The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New commercial build in Denver
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yikes, that's some bad luck!

Love the cast
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Thanks guys-

Obviously it would be impossible to say that breaking the ankle was a *good* thing, but it got me spending a lot of time improving my guitar chops (still not very good, but good enough to record some stuff and edit it) and my vocal chops as well as working up a lot of sketches for songs. Cody and I have now finished a lot of those songs, and have them placed, prod fees paid and some really cool things in the pipeline. Also we brought in two more people more or less full time to help with the build, Nick and Ernest.

So I ended up doing a lot of detailed drawings of the framing with exact measurements and the guys built to them. This is the first of 7 'inside out' walls going up. 4 layers of 5/8 drywall, one layer of GG and the framing here means this segment comes in at about 1400lbs. This one is for control room 2, both control rooms are 16'4" x 13' x 10' 6", with 'inside out' walls and ceilings.

The insulation for the airgap was stapled onto the wall before it went up

Lot's of this going on, it looks like we're headed for about 20-21 5 gal buckets of GG. That's nick there-

Here's Cody posing with the GG and Nick there in the background, this is the wall for CR 1 they are working on here.

We had a great inspector for the first inspection, then we had a younger, new guy show up and while trying to prove how thorough he is he demanded that we inspect every layer of drywall! Pain in the ass. But at least we had enough to do each day to call for an inspection the next day and so on.

Here are some pics from the security cams. Here you can see all 4 walls (these were all built before standing up the rear wall) are up and the first course of drywall is up. Those are 9.5" I-joists up on top and then 4 layers of drywall will go on top of those. The whole studio and the wall that divides the studio and salon will use about 800 sheets of 5/8 drywall. Crazy to think that's about 60,000 lbs.

I had them set up the OSB as a rim joist here because the i joists don't leave a lot to go into.

This is the complete framing detail that everything was built from. I missed about 80% of the framing with the ankle, but was glad to get back in there for the end, framing is my favorite part of a project.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search