The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My new studio desk build
Old 25th December 2019
Here for the gear

My new studio desk build

Good morning and Merry Christmas to all (sorry if my English is not very correct). This is my first post in the group. I start by saying that to live I am an architectural design engineer but music has always been in my heart since adolescence. This year I decided to give me for Christmas a new studio desk built by me using my two StudioRTA Producer Cart (see Thomann) that I had owned for years. As a good architectural design I designed the wooden structure in order to create the new console according to my needs. I went to my trusted carpenter who cut boards and slats following my directions. I decided to use laminated and poplar wood on the advice of the craftsman (do not use plywood or chipboard, it does not hold the weight ....). The cost of timber was around €. 160.00. Once everything was assembled (almost a day) I went to the OBI CENTER to get opaque black cans and sandpaper for a cost of around € .40.00. Last I ordered on Thomann n ° 4 Adam Hall 61535B10 Rack Strip 10U blk and the relative bolts and washers for fixing the racks for a total cost of € .37.00 approximately + (€ .20.00 shipping costs). In the end with about € .257,00 and a lot of effort (it is certainly not a Sterling, an Argosy, etc. ..) I am the happiest man in the world .................. I enclose some photos of the realization. Happy Holidays
Attached Thumbnails
My new studio desk build-01.jpg   My new studio desk build-02.jpg   My new studio desk build-03.jpg   My new studio desk build-04.jpg   My new studio desk build-05.jpg  

My new studio desk build-06.jpg   My new studio desk build-07.jpg   My new studio desk build-08.jpg   My new studio desk build-09.jpg   My new studio desk build-10.jpg  

My new studio desk build-11.jpg   My new studio desk build-12.jpg   My new studio desk build-prog_01-copia.jpeg   My new studio desk build-prog_02-copia.jpeg  
Old 25th December 2019
Lives for gear

Very nice my good man!
Old 25th December 2019
Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 4th January 2020
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Nice job, it looks great! Also, very cool of you to include dimensions with the pics.
Old 4th January 2020
Gear Maniac

Came out great! How are you holding the mixer up?
Old 4th January 2020
Here for the gear

Hello and thank you for the compliments. Under the mixer there is a wooden table parallel to the floor. To keep the same inclination of the racks I used wooden shims (wedge type) up to having the same inclination of the racks. I went by attempts ......
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Very well done indeed. Love it when individuals take the bull by the horns and use their talent to create what they need,... it's a dying art.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear