

all the best, Mark
Old 23rd June 2011
Gear Nut

Wow, really good idea. Hopefully you insulate it enough so the steel walls dont interfere.
Old 4th August 2011
Lives for gear

Very impressiveheh
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Really nice studio you have there, ive been thinking of bulding one myself, and looking how great your container studios look just makes me want it more, props and all the best in your new business!
Old 6th December 2011
Gear Maniac

Shipping Container Studios.... the "500 Series" for studios.

I'm doing one as well here shortly....
Old 7th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsage View Post
Shipping Container Studios.... the "500 Series" for studios.

I'm doing one as well here shortly....
Can't wait to see it... please post pics from begining to end.
Old 15th November 2017
Here for the gear
Hello, I built my new studio in two 20 containers. It is a stereo and 5.1 mixing room. 6 x 4.8 mts. Im really happy and its sounding great!!! I haven´t finished yet, but im close.
Attached Thumbnails
Shipping Container Studio-cont1.jpg   Shipping Container Studio-cont2.jpg  
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlejandroJ. View Post
Hello, I built my new studio in two 20 containers. It is a stereo and 5.1 mixing room. 6 x 4.8 mts. Im really happy and its sounding great!!! I haven´t finished yet, but im close.
Wow ! more pics please !!
Old 15th November 2017
Here for the gear
We want more than 2 photos ....
Old 16th November 2017
What an interesting concept ! I thought it was not possible, but apparently i was wrong
Old 17th November 2017
Here for the gear
Im still connecting gear and finishing the acoustic treatment but so far im very happy. Attached are some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Shipping Container Studio-whatsapp-image-2017-11-17-5.07.35-pm-1-.jpg   Shipping Container Studio-whatsapp-image-2017-11-17-5.07.35-pm.jpg   Shipping Container Studio-whatsapp-image-2017-11-17-5.07.36-pm-1-.jpg   Shipping Container Studio-whatsapp-image-2017-11-17-5.07.36-pm-2-.jpg   Shipping Container Studio-whatsapp-image-2017-11-17-5.07.36-pm-3-.jpg  

Shipping Container Studio-whatsapp-image-2017-11-17-5.07.36-pm-4-.jpg   Shipping Container Studio-whatsapp-image-2017-11-17-5.07.36-pm-5-.jpg   Shipping Container Studio-whatsapp-image-2017-11-17-5.07.36-pm-6-.jpg  
Old 18th November 2017
Here for the gear
What a good job!
How did you jointed the 2 containers?

that what I am looking at for years but still not have any field to put it on
Old 21st November 2017
Here for the gear
I took out the wall of both containers in the middle. Then we soldered them together and added another roof on top.
Old 19th November 2019
This looks really cool. Any updates after the past two years of using it?
Old 19th December 2019
Gear Head

How much do these containers cost? Is it that much cheaper than building a stick or timbre frame building from scratch? Seems like you also need to do some work to negate the negative effects of the steel exterior wall.

Just curious

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search