The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!
Old 22nd January 2008
Gear Nut

STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!

hi folks!

i'm a few days behind, but here is my studio renovation thread!!!! all of the pictures can be found at out myspace MySpace.com - MachineHead Studio - toronto, CA - Other - www.myspace.com/machineheadstudio

after 4 or so years the old girl is getting a face lift! we aren't really doing anything structural, its more of a cosmetic make over. new floors, paint, furniture, gear, acoustics.

you can check out our website :: Machinehead Studio :: or myspace to see how the studio looked before we gutted it.

te first few days are scattered across a few different cameras so it might be a bit before i can get those up.
Attached Thumbnails
STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1002.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1004.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1006.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1007.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1011.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2008
Gear Nut

more photos
Attached Thumbnails
STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1016.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1015.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1022.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1028.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1020.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2008
Gear Nut

and even more
Attached Thumbnails
STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1032.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1033.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1034.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1036.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1038.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2008
Gear Nut

more and more and more
Attached Thumbnails
STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1043.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1046.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1049.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1051.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1052.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2008
Gear Guru

Looking good man. Let us know if you need any pointers on the acoustics of the room.

Glenn
Old 23rd January 2008
Gear Nut

thanks glenn! the plan i have come up with is this... 4 super chunk absorbers and about 10 broad band absorbers for the live room. its roughly 350sq ft with some serious low mid issues. do you think that is overkill? for the control room there are already 2 large absorbers on the walls that we are going to fill with insulation and over with fabric, along with an undecided amount of broadband and corner traps. this is where some advice would be fantastic because the control room and office are in one room, with the control room sort of sectioned off. should i concentrate mostly on the control room or should i put some panels in the office?
Old 24th January 2008
500 series nutjob

sweet!!
Old 24th January 2008
Gear Nut

more pics!

here is the bathroom being tiled and the semi-finished product!
Attached Thumbnails
STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1111.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1110.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1128.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1129.jpg  
Old 24th January 2008
Gear Nut

some pics of the flooring for the control room and office
Attached Thumbnails
STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1122.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1116.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1115.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1114.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1113.jpg  

Old 24th January 2008
Gear Nut

and this is where i have been hiding while everyone does the renovations
Attached Thumbnails
STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1107.jpg   STUDIO MAKEOVER!!!!!-dscf1139.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search