The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Hi Steve!! Looks fantastic. You could borrow my spare mac, but I'd bet by the time you got it and paid for the expense of getting it there, you could have purchased another closer. Have you considered going PC/Windoze? If I was in your locale and situation, I'd consider it..... Otherwise you can bet I'd have a spare mac in the closet ready to go at a moments notice.
Hi DrBill,. Thank you SO much for the offer. I really appreciate it and the concern. but shipping cost is way to much.

I am so close to building a windows machine.... but I have already invested so much in this mac :( and I now have a pile of mac parts,. that don't work.. lol

A few days ago I received a PSU and Motherboard, shipping cost what it takes us to live for a whole month or more :(
The motherboard he sent wont work with my CPU :( it might have different firmware (or my CPU is also dead)

I cant catch a break.. I have been trying to get this Mac working for over 2 months now and no progress.

But I know God will provide what we need in His perfect timing.
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear

Looking slick Steve..

Remind me if that was that a compacted earth floor with some kind of resin or finish ?

Cheers
Wiggy
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
Looking slick Steve..

Remind me if that was that a compacted earth floor with some kind of resin or finish ?

Cheers
Wiggy
Hi, Thanks

All the floors are cement,. So i did a acid stain concrete. I used Iron Sulfide in the CR and LR and Copper Sulfide in the Iso and Office area (i will get some pics of that it came out ok)
I am getting better at it as i go... the control room was hard,.. the sealer never dried, i cant find the standard concrete sealer we use in the US here,. It took me 4 weeks to strip and re-seal the CR floor until it looked acceptable. the other rooms were easier. But not as shinny as normal sealer would make them look,. But they still sound the same

Heres a pic of the CR floor after i finished.
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-cr-sealer.jpg
And the Iso floor.
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc03906.jpg
Its still a mess around the edges,. but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-cr-sealer.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc03906.jpg  
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear

Steve. Really digging that horizontal slat wall. Very similar to what I did!
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock80 View Post
Steve. Really digging that horizontal slat wall. Very similar to what I did!
Thanks man,. It was hard for me to keep it looking uniform because the wood I used (coconut wood),.. is all hand cut so its not straight or the same thickness.. but it looks good

Those panels are 10" deep filled with rockwool and fiberglass. They do a good job adsorbing the low freq.

I will still add some panels to the bare concrete parallel walls (either diffusion or adsorption depending on how the room sounds.

Right now its super 'live' with a long sweet high freq. decay.

I want to keep that decay but those walls look bare and I think the room will sound even better with some more diffusion.

Old 23rd February 2018
Awesome work!
Old 27th February 2018
Gear Nut

Any updates on the situation with the mac?
Old 28th February 2018
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggsmack View Post
Any updates on the situation with the mac?
Hi,. I am waiting for a 4.1 CPU chip that will work with a 4.1 motherboard board. So I can test the new board I have (hope it will get here in a couple weeks)

The seller sent me a PSU and a motherboard board. a few weeks ago
And from my testing/troubleshooting I found the original PSU was OK. And I think the original motherboard board is dead.

But the new board he sent will not boot with my 5.1 CPU. (maybe the board he sent is not compatible with my CPU? ... I don't know)

So when I get the 4.1 CPU chip I will install it in my Processor Tray... Then if the machine will boot... I have to update the firmware on the board he sent... So it will work with the 5.1 CPU.

If it will not boot .. that means the Processor Tray is also dead.

My plan is to build a backup machine that is a clone of my main machine. So hopefully I wont have to go through this when the studio is open and working

Thanks for the question,...
Old 23rd March 2018
Lives for Jesus

Console and Mac Working !

Just a quick update.... The Mac booted with a 4.1 CPU and the D&R Octagon automation problem is fixed !

So now i have a working Mac, and a working moving fader automation system Praise God !!!

I still need to get the firmware updated on my motherboard so it will work with my 5.1 - 6 core 3.46ghz CPU.. but the 4 core 2.66 is working fine for now.

I am so thankful for all you that prayed for this and all those people that helped me with advice and also financially to get these problems fixed.

The studio is done but just need to seal up the doors and get a Air Conditioning unit for the live room. (thats a big expense)
Thats all i am waiting for to say "Im Open"

Pics on the way
Old 23rd March 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
Just a quick update.... The Mac booted with a 4.1 CPU and the D&R Octagon automation problem is fixed !

So now i have a working Mac, and a working moving fader automation system Praise God !!!

I still need to get the firmware updated on my motherboard so it will work with my 5.1 - 6 core 3.46ghz CPU.. but the 4 core 2.66 is working fine for now.

I am so thankful for all you that prayed for this and all those people that helped me with advice and also financially to get these problems fixed.

The studio is done but just need to seal up the doors and get a Air Conditioning unit for the live room. (thats a big expense)

Pics on the way
Good to hear! I am sure many of us here have been hoping to hear good news from your studio after ali the hard work!
Old 23rd March 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:

Pics on the way
Awesome Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This ^^^ is the progress report I've been waiting to hear.
Old 25th March 2018
Lives for Jesus

Stella In the Control Room

Just a few pics Kinda blurry from Cindy's phone..
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-1.jpg
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-2.jpg
.INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-3.jpg
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-3a.jpg
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-4.jpg
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-5.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-6.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-2.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-3.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-3a.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-4.jpg  

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-5.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-6.jpg  
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for Jesus

Does anyone have a spare NS 10 Woofer they would be willing to donate ??

i just had one die :( and i really need these to be working.

just thought i would ask...
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

Steve.. I’ve moved on from NS10’s to acoustic Energy AE22’s and couldn’t be happier.

