The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build
Old 13th September 2019
EOG
Here for the gear
I love the look of the hexagons and rusty steel plates!
Greetz from Graz
Old 4 weeks ago
Stunning as usual
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thanks

Thanks to all your comments, feels good to be connected!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Second Batch Of Hexagons

Most of the hexagons (68 in total) arrived on site for the final steps (filling, covering, mounting, LEDs). There are two types of hole patterns depending on the requirements (mounting position): The BAD-panel type and a mostly absorbing type with large holes (most of the holes will be covered with fabric anyway).
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-077-hexagons-delivery.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-078-hexagons-delivery.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Up They Go

Doing a test run of mounting the modules for adjustments (corners are critical).
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-082-hexagons-delivery.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-079-hexagons-delivery.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-081-hexagons-delivery.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-080-hexagons-delivery.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-083-hexagons-delivery.jpg  

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Awesome!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

And Then Some

Progressing ... just noticed from the pic the mounting height of the leftmost bottom module on the right side needs be fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-084-hexagons-mounting.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Mounting Details

Solving some mounting issues (wait, the A/C outlet is not exactly where it should be?!). Actually there's not too much need for A/C in this room anyway so the outlet stays basically behind modules without fabric covering (lacquered perforated plates only).
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-085-hexagons-mounting.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Thanks G. E. - inspiring to see technology/design/art being used this way.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
... inspiring to see technology/design/art being used this way ...
That means a lot to me ... thank you for your kind words and understanding -- I want to share and inspire for sure!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

LEDs

Quick test run of the LED modules to check for function and prepare for the controller setup. So far working just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-086-hexagons-leds.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-087-hexagons-leds.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

First LED

Checking the mounting position of the first LED.
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-088-hexagons-lights.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-089-hexagons-lights.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-090-hexagons-lights.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-091-hexagons-lights.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
EOG
Here for the gear
Awesome! Studio design is art indeed.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I'm in awe of some of the great ideas in this forum. :-)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Ceiling Modules

The ceiling modules went up for a test run of the mounting positions.
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-092-hexagons-mounting.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-093-hexagons-mounting.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-094-hexagons-mounting.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

First Hexagon Covered with Fabric

Started to cover the hexagons with fabric starting with first to be mounted module.
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-095-hexagons-fabric.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

More Modules, More LEDs

Now this is the fun part for me after all the work that has already be done, putting up the finished modules and connecting LEDs.
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-097-hexagons-leds.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-098-hexagons-leds.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-097-hexagons-leds.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

stunning!

(i prefer the look without fabric though...)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Milestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
... prefer the look without fabric though...
I hear that a lot these days. Right now all 68 modules (finished or not) are mounted plus all the LEDs working.
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-100-hexagons-leds.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. E. View Post
I hear that a lot these days. Right now all 68 modules (finished or not) are mounted plus all the LEDs working.
keep it like that!

or if you're going to add fabric to all modules, maybe choose an interesting colour combinations rather than all white (you don't use white on your mics either?)

btw: i'm pretty sure you could measure a difference between no fabric and all modules covered...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Roman Perschon

LEWITT CEO Roman Perschon in the studio right before the media event today.
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-101-perschon.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

what that is amazing good job my friend!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
EOG
Here for the gear
Are those panels empty or filled with something like CIB?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOG View Post
Are those panels empty or filled with something like CIB?
On the last picture above the 17 light grey modules are covered with fabric and filled with fire-resisting mats of polyester fibres (actually not CIB). For acoustic reasons the remaining 51 modules need to be filled as well.

Last edited by G. E.; 2 weeks ago at 04:56 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Fabric

Quote:
... i'm pretty sure you could measure a difference between no fabric and all modules covered...
Sure it makes a difference between having fabric on top of the panels or the other way round. It's all part of the equation -- we have quite a lot of remaining hard surfaces (floor, rusty wall, parts of the ceiling, optional back-drop,etc.) that are going to stay so we need lots of absorption and then some.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
(...) we have quite a lot of remaining hard surfaces (floor, rusty wall, parts of the ceiling, optional back-drop,etc.) that are going to stay so we need lots of absorption and then some.
i see... - too bad for the look/optics! you could use fabric with a print though or some kinda colour scheme :-)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Trapped in the Holes

Quote:
i see... - too bad for the look/optics! you could use fabric with a print though or some kinda colour scheme :-)
I hear you ... the look gets very similar comments from all the early visitors as well. Maybe it's just me that I've seen too many panels like these?! On my personal recap I moved more than 2,000,000 "holes" in the last years.

For the moment I'll show off some more pics of the current situation made by Sabine (one of my workers ... with the perfect girl's name for doing acoustics) made with her mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-103-room.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-104-room.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-102-room.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-106-hexagons.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-107-hexagons.jpg  

LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-105-hexagons.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-107-hexagons.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-106-hexagons.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-108-ebenlechner.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I hear you ... the look gets very similar comments from all the early visitors as well. Maybe it's just me that I've seen too many panels like these?! On my personal recap I moved more than 2,000,000 "holes" in the last years.

For the moment I'll show off some more pics of the current situation made by Sabine (one of my workers ... with the perfect girl's name for doing acoustics) made with her mobile.
at the current state, it's a nice mix between schöner wohnen, tech chique and some rusty art!
whatever you do, keep up this style and spirit - i'm willing to pay for a suited fabric for two panels! :-)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Decisions

Quote:
at the current state, it's a nice mix between schöner wohnen, tech chique and some rusty art!
whatever you do, keep up this style and spirit (...)
After reviewing all options considering not yet disclosed room elements LEWITT has confirmed that the hexagons are going to be covered with fabric as planned (well actually all but 6 that need to be open). So the hexagons should turn out just like this preview:
Attached Thumbnails
LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-111-hexagons.jpg   LEWITT Headquarters Studio Build-lewitt-hq-studio-build-112-hexagons.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Room looks fantastic!

Best of luck with it.

Regards,
Dirk

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search