The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for Jesus

Ok so I had a detour form the construction for a couple weeks...

To have a BABY Girl named Stella ..

She had a hard start to this life,. my wife Cindy had to have a C section at the last moment because she had a high fever and infection that was passed on to baby... so sad, baby Stella had to be in the hospital for 5 days and on antibiotics shots 2 times a day for 10 days.
But her and mom are doing much better now. Praise God!

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-baby2.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-baby1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-baby2.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-baby1.jpg  
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for Jesus

Ok,.. Back to the Construction

Before the 2 week break we finished a section of the Top Beam and finished all the Column Footings and poured a couple more columns.. Monday we will start to finish up the last of the columns then build the frame and forms for the last section of the Beam.

Before I post the construction pics... Here is the crew, these 5 guys are hard workers with Big hearts. Most contractors here use more than 10 guys for this kind of building,.. but I don't have the budget for that many.
And when it comes to the inside work and acoustical work I will be doing most of it by myself.

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-guys.jpg

And I had to get in the pic

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-guys-me.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-guys.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-guys-me.jpg  
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for Jesus

Mixing the concrete and loading up the buckets for the Beam

Mix the cement,... Fill the buckets,... Cary the buckets,... Pull the rope,... Dump the buckets,... Repeat....

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-1-cement-beam.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-2-cfb.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-3.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-1-cement-beam.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-2-cfb.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-3.jpg  
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for Jesus

All the cement gets hauled up to the top in buckets... That's my job.. to pull the rope Not too hard for the first 1/2 hour... hahah then gravity is not my friend.

The guys had to take over pulling the rope while I took pics and got a break... hahah

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-4.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-5.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-6.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-4.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-5.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-6.jpg  
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for Jesus

This section of the Beam is done ! It has set for 3 weeks now,. Monday we will remove the forms and start building the forms for the beam on the other side of the building.

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-8.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-9.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-10.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-7-beam-done.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-8.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-9.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-10.jpg  
Old 13th October 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
Ok so I had a detour form the construction for a couple weeks...

To have a BABY Girl named Stella ..

She had a hard start to this life,. my wife Cindy had to have a C section at the last moment because she had a high fever and infection that was passed on to baby... so sad, baby Stella had to be in the hospital for 5 days and on antibiotics shots 2 times a day for 10 days.
But her and mom are doing much better now. Praise God!

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-baby2.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-baby1.jpg

Awesome Steve!!!! Stella is beautiful.

Oh,,,,,and the studio is looking great too.
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for Jesus

Working hard to finish up the last 5 Columns !

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-11-making-columns.jpg

This is my job... cutting all the rebar stirrups for the columns and beam. And i have to grind each end to remove the sharp barbs.

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-12-my-job.jpg

Richard my forman,. He is bending the stirrups with our 'High Tech' bending machine... hahahh

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-13-richard-making-sturips.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-14.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-11-making-columns.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-12-my-job.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-13-richard-making-sturips.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-14.jpg  
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for Jesus

I think its harder to post pics than building this... It takes me like 5 try's to get a pic to upload as an attachment... Its probably my internet here...

Here the guys are setting one of the last 5 columns

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-16.jpg

As of today these columns are all set and a few are formed and poured. Monday we will start working to finish all the columns. Then on to the finish the Beam.

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-15.jpg

More pics soon..
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-15.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-16.jpg  
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Awesome Steve!!!! Stella is beautiful.

Oh,,,,,and the studio is looking great too.
Thanks drBill she's had a hard life so far,.. but its getting much better. In that pic she's only 1 day old,. she looks much better now Praise God!
Old 13th October 2016
Lives for Jesus

Comments are welcome and encouraged

For more information you can checkout the studio FB page

Inspiration Recording Studio Facebook Page

Difference Between ADC PJ716 and ADC PJ714 Patch Cords-logo-38-custom-2-.jpg

Old 14th October 2016
Lives for gear

Congrats on the baby, awesome! I know the struggles of trying to do something like that overseas, hang in there!
Old 17th October 2016
Lives for gear

Congrats on the baby. Our son arrived on 9/21 and my studio build has stalled a bit.
Old 2nd November 2016
Lives for Jesus

Lots of Progress to report.