Google the reviews and you’ll enjoy working with them more so as they don’t pop or break have the same mid peaks and are still supported despite being out of production.

Wiggy
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Guru

Someone is making the drivers for NS10's again Steve. This just started recently. I don't remember who, because when I finally ditched my NS10's I never wanted to hear a pair again as long as I live. You can probably find them if you google it.
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Just a few pics...
Beautiful child, and congrats on the amazing progress.

But that third photo reminds me of when our 2-year-old fed the VCR a sandwich.
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Someone is making the drivers for NS10's again
Avantone Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Hip child...quite precocious of a two year old to be aware of a video toaster, let alone the Amiga platform.
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Beautiful child, and congrats on the amazing progress.

Thanks Brent, I try to be sure the gear is off before she starts touching all the buttons... and changing all the settings
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Avantone Pro

Hip child...quite precocious of a two year old to be aware of a video toaster, let alone the Amiga platform.
We are so blessed to have Stella,. its great she is interested in buttons and flashing lights like all of us
Old 28th March 2018
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Someone is making the drivers for NS10's again Steve. This just started recently. I don't remember who, because when I finally ditched my NS10's I never wanted to hear a pair again as long as I live. You can probably find them if you google it.
Thanks drBill,.. I seems like no one has the Avatones for sale yet... they were the first ones I searched for.
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for Jesus

Worship Confrence Next Week

Looking forward the the first use of the studio,.. I will be teaching classes on mixing sound for church, mic placement, gain staging, etc... and other things a sound guy/girl needs to know to keep the sound system working properly.

This is the beginning of the School of Worship,.. First semester starts in June. Excited to see the fruit from this.
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-boot-camp.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-boot-camp.jpg  
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Addict

How are things at @ stevep 's new studio? Hopefully all is well.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugetsu85 View Post
How are things at @ stevep 's new studio? Hopefully all is well.
Hi, Yes all is going good. I have been busy testing, It is so good to hear music in this place

The live room sounds amazing with acoustic instruments, drums, sax, guitars etc. Have not recorded anything in the iso room yet...

The control room is better than I thought it would be.. it is pretty flat,. you can walk around the room and the frequency does not change much. It is just louder the closer you get to the speakers,. but no bass build up or loss of bass anywhere in the room.

I will post some pics...
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for Jesus

Hi all ,.. sorry for the long time since I posted,... super busy

Last week we got the Air Con installed,. now we are able to work in the live room.

Here are some pics of the finished rooms.

Praise God that all the rooms sound amazing and all the gear is working well

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-air-con.jpg
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-control-room-1.jpg
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-control-room-2.jpg
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-live-room-1.jpg
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-live-room-2.jpg
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-iso-1.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-control-room-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-control-room-2.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-live-room-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-live-room-2.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-iso-1.jpg  

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-air-con.jpg  
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for Jesus

Just got a replacement woofer for my NS10s today ! I installed fuses on the tweets and the woofers. It only takes me 1 second to blow them,.. then 5 weeks in shipping from to get another.
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-yamaha-ns10-fusse.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-yamaha-ns10-fusse.jpg  
Old 20th May 2018
Gear Nut

Dear Steve,

the crucial piece of information concerning NS10-tweeters is that this happens mostly because the driving amplifier is not powerful enough. Since I started running my NS-10s with a strong amp, I have never had a blown tweeter.

Hopefully this helps! And your studio looks great, congratulations!

bojan
Old 20th May 2018
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan_1 View Post
Dear Steve,

the crucial piece of information concerning NS10-tweeters is that this happens mostly because the driving amplifier is not powerful enough. Since I started running my NS-10s with a strong amp, I have never had a blown tweeter.

Hopefully this helps! And your studio looks great, congratulations!

bojan
Hi, Thank you and I totally agree,.. I have always used a Adcom 545 moded by Jim Williams, I used it at my last studio Creation in CA and never popped a tweet or driver.

I have the same setup at my new studio... But all the tweets and woofs that blew were My Fault.. and happened even before I opened the studio..
Both times it was a Loud 'Pop' or signal when I hit the 'wrong' button... :( I have never toasted one while listening to music.

I will still get some spares considering my luck in the past few months

Old 3rd June 2018
Lives for Jesus

Studio Website Is Up

I have been super busy working on the website. Let me know your thoughts...

https://inspirationrecording.com/

Old 4th June 2018
SRS
Lives for gear

Website is looking nice, as well as the studio. On the website, on the "Music Ministry" page, I would definitely change this line "Producing and recording Christian artists that can not afford to go to a real studio." I would call your studio a "real" studio no doubt. Don't sell yourself short.
Old 4th June 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS View Post
Website is looking nice, as well as the studio. On the website, on the "Music Ministry" page, I would definitely change this line "Producing and recording Christian artists that can not afford to go to a real studio." I would call your studio a "real" studio no doubt. Don't sell yourself short.
Agreed, and there's another thing elsewhere about Discounted Rates; I wouldn't do that either because it suggests that nobody has to pay retail, which is already beyond reasonable.

As for, "Producing and recording Christian artists that can not afford to go to a real studio," maybe something along the lines of "... Producing and recording Christian artists affordably." "Affordably" being a sliding scale depending on who's doing the affording, and whether you feel they're doing something worth doing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search