The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Studio in Sausalito
Old 4th March 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1042 View Post
Just stumbling upon this now but looks great! Im researching those Armstrong random drilled acoustic panels you have in your control room. Thinking of covering my drywall with them as well or sandwiching dryall>OC 703>armstrong panels. I assume you have some sort of acoustic paneling behind the random drilled panels? If so how did you attach the panels to the less rigid knauf? Glue or nails?

Thanks!
The tiles are just spray adhesived directly to knauf 705
Old 1st May 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hi. I really enjoyed seeing the process of your studio build and love the final outcome. Great studio. I'm currently building a private studio in my basement and have a question hopefully you can answer. I see that you have a "Mini split" AC unit in the control room. I can see it is not mounted on an external wall and I'm wondering how did you route the condensation drainage line? Where I would like to install one of these units I don't think I can route that line outside because the unit would be below grade compared to the ground outside.
Old 4th May 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sorry I just saw your post. So I have five of them and the refrigerant and condensate lines run different paths but all end up in crawlspace. I have a pump down there to take the condensate outside . Could work maybe like that in your situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllecky View Post
Hi. I really enjoyed seeing the process of your studio build and love the final outcome. Great studio. I'm currently building a private studio in my basement and have a question hopefully you can answer. I see that you have a "Mini split" AC unit in the control room. I can see it is not mounted on an external wall and I'm wondering how did you route the condensation drainage line? Where I would like to install one of these units I don't think I can route that line outside because the unit would be below grade compared to the ground outside.
Old 4th May 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoggin View Post
Sorry I just saw your post. So I have five of them and the refrigerant and condensate lines run different paths but all end up in crawlspace. I have a pump down there to take the condensate outside . Could work maybe like that in your situation
Thanks for your response. But that won't work for me cause the studio is being built in the basement. So no crawl space below it. Guess I'll have to figure something else out.
Old 6th May 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thanks for your response. But that won't work for me cause the studio is being built in the basement. So no crawl space below it. Guess I'll have to figure something else out.
You can put pumps in or next to the units. They aren't dead silent, but I found some that are pretty quiet and then built a box around them-

https://www.supplyhouse.com/DiversiT...ss-System-Pump

This is another advantage to using an ERV for fresh air though. I was told that the pumps will run a lot more rarely because of the ERV's, but so far they have not run at all, and not even a drop in the tanks. That said, Denver is pretty arrid and there is no need for dehumidification here...
Old 7th May 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
You can put pumps in or next to the units. They aren't dead silent, but I found some that are pretty quiet and then built a box around them-

https://www.supplyhouse.com/DiversiT...ss-System-Pump

This is another advantage to using an ERV for fresh air though. I was told that the pumps will run a lot more rarely because of the ERV's, but so far they have not run at all, and not even a drop in the tanks. That said, Denver is pretty arrid and there is no need for dehumidification here...
Thanks RyanC. I just might try that idea when I get to that stage. Although, there is a drainage stack near by. But I'm not sure if it's a good idea to tap into that and use a "J" trap.
Old 7th May 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thanks RyanC. I just might try that idea when I get to that stage. Although, there is a drainage stack near by. But I'm not sure if it's a good idea to tap into that and use a "J" trap.
Yeah, just put in a wye and run a drain tube into the stack, avoid the pump if it can run downhill. I would use a waterless trap like these-

https://www.ipscorp.com/pdf/professi...pecPackage.pdf

Put in a wye, put that trap on that side of the wye. This way you don't have to worry about the water evaporating out of the trap and letting the sewer gas in. I'm having to add those, because there is no condensate going into the traps.
📝 Reply