The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Finally building my new place !!!! Studio Monitors
Old 1st April 2009
Lives for gear

Finally building my new place !!!!

Hi everybody,

finally then long and cold winter is over and we are ready to build my new studio. The building is located on the south of Slovakia in a village called Halic. I have bougth and old property with and old village house that was teared down and a new building will be built insted of it.

Total space of the building is 113,2 m2 and the space will be divided this way:

live room - 42 m2
control room 24m2
accomodation for 4 persons - 12,4 m2
kitchen - 6m2
shower and WC - 6m2
+ a lounge of around 20m2

Progress so far

- old building teared down
- the new foundation is already digged out
- we have drilled a small tunnel under the road for the new electricity cables
Attached Thumbnails
Finally building my new place !!!!-1.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-2.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-3.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-4.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-5.jpg  

Finally building my new place !!!!-6.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-7.jpg  
Old 1st April 2009
Lives for gear

We should start pouring the concrete next week - untill then sum supporting work needs to be done on the foundation so everything is ready for the pouring. We will need around 5 trucks of concrete for the whole foundation

If everything will go according to the plan the masonry should start by the end of april - so we should see walls growing pretty soon.

I have finally found a supplier for the floating floor rubber raisers and the sound proof doors for the studio itself.
Old 1st April 2009
Lives for gear

Here are plans for the structure so you have and idea how it will look like
Attached Thumbnails
Finally building my new place !!!!-podorys.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-podorys_strechy.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-pohlady.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-rez.jpg  
Old 1st April 2009
Gear maniac

Great project! I can't wait to follow the progression!
Old 12th April 2009
Lives for gear

A quick easter update

the concrete for the foundation has been poured last week, the 3 rows of the blocks will finish the existing foundation - this will be the "ground zero" of the building. they will be filled with concrete on tuesday, then the inside area will be levelled and prepared for the pouring of the concrete plate. the plate will be arround 15 cm bellow the top of the blocks to compensate for the height loss once the floating floors for the studio will be done. this way we wan't loose from the ceiling heigth.

The interior will be divided into 2 sections - the studio itself that will be built on two separate concrete floating floors and the living and relax section. the floors of the second section will be levelled to the same height as the floating floors. - the living section will be heated with floor heating that will be built into the concrete.

the foundation should be complete within 10 days and after that we can finally start building the walls
Attached Thumbnails
Finally building my new place !!!!-8.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-9.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-10.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-11.jpg  
Old 12th April 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Great project! I can't wait to follow the progression!
+1

I´m in Slovakia 4 weeks in june for buissnes reasons , in the area of Slate Moravce / Nitra
I like Slovakia ;-)
Where are you located?

cheers
mika
Old 12th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikahanau View Post
+1

I´m in Slovakia 4 weeks in june for buissnes reasons , in the area of Slate Moravce / Nitra
I like Slovakia ;-)
Where are you located?

cheers
mika
Hi,

I can be found either in bratislava - i assume you know where it is ) or in lucenec - it's around 150 km south east from nitra. the studio I am bulding is in a village 8 km from lucenec.

thanks guys for the nice words
Old 17th April 2009
Lives for gear

The blocks are already poured with concrete, currently we are filling up the space inside with the remains of the old house to level the terrain inside the house. once it's levelled and compressed the final load of concrete can be poured for the plate and that's all regarding the foundation. according to the plan the whole foundation should be ready by next wednesday. it will be left around one week to dry completely and the masonry can start.

the first load of around 25 pallettes should arrive by the end of the next week, total of around 55-60 palletes of blocks and glue will be used for the consruction of the perimeter walls. we will be using the new porfix plus blocks - PORFIX

it's a new product with superb heat insulation mesures, the heat resistance of the 375mm block is R=4,21 m2K/W - so you don't need any additional insulation on the outside of the house, the only thing you have to do is the outside coating and the construction is done thumbsup

and here are 2 pictures to sum um the progress heh
Attached Thumbnails
Finally building my new place !!!!-12.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-13.jpg  
Old 18th April 2009
Can't wait to see it emerge!
Old 19th April 2009
Gear maniac

WOW... Talk about building it from the ground up... Excited to see this progress.
Old 19th April 2009
Lives for gear

I had meetings with the suppliers for the doors and windows (just for the building, the studio doors together with the KIP pads for the floating floors will be ordered from Alara-Lukagro Noise Control) and with the supplier of the roof construction.

the tie-beams will be premanufactured and delivered to the construction site where they will be lifted with a crane directly on the building - should be pretty quick. I will be ordering them next week so they could be on site in 4-6 weeks depending on when the masonry will be done.

I have attached the plans for the roof construction so you get the idea.
Basically my main goal was to keep everything as simple as possible and simple is almost always the most cost effective solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally building my new place !!!!-layout1.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-s1_n3.jpg  
Old 25th April 2009
Lives for gear

Finally the foundation is completed thumbsup
Next week we are starting to build the boundary walls - it should take around one month to complete the work on the walls.

