The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)
Old 22nd August 2017
Here for the gear

Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)

Hello everyone,
My name is Nikola Vuckovic, I am from Serbia.
I decided to start building my own studio few years ago.
After several unsuccessful attempts to build one in my own production, i decided to find someone to help me.
Now I decided to share my experience in this quest, so I hope you will enjoy!!!
Old 25th August 2017
Here for the gear

These are some pictures of how the studio looked like before, in my own production.
It is simple known wrong way to use dense rockwool on the walls... lesson learned.
Attached Thumbnails
Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-20130824_235654.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-20130824_235705.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-20130904_152230.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-20130904_152244.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-20130904_152303.jpg  

Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-20130904_152315.jpg  
Old 26th August 2017
Here for the gear

Demolition!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-017.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-021.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-036.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-006.jpg  
Old 28th August 2017
Here for the gear

The old room had very low height 2.35m, we had to dig for a more height, we dug under the supporting pillars almost 20cm to get the desired height, the final height was 295cm.
Attached Thumbnails
Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-picture-071.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-picture-085.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-picture-088.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-058.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-071.jpg  

Old 1st September 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1883 View Post
These are some pictures of how the studio looked like before, in my own production.
It is simple known wrong way to use dense rockwool on the walls... lesson learned.
why is it wrong to use rockwool on walls ?
Old 2nd September 2017
Here for the gear

Hi, Victorapo. Thanks for your interest.
Rockwool is ok, but not rockwool of any density. I used here floating floor rockwool on walls, which is too dense and ineffective.
Old 2nd September 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1883 View Post
Hi, Victorapo. Thanks for your interest.
Rockwool is ok, but not rockwool of any density. I used here floating floor rockwool on walls, which is too dense and ineffective.
ah yeah misunderstanding. different densities work for different freqs regarding the different depths
Old 6th September 2017
Here for the gear

We started with a building, the dimensions of the new room are 5.8mx 4.6m with a height of 2.95m.
The thickness of the wall is approximately 45 cm and it is made in the following layers, double brick thicknesses of 25cm then rockwool 5cm and 13cm brick.
Attached Thumbnails
Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-021-1-.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-21390343_684817971711173_985564901_o.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-21392743_684817958377841_1681882732_o.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-21458506_684817928377844_1512263650_o.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-21458733_1073629356101574_1503852083_o.jpg  

Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-21460258_684817975044506_1450526505_o.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-dscn3135.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-dscn3141.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-picture-014.jpg  
Old 11th September 2017
Here for the gear

Concrete slab(20cm) and a roof, live room is finished, for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-2.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-3.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-4.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-5.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-6.jpg  

Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-7.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-1.jpg  
Old 13th September 2017
Here for the gear

We started building a control room, room is about 20m2.
Like live room, old room had very low height 2.35m, we had to dig for a more height, now room is 2,95m high.
Attached Thumbnails
Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-1.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-2.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-3.3.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-3.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-5.jpg  

Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-6.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-7.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-020.jpg  
Old 13th September 2017
Here for the gear

Subscribed!
Old 21st September 2017
Here for the gear

Stone wall!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-2.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-21439439_1073634279434415_1560155645_o.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-21439524_1073634269434416_1937300557_o.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-21441492_1073634276101082_865318499_o.jpg   Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-21458586_1073635042767672_216489318_o.jpg  

Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-1.jpg  
Old 10th May 2019
Lives for gear

Hello again, everybody,

Well, It's time to refresh this old thread...

Nikolas' team and I passed a very long way, spend nearly three years of planning and now we find out the simple truth:

It is needed to dream bigger, if you want to make things right!

Project from the beginning will become now a big audio/video production facility with two control rooms and two recording rooms, two bedrooms, one office room and big lounge/café.

---------
For Moderators:
We change name of Garage Chamber Studios to KontraPunkt Studos, so, Moderators, if you can, please, change the name of this thread
Garage Chamber Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)
To:
KontraPunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)

Thanking you in advance.

--------

More information will coming later

Last edited by boggy; 10th May 2019 at 04:44 PM..
Old 16th May 2019
Lives for gear

Building process of Kontrapunkt Studios in progress. BIG liveroom of 356 cubic meters.

Solving a stone puzzle! A real granite stone layer will be 4.5m high, on the walls.