We finished this section of the Top Beam and finished pouring all the Columns.

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-beam-section-done-1.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-bsd-2.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-bsd-3.jpg

Now we move all the wood to frame the forms for the final Beam section.
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-bsd-3.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-beam-section-done-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-bsd-2.jpg  
Old 2nd November 2016
Lives for Jesus

Framing the Final Columns and Beam. So glad to be at this point !
... More

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-framing-beam-section-1.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-fbs-2.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-fbs-3.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-fbs-3.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-framing-beam-section-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-fbs-2.jpg  

Last edited by stevep; 2nd November 2016 at 08:36 AM..
Old 2nd November 2016
Lives for Jesus

Pouring the last section of the Beam !!

After this the frame for the building will be done ! and work should be easier until we start the roof....

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-final-beam-pouring-1.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-fbp-2.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-fbp-3.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-fbp-3.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-final-beam-pouring-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-fbp-2.jpg  
Old 2nd November 2016
Lives for Jesus

All 16 Columns and the Beam are DONE !!

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-beam-complete-1.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-bc-2.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-beam-complete-w-truck.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-beam-complete-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-bc-2.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-beam-complete-w-truck.jpg  
Old 2nd November 2016
Lives for Jesus

Time for some fresh Coconut Juice (BUKO Juice). But someone has to climb the tree...

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-buko.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-buko-2-edit.jpg

Here is Rudy... he is the man in charge of the buildings and grounds at the Bible college and he is a big help to me during the studio construction.

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-rudy.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-buko-2-edit.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-buko.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-rudy.jpg  
Old 2nd November 2016
Lives for Jesus

After we finished pouring the Beam the Concrete Blocks arrived...
I sent the guys home early... so I had to help unload 500 blocks... my arms were jello after pulling the rope with buckets of concrete up to pour the beam... but then had to help unload the blocks... lol

Note on wall construction:
The holes in the 4" Blocks will all be filled with cement and then a 1" layer of plaster on both sides.

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-chb.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-chb.jpg  
Old 2nd November 2016
Lives for Jesus

Wall Footings
Monday we started on the wall footings.. We will complete this around the perimeter and then build the interior partition wall footings.

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-footing-4.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-footing-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-footing-2.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-footing-3.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-footing-4.jpg  
Old 2nd November 2016
Lives for Jesus

Building Frame is Done !!

Here is a view of the finished building frame. It gives a good idea of the size of the studio building.
We will remove the wood forms after the beam has 'set' for 3 weeks.

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-frame-done-1.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-frame-done-2.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-frame-done-3.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-frame-done-4.jpg
This has been a lot of hard work so far... Praise God for providing and for strength and wisdom as we build this studio.

Looking forward to doing 'studio type' construction work and to be finished with the building.

I'm even looking forward to soldering 25 pin Dsubs, mic cables,. etc.. hahahha and commissioning the console. I will make many Dsubs as the D&R Octagon doesn't use DL/Edac connectors.
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-frame-done-1.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-frame-done-2.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-frame-done-3.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-frame-done-4.jpg  
Old 2nd November 2016
Gear Guru

AWESOME Steve!! Thanks for the picture update. Looking very nice. Glad the frame is finally up and finished.

How is Stella?
Old 5th November 2016
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
AWESOME Steve!! Thanks for the picture update. Looking very nice. Glad the frame is finally up and finished.

How is Stella?
Thanks for asking drBill We have been super busy with moving to a new apartment close to the Bible college,. its walking distance! answered prayer!
More construction pics later today... here is the Perkins Family, baby is getting bigger

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-perkins-family.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-photogrid_1476514904664.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-photogrid_1476514904664.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-perkins-family.jpg  
Old 5th November 2016
Gear Guru

AWESOME!!!!
Old 5th November 2016
Lives for gear

Hi Steve..

