The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ROCKSTAR RECORDINGS' studios almost finished.
Old 27th February 2008
Gear Maniac

Post ROCKSTAR RECORDINGS' studios almost finished.

Hi,
People who are interested can see my studio report here:Rockstar Recordings = Construction site - Fotoreport..
It is in dutch but if you want translations, just ask me.
We started to build the new studio next to the old one because there where a lot of clients complaining about the control room being really small and very hot in summer. Also a lot of clients asked for an analog desk, cause they didn't like to work on our C|24. If we do something we try to do it good, so we built the CR and studio on box-in-box construction, floating the whole brick walls on rubber strips. Lots of concrete and later on lots of rockwool, wood,..
We have been building for a year and a half now and are working on the last bits. Still trying to find a solid desk(if someone knows a SSL 4000 or 8000 G+ for sale, let me know), wich is really hard to find in good shape and fitting in our budget..
Feel free to comment our work.
stike Rock 'n roll! stike
Tim.
Old 27th February 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari View Post
Hi,
People who are interested can see my studio report here:Rockstar Recordings = Construction site - Fotoreport..
It is in dutch but if you want translations, just ask me.
We started to build the new studio next to the old one because there where a lot of clients complaining about the control room being really small and very hot in summer. Also a lot of clients asked for an analog desk, cause they didn't like to work on our C|24. If we do something we try to do it good, so we built the CR and studio on box-in-box construction, floating the whole brick walls on rubber strips. Lots of concrete and later on lots of rockwool, wood,..
We have been building for a year and a half now and are working on the last bits. Still trying to find a solid desk(if someone knows a SSL 4000 or 8000 G+ for sale, let me know), wich is really hard to find in good shape and fitting in our budget..
Feel free to comment our work.
stike Rock 'n roll! stike
Tim.
You did everything wrong. You will need to rip out EVERYTHING and start over.

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn
Old 2nd March 2008
Gear Maniac

Really nice job.heh
Well done.
Congrats dude!!!thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
Old 2nd March 2008
Lives for gear

That looks really fantastic. I am always amazed at the vision of people when they take these old run down buildings that probably wouldn't be inhabitable as cow sheds and then turn them into fantastic looking studios.

The studio complex that I have a room in was built in an old shop. The owners have been friends for years and when they called me over to show me the blue prints and the building I thought they had lost their minds. It was beyond a mess. It was a disaster. But the finished product was a masterpiece and really amazing.

Big congratulations.

Michael Greene
Old 3rd March 2008
Gear Maniac

Thank you gearslutz!

Thanks for the compliments guys!
Yesterday I started recording. And it was AMAZING! Today we will start to install the HD-system and stuff, so I just took my PT LE and started experimenting. Set up a drum and spent half a day looking for well-balanced OH positions. After that added closed mic kick/snare/tom-mics. Just used a few gates and a little bit of eq and these drums sound huge! Beyond all our expactations. We hoped to be able to step out of our boxy demostudio sound by building a good live room and I think we succeeded in this. We spent hours looking on the net, studying and calculating bass traps, diffusers.. and thanks to people like the ones here on GS we where able to do this. So thank you very much at the people who always take their time helping other people like us out and I hope we will be able to do the same for you guys back one day! getting a bit emotional here.. Today I will be back in the studio and I hope I can get to post an audio sample.
Reaaally excited!!!
Old 3rd March 2008
Lives for gear

live room looks great , big ans spacy ... love the color/range and wood .... enjoy ..
Old 3rd March 2008
Gear Maniac

the name turned me off- the room turned me on! great consecutive slide show!
Old 25th April 2008
Gear Maniac

SSL

For the people interested, at the moment we are busy installing our desk wich has been delivered at the start of this week. After one and a half year anoying everyone here with stupid questions we decided to go for a SSL 4000 G+. Right now these are busy times as this desk is completely new for my compagnion and me. Saturday already we have our first client. Since the studio has been opened temporarely one month ago we already had a lot of work and even now with the ssl not even being installed we already have 4 bookings. Things are going great and much better then expected. Let's hope we can follow that direction in the past. We will defintely try our best to make it happen. Thanks to all the people at GS being so helpful answering our questions and helping us taking decisions.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search