And of course a couple of pictures heh
Attached Thumbnails
Finally building my new place !!!!-14.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-15.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-16.jpg  
Old 25th April 2009
Lives for gear

Aaaaaahhhhhh yes, nothing like the smell of a freshly poured slab!

Good luck with it!
Old 28th April 2009
Lives for gear

So here is a little sketchup preview of the next stage.
While I am writing this the work on the walls has already begun, will upload some progress photos soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally building my new place !!!!-exterior_1.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-exterior_2.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-exterior_3.jpg  
Old 28th April 2009
Gear maniac

Do you already have a floorplan for the studio?
waiting for more pictures

cheers
mika
Old 28th April 2009
great, give us more details about the interior.

cheers
Old 28th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikahanau View Post
Do you already have a floorplan for the studio?
waiting for more pictures

cheers
mika
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
great, give us more details about the interior.

cheers
Here is an older rendering, aside from the booth that was pulled out of the projects due to budget reasons it's pretty much final. I am still working on the live room ceiling accoustic treatment.

the room sizes are 5,12m x 4,6 for the control room and 5,2m x 8,11m for the live room. those are empty room measures so the finished rooms will be smaller because of acoustics.

Both rooms will be built on concrete floated floors with KIP pads under the concrete. Steel framing, 2 layers of drywall. The walls will be built using the IsoMax clips and the ceilings using the ICW hangers - all materials from kinetics.

The studio itself is planned for stage 2 - currently I have to build the house first )) The interior works could begin somewhere in september if there won't be any major complications.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally building my new place !!!!-klima.jpg  
Old 1st May 2009
Lives for gear

Walls are going up. This should be pretty quick now since the blocks are huge. The roof beams are already being manufactured and they should be ready by the end of may.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally building my new place !!!!-17.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-18.jpg  
Old 9th May 2009
Lives for gear

Things are going really good at the moment, around 50% of the masonry is completed.

1) the accomodation for the customers
2) the future live room
3) control room
4) WC and shower
5) kitchen

enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Finally building my new place !!!!-19.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-20.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-21.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-22.jpg   Finally building my new place !!!!-23.jpg  

Old 9th May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheuzrecords View Post
... around 50% of the masonry is completed.

Is there no mortar between those blocks?
Old 9th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimskidog View Post
Is there no mortar between those blocks?
of course it is ...
Old 10th May 2009
Lives for gear

Wow you are making a lot of progress in a short amount of time. I can't believe you did not want to do this project in the winter.
Old 10th May 2009
Lives for gear

indeed it's very thin. the material we are using is designed especially for the blocks we are using and should be only 3-4 milimeters thick. so that's why you barely see any mortar on the pictures.

The roof construction will arrive on the 12th of june, the windows and doors will be ready by the 2nd of june. So by the end of june we should have the building ready.
Old 10th May 2009
Gear interested

Quote:
indeed it's very thin. the material we are using is designed especially for the blocks we are using and should be only 3-4 milimeters thick. so that's why you barely see any mortar on the pictures.So by the end of june we should have the building ready.
And at the beginning of July it'll fall downHope you don't get any strong winds!stike

I'm sure you know what your doing,personally I'd be screaming at my builder if he was doing Block placement like that,isn't the principle of block placement evenly part of the physics of a stronger wall.

I put jam on my sandwiches thicker than that mortar,Are you trying to make it stretch further..lol
Old 10th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkee View Post
And at the beginning of July it'll fall downHope you don't get any strong winds!stike
yes and all the buildings built with the same materials will fall as well

I have no reason not to trust in those products. It's all built to the specs supplied by porfix. If they say it's 4mm than I suppose there is a reason behind that.
Old 11th May 2009
Lives for gear

YouTube - YTONG kamin

If it is similar product with AAC he is doing it fine. Great job morpheuzrecords
I used the same material but mine are interior walls

Nikolas
Old 11th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricaudio View Post
YouTube - YTONG kamin

If it is similar product with AAC he is doing it fine. Great job morpheuzrecords
I used the same material but mine are interior walls

Nikolas
thanks for the nice words nikolas thumbsup

yes it's almost the same product, the 2 companies are major competitors here in slovakia since they make the same type of products. whe choose porfix because the blocks we are using are absolutely new - they were launched Q1 2009 - they are lighter than the ytong and thus they can cary more load. the heat isolation is far beter too and they are a bit cheaper as well.
Old 11th May 2009
Gear interested

Quote:
yes and all the buildings built with the same materials will fall as well

I have no reason not to trust in those products. It's all built to the specs supplied by porfix. If they say it's 4mm than I suppose there is a reason behind that.
I was joking,as I said, I'm sure you know what your doing.it was meant in a light hearted manner.
Old 12th May 2009
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by moracspace View Post
In the pics posted theres hardly enough morter to hold together 2 slices of bread.

Does the mortar hold the blocks together or hold them apart...?
Old 1st June 2009
Lives for gear

all the masonry done and the upper rim is poured with concrete - so we are ready for the roof construction that will take place next week probably.

for all the "qualified" builidng engineers: the blocks still hold together

it's amazing to see that 1/3 of all the posts I have received are about the collapse of the structure. really thanks for all the support guys thumbsup

pics later

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search