The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Had to move - studio rebuild in basement
Old 3rd March 2008
Gear Addict

Had to move - studio rebuild in basement

Hi Guys,

I had to move, give up the house I lived in with my now Ex-GF and lost with it the small but fine rooms for my little project studio. But luckily the new homeplace has a quite nice room in the basement I can use for it.

Sooooo, this is the room after removing the wooden bars which separated it into two. The bars were later use for creating the frames with cloth to create a live end - dead end room.

Afterwards I used OSB plates for the floow with 5mm rubber underneath and created frames with red cloth on one side and wire netting on the back. One of the doors was removed and the hole was filled with bricks.

First things from the old place in the basement...
Attached Thumbnails
Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-100_0268.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-100_0269.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-100_0273.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0010.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0009.jpg  

Old 3rd March 2008
Gear Addict

One side of the room with all I had in the old basement...

My uncle peparing for mounting the frames and putting rockwool behind them. Thank you so much for helping...

hmmm... seems to become good

unbelievable how much rockwool is needed... 7 packs...

Final result, looks fine and works fine...

Attached Thumbnails
Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0001.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0002.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0003.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0005.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0007.jpg  

Old 3rd March 2008
Gear Addict

Installed lights, brought in the table, placed the mixing console... yap, this will be sweet.

Hmmm... need more electricity at this wall, will be done next before getting in the second table for the DAW.

This is the rest... okay, have to clean up a bit... heh

Attached Thumbnails
Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0007.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0004.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0002.jpg  
Old 3rd March 2008
Lives for gear

man i forget at times how different the architecture is in europe at times. in the pics, the ceiling looks like it's just over 5' high
Old 3rd March 2008
Gear Addict

The ceiling is only 2,06m or 6'9", but this is 16cm more than in the old room...
Old 25th March 2008
Gear Addict

Update... its getting "heimelig"...

Attached Thumbnails
Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0001.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0011.jpg   Had to move - studio rebuild in basement-rimg0009.jpg  
Old 11th April 2008
Gear Addict

*push*

Some opinions?? heh
Old 11th April 2008
Gear Maniac

Nice set-up Mike - a move is always a good opportunity to polish the rig up.

What are you planning for the 'live-end'? Which instruments do you plan on tracking live?
Old 15th April 2008
Gear Addict

Thanks Factory101!

The Live-End will only get a bit of diffusion and 2 bigger panels with acoustic foam. The ceiling above the speakers will get also acoustic foam. I think there will be recoded vocals, Guitar, some other instruments. But for complete bands it is too small and also not applicable.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search