The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio Build rise from the ashes.
Old 5th November 2020
Gear Head

Studio Build rise from the ashes.

This I going to be my second studio build diary. I built a studio / rehearsal space back in 2012 and documented the build in a diary called Double garage studio / rehearsal build.

Unfortunately that studio was destroyed in a bush fire that occurred on New Year’s Eve 2019 along with our house and everything we owned. Also all my music gear and all the instruments that I have collected over the last 30 years (I did manage to save my PRS guitar but that was all). A few photos to help tell the story so far.
One of the old studio and some of the devastation.

This new build, I hope is going to be bigger and better. I think that I have learnt from some mistakes I made with the first build and this time I have a much healthier budget.
Attached Thumbnails
Studio Build rise from the ashes.-0a1f8d1f-ccfa-4a57-95b5-d6da639090d1.jpg   Studio Build rise from the ashes.-7725dfea-2079-4861-b9fc-701fb13697d8.jpg   Studio Build rise from the ashes.-5f18a1de-4b00-41b9-8a68-d665875519d1.jpg   Studio Build rise from the ashes.-a27e2223-4538-4abf-a001-4a5a987a6f53.jpg  
Old 7th November 2020
Definately need to keep those cymbals for decor. Or maybe they sound cool too.
Old 13th November 2020
Gear Addict

Oh, man. I can’t imagine how ****ty that must have been. So glad you’re starting a new place though. Good luck!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear