The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Hippocratic Mastering - MyRoom Acoustics (Boggy) build
Old 26th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynngraber View Post
How did you end up finishing the ceiling? Is there any sort of moisture barrier on the back side of the insulation you used?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "back side" - between the diffusers/wooden cladding (at the sides and front/back where there are no diffusers) and the insulation there are three layers of frost fleece - the same stuff you'd use in a garden in cold weather.

I inserted not extra moisture barrier between the top of the insulation and the tiled roof, as the roof was already covered with thick canvas type material when I bought the building.
Old 26th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocratic Mastering View Post
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "back side" - between the diffusers/wooden cladding (at the sides and front/back where there are no diffusers) and the insulation there are three layers of frost fleece - the same stuff you'd use in a garden in cold weather.

I inserted not extra moisture barrier between the top of the insulation and the tiled roof, as the roof was already covered with thick canvas type material when I bought the building.

So essentially the room "leaks" into the attick/loft space? Do you notice any issues with temperature or humidity control in your room?

Just curious because my current room has an 8 ft ceiling. It's not terrible acoustically, but I've been thinking of opening the drywall up as you did. There is nothing above cept void. I've been up there, it gets hella hot in the summer. Don't want that to get into my room below or cause unwanted condensation, or worse, mold.
Old 27th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynngraber View Post
So essentially the room "leaks" into the attick/loft space? Do you notice any issues with temperature or humidity control in your room?

Just curious because my current room has an 8 ft ceiling. It's not terrible acoustically, but I've been thinking of opening the drywall up as you did. There is nothing above cept void. I've been up there, it gets hella hot in the summer. Don't want that to get into my room below or cause unwanted condensation, or worse, mold.
Hi,

I don't have any problems with temperature or humidity - the room is obviously massively insulated, and I have both mechanical heat recovery ventilation and air conditioning.

When I'm running my A/C on the quietest mode it can struggle to heat the room, but it's still not that cold on a winter's day like today. If I put the A/C on a higher powered, louder mode I'd have no trouble at all. I only need to run the cooling on the very hottest summer days, which admittedly isn't that hot over here (about 25-6 degrees C).

Tom
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

Cool man, thanks for the response. This is encouraging information. It may be cheaper than I thought to raise the roof.
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Thanks for sharing
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Addict
Did you ever get any photos of the totally finished build?

Just read through the whole thing and it looks fantastic. If I were you I'd put some photos on your website also, it's nice to see you're working in a professional environment etc and it's a shame that it's not plastered all over your site lol

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search