The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Manifold Recording - Studio Construction Thread Condenser Microphones
Old 2nd November 2015
Lives for gear

Clueless,

I am watching the vids on your website (the Joey Calderazzo and Wayne Krantz with Anthony Jackson ones) and surprised to see you only use one overhead mic on the drums. Is it a stereo mic or a deliberate choice to have a single mono mic? If the latter, why? Thanks.

Z
Old 6th November 2015
I really like your video. Thank you for sharing that insight to the process. The record sounds like it's going to be great!
Old 27th May 2016
Lives for gear

Greetings, all! As I'm sure many of you know, being busy when a studio is under construction means there's always time to post photos and comments. Being busy once a studio is open means there's never enough time to post photos and comments. That said, I should list a few nice updates.

Five years ago, before we were even open, we gave a tour to a local composer who promised that one day he'd write a score for Chamber Orchestra with the studio's acoustics in mind. Last month it happened. Here's the story (part 1 and part 2) and here's a video excerpt of the session:

https://youtu.be/szMONndyVso

Late last year we released an album that made it to #1 on BandCamp in three different categories (SIDELONG).

In the past year we've also done drum lines for TV commercials, several singer-songwriter projects, a top collegiate a cappella group, and many, many others. And we are in session today (piano/voice, featuring a well-placed Telefunken ELAM-251).

Anyway, I'll try and check in more often. And don't forget, both Manifold Recording (on the recording side) and The Miraverse (on the performance side) have their own YouTube channels, in case you are inclined to follow such stuff. Thanks (again) for all your support!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search