The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Here she is in all her glory....new studio, ain't she purty? Studio Monitors
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

I will admit that I didnt look at the posting times/dates and into the "story" I started getting really excited for you and your business. Then I hit this page. I got that same feeling I got when the wedding ring rolled across the floor in 6th Sense.

It looks like everything worked out for you in the end and congrats on the new place and thanks for the story. Would have made a great documentary.
Old 19th September 2009
Lives for gear

Indeed--- quick follow up:

Proxy was taken over by another studio owner.. he fought the good fight for about a year, but got swallowed up in the crap economy, and even crappier studio market.

Studios that were billing 1500 a day here 4 yrs ago, i can get for 500, and even less.
put a fork in it, it's NOT a viable biz model ( i already knew that, and it wasn't my money invested so... safe there)

My new spot is ghetto but VERY musical... a 1700 sq foot wharehouse that i've turned the office into my little control room. it doubles as a space for various production oriented things, and I'm operating it more as a "co op" than a money making venture. A playroom that pays for itself i like to say. That being said, i have a place to do what i need to do,my personal gigs and income are still solid, and I don't have to worry about taking gigs/sessions to just fill the books ( i can pass those on to up and commers, and take a little tiny piece for overhead) seems to be working well for me right now.

Proxy got torn out and turned into a live work space-- what a waste.

onward and upward!

cz

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search