Does the tropics humidity play a role in the timing of setting concrete?

The premise of a well set and cured concrete slab or arrogant relies on the expulsion of moisture to ensure concrete cancer don't set into the Rio rods inside.

I know from my experiences in commercial construction it's quite a challenge and dry environments are suited best. In some place in Europe for example where it's often both wet and damp in the air Slabs are cast in summer and left to cure in the dry and warmer weather.

More curious than anything as I spent a year out in Singapore working and the humidity there is off the scale so given you're on the same kind of paralell was interested to see if this was a construction factor.

Eagerly awaiting more pics..

Can you share plans?

Wiggy
Old 5th November 2016
Lives for Jesus

Wall Footings

The exterior wall footings are almost done,.. only a few feet left to do on Monday and then on to the Live Room / Control Room block wall footing.

These blocks are 4x8x16" and the holes are completely filled with concrete and will get 1" of plaster on each side.

The Concrete Floor will be 4" below the top row of blocks. Its elevated because of the heavy rain and flooding we can get here.

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02199.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02200.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02213.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02217.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02199.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02200.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02213.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02217.jpg  
Old 5th November 2016
Lives for Jesus

Almost done with the footings...

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02214.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02215.jpg

INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02216.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02214.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02215.jpg   INSPIRATION Recording Studio - Philippines - SteveP Studio Construction Thread-dsc02216.jpg  
Old 5th November 2016
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
Hi Steve..

Does the tropics humidity play a role in the timing of setting concrete?

The premise of a well set and cured concrete slab or arrogant relies on the expulsion of moisture to ensure concrete cancer don't set into the Rio rods inside.

I know from my experiences in commercial construction it's quite a challenge and dry environments are suited best. In some place in Europe for example where it's often both wet and damp in the air Slabs are cast in summer and left to cure in the dry and warmer weather.

More curious than anything as I spent a year out in Singapore working and the humidity there is off the scale so given you're on the same kind of paralell was interested to see if this was a construction factor.

Eagerly awaiting more pics..

Can you share plans?

Wiggy
Hi Wiggy, Thanks for the question,.. I don't know the technical details about the curing and humidity... I know we had to keep the bottom form supports under the Top Beam for 3 weeks. And Its always about 90% humidity here...lol I don't know if we have any option but pour and hope for no rain.. I don't see many cracks in the slabs that have been here for many years... so they must have something figured out

I would like to use a Acid Stained concrete floor in the live room.. but im not sure if I can make that work.

Anyone have experience on a DIY Acid Stained Concrete Floor ?

As for the Plans,. I did post some 'basic' Sketchup drawings... Do you want to see the Blue Print Plans ? im happy to post them. (there are no Acoustical wall plans in the Blue Prints.. just the structure for the building permits)
Old 5th November 2016
Lives for gear

I saw the earlier ones so that'll suffice.

Are you doing the interior accostic and aesthetics yourself?
Old 5th November 2016
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
I saw the earlier ones so that'll suffice.

Are you doing the interior accostic and aesthetics yourself?
Yes,. ! I Cant Wait

I love that part of studio construction,. And I love the Audio wiring, Console commissioning etc...

I will do all the interior work myself, probably have a guy or two helping me on the hard parts.. like lifting Hardiflex 16ft high,...lol we don't have a drywall lift here so I have to improvise.

In the Live Room the walls will not be like the Sketchup drawings,.. I will build out some Angled walls filled with 703 and covered with wood to keep that live sound. I will do my best to not have parallel surfaces. The Ceiling is angled. My biggest challenge is soundproofing the ceiling from the heavy rain we get here.
Old 5th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
Anyone have experience on a DIY Acid Stained Concrete Floor ?
I'm considering doing this in one of my smaller rooms instead of putting down wood. I've been reading over all the options and came across this recently, really digging the idea and it looks fairly easy.

Paper Bag Floors – A Tutorial — Domestic Imperfection

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search