The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Personal Studio Build in Northern ID
Old 13th April 2019
Lives for gear

I'd tend towards the right choice. To my eyes, both colour and pattern match better in the image.
Old 13th April 2019
Lives for gear

Right

Sample on the left looks like the floor is dirty. My choice would be the lighter sample on the right.
Old 13th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykostx View Post
If you cut a deep groove in the floor slab along the walls you will essentially have the most inexpensive floating floor ever.
Hey I remembered this comment but forget to tell you something super cool. The cement floor is already isolated from the retaining walls. The walls were pored first, then the floor was added. There is about an 1/8th inch of that cork/resin material between the wall and the floor. So it is already isolated to a very large degree.
Old 14th April 2019
Lives for gear

I had a weird situation occur as I finished the insulation in the ceiling. I had been holding off until I knew what I was going to do with the garage door as I had to remove the support struts and chain rail/motor in order to finish the ceiling. So, now that I removed that stuff, the door will remain closed until the sliding door gets put in.

Anyhow, when I opened that last two bails of rockwool, they no longer were stiff and they did not tension fit the 23" gap like everything I put in before. I couldn't cut it as it just fell apart. It was an absolute mess. Like wrestling jello. I ended up using tape across the crossbeams as a kind of hammock. Took me as long to do the last 8 pieces as the previous 8 bails. The bails remained absolutely dry while being stored. Is there some expiration date for usage once you buy that stuff?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The sliding door goes in on Tuesday, so had a deadline to finally bite the bullet and disassemble and take down the garage door. I also plumbed dual HDMI and 7 channels of atmos/auro 3d into the ceiling. In the first picture you can see that I found our there was a header where I wanted to run the cable and had to angle both cable feeds rrrr. Anyhow, getting there. It'll start looking like I room when I do the Sheetrock next week/weekend once the sliding door is in.

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Cool project! Following along.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Spent the morning sealing the floor and retaining wall. Hope stuff dries enough for me to put the main coat of primer/sealer on the retaining wall later today. Easier to ventilate and dry with no door LOL.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Picking up the pace ... Sliding doors now in place!

Sheetrock in the queue
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Rocked and ready to tape/mud which hopefully will get to tomorrow! Seems breakneck speed now after taking so long to gain momentum.

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Cookin' right along...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looks great. Go go go.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

We have tape ... sanding/seams tomorrow. So close yet so far away still. Paint, Trim, Floor, solid door with floor stop, wiring/soldering and of course carrying heavy stuff. Being a one man show gets old.

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

sanding skim coat is like going to the beach ... you pull the damned sand, or in this case mud dust, out of all your cracks for a week.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Looking good, though.

I do not enjoy drywall work. At all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcecil View Post
sanding skim coat is like going to the beach ... you pull the damned sand, or in this case mud dust, out of all your cracks for a week.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'll likely prime the drywall tonight or possibly tomorrow night. Then paint this weekend. But you know ... best laid plans.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldPowerLabs View Post
I do not enjoy drywall work. At all.
No picture as it would just be a white room shot ...
BUT

I don't enjoy painting work. at all LOL. Was up late priming. My shoulders are killing me from doing the ceiling. 2 coats of paint to go. shudder..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I did manage to get the ceiling painted, ceiling speakers installed and the first coat of paint on the walls this weekend. Hope to get the 2nd coat of paint on the walls sometime this week in the evenings. Then maybe I'll get the retaining wall done this weekend. Then it'll be crown moulding and wiring of wall jacks. Floors will probably be a July 4th weekend thing.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Oh, another task I had to do was to clean up those seams on the concrete retaining wall near the floor. They made it so the baseboard would not go up to the wall. I'll still have to file the back in several locations. But the sledge and chisel took care of the big protruding seams.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I was tired of painting and patching outlet boxes. I didn't expose enough the junction boxes for the 5/8th drywall, so the outlets were difficult to pull out without damaging the drywall. Decided to do something more fun! I put up my guitar rails

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Best move! Get lined up with doing anything BEFORE you do it! LOL
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Retaining Wall is now painted! Crown Molding and trim work around the sliding doors next weekend I hope. Then floors. It's getting close.

Old 6 days ago
SRS
Lives for gear

Lookin great man!
Old 12 hours ago
Lives for gear

It probably doesn't look like a lot of progress, but the network wiring is complete which was a PITA. The crown strip is in. And the sliding door frames and all the door and window frames are now painted. Just waiting for them to dry to stick back in. That leaves a lot of cleanup, outlet box leveling/straightening and FLOORS. It will likely be the weekend after the 4th before I put the floors in. But, we are nearing completion

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search