Old 17th May 2019
Lives for gear

Hey Boggy,

How do you go about keeping the floor flat and consistent?

Totally get walls being uneven for diffusion etc but if I was a drummer irregular flooring would drives me nuts!

Curious
Wiggy
Old 17th May 2019
Lives for gear

Hey Wiggy,

Stones you can see on the floor are just pieces scattered there to help solving wall "stone puzzle"... This way, it is better to view, to find easier a stone part with best shape/color to fit the empty place on the wall, similar to a real puzzle game.

For real floor, firstly, we will do cement leveling layer, to be perfectly flat and horizontal, then we will glue oak parquet directly to it, then it will be sanded and lacquered. This will be done later because this "stone puzzle game" is very rough and wet, and will damage parquet, so parquet will be done (most probably) at the end. We will have more rough work to do in this room before floor making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
Hey Boggy,

How do you go about keeping the floor flat and consistent?

Totally get walls being uneven for diffusion etc but if I was a drummer irregular flooring would drives me nuts!

Curious
Wiggy

Last edited by boggy; 17th May 2019 at 03:04 PM..
Old 28th June 2019
Lives for gear

Hello everybody,

News!
Place where will now be big CR, was garden earlier, so sewer and water supply manholes remains in the middle of the CR. So, I ordered to move them next to the house, between house and studio building, because easier access and smelt, of course.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Now we learned the hard way that this was just easy do decide, but not easy to do.

They did not know where old sewer pipe is located!

After about week of digging the soil full of stones, around the house, they finally found main sewer pipe 2.7m (about 8') deep in the ground(!)

Conclusion: building studio is full of surprises... sh*t happens!

Manholes in the big CR:

Fun:

Old 30th June 2019
Lives for gear

Hello everybody,

Here is an early smartphone recording of beautiful female vocal in unfinished Live Room in Kontrapunkt Studios. We visited studio building site in end of the April with our friend Irena Milovanovic, opera singer. Everything other was spontaneous.

Last edited by boggy; 30th June 2019 at 10:45 AM..
Old 5th August 2019
Nice, big stone rooms... I liked the thread immediately!
Срећно!
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear
Hello Boggy! thanks for sharing it with us!

How do you manage bass in this live room?
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPee View Post
Hello Boggy! thanks for sharing it with us!

How do you manage bass in this live room?
Well, because it is not control room... very carefully, with some bass traps, of course!

Target will be about 1.5-2.5s of reverberation, room will be designed for small live events, rehearsal and recording.

All material which will be used for acoutics/building is locally available, we have no data for them, so there is no "instant" solution. Big Live Rooms are very sensitive to any boundary treatment... whatever you did on whole boundary is very articulated later, with both measurement results and when listening your own voice reverberation.

Measurement equipment is always in situ, we have access to it via Team Viewer, and before each next step, we measure influence of previous steps of treatment/building.

Otherwise we have to travel about 220km to Nis, just to measure, so this is more practical way, to work as it is on different continent, as we already used to do.

BTW, here is image of finished granite stone layer... remaining granite in the middle of the room will be removed, it is not part of the design.

P.S. Хвала @ Branko
Attached Thumbnails
Kontrapunkt Studios (Nish, Serbia, MyRoom Acoustics Design)-img_8051-.jpg  

Last edited by boggy; 12th August 2019 at 12:40 PM..
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear
Ok, I thought the acoustic treatment would be 'invisible' (in other words 'into the walls').

Thank you!
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPee View Post
Ok, I thought the acoustic treatment would be 'invisible' (in other words 'into the walls').

Thank you!
Oh yes, It will be ... “invisible”... for no expert eyes...

In this thread you can see some of the steps before “invisible alpha” (term introduced by @ avare )

My pleasure!

Last edited by boggy; 12th August 2019 at 12:37 PM..
Old 12th August 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggy View Post
Oh yes, It will be ... “invisible”... for no expert eyes...

Ok, I see

Thanks!
Old 5th September 2019
Lives for gear

"Stone Room" they call it already.
Of course, I still did not tell them for wooden part of treatment...
The wooden frame is finished.
The ventilation system is next, then ceiling painting (NO, it won't be that color!), then parquet, then measurement... After that... We will see... It depends...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search