The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany Saturation Plugins
Old 1st February 2016
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany

Finally I start with my own thread here, after following all your amazing stuff

As we started the hole building-thing in May 2015 I start right away with some pictures.

The empty new room has about 35qm and is 2,7m high.
I know this is not a lot but this is all we get for now, as we are pretty happy with the place we are right.
The controll-room stays the some for now, and we keep concentrating on the tracking room to finish as soon as possible, knowing it might take some years, as we have to get the money in, first.

So here are some pics of what the room was looking like before:
1) the old small tracking room
2) a view from the future iso-booth
3) a view from the future big-room
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-0before1.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-prebau1.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-prebau2.jpg  
Old 1st February 2016
To seperate us from our neighbor we started building a brickwall and tearing down the walls
the last pic shows the empty room
This all happened in June 2015
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-1wall1.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-1wall2.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-1wall3.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-3destroying1.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-3destroying2.jpg  

New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-3destroying3.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-4empty1.jpg  
Old 1st February 2016
As the walls of the new room won't be parallel we had to build a small brickwall.
After this, we started collecting some material.
We were pretty happy to have some very supportive people.
Also Vicoustic is a great company to work with. They will provide all the acoustic and isolation-materials.

Pic 4 and 5 shows a rendering of the future studio
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-6material.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-6material2.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-6material3.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-0render1.png   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-0render2.png  

Old 1st February 2016
In November 2015 we finally started building the studio up again
We mostly worked on the Iso-Booth and some walls.
The ceiling will have to wait, till the climatic system and the final power-supply-wiring will be done.
To to get there we will have to make some money first.
So this is the room, we are currently working in, and to be honest, it works fine.
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-7booth1.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-7booth2.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-7booth4.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-7booth5.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-7booth6.jpg  

New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-7build3.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-8part1.jpg  
Old 1st February 2016
Lives for gear

Wow, that looks great so far! I'll be keeping an eye on this one, European builds are always fun

Dutchy
Old 3rd February 2016
In September we did a small concert in the big empty room.
That was quite fun
Old 26th September 2016
Some more pics from our building-action last year
Not long till we will go on
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0177.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0187.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0191.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0194.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0220.jpg  

New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0221.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0244.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0240.jpg  
Old 19th November 2016
Lives for gear

Did you actually finish the iso booth by now, how did it work out, does it "isolate"? The construction looks like the spring/foam could be underloaded... did you calculate it?
Old 22nd November 2016
Hey rasmus. No it's not finished yet. we're still waiting for the money for a climatique-system.
Actually I hope it works fine. It's been calculated for us, so I guess it's fine.
What you don't see there is, that we filled the floor with concret, so it's pretty heavy by now.
Hopefully next year we will make the next big building step.
Old 23rd November 2016
Lives for gear

I'm no expert, i'm just very curious cause the construction looks very different than the ones i've seen so far and very different from the one we did in my studio. Does the concrete floor have contact to the whole rubber stuff or just to the black pieces?
Compared to the way we build our floor it just looks like a huge area of contact.
I attached a picture where you see the foam, the rockwool to dampen the resonance and the steel decks where the concrete is poured on top.

Did you test if it vibrates properly? Maybe have a friend jump around on the floated floor and see if you can feel the vibration on the non floated floor...
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-schwingboden-1.jpg  
Old 6th January 2017
@ rasmus : This is stuff by vicoustic. They supplied us with a manual how to set everything up, and we trust them. The floor lies on these black pieces. The green rubber is only there, for damping the waves that might happen between the floors. And yes we tested it, and it works fine Hope it works fine in the end, though.

As getting the airsupply and climatic-system an stuff got a bit more expensive, the next big step might have to wait till end of this year. So we decided to pimp the current situation a bit. And yes, a bit of white paint helps wonders
Old 11th January 2017
Here some pics during the work
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0397.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0395.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0393.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0392.jpg  
Old 8th March 2017
Quick update before I can post some new pictures hopefully.
The last days have been quiet stressful. In two weeks we will get our upright piano and some new racks for the control-room.
Also there is a meeting about new spaces for lounge and a new closer toilette.
I'll keep you updated.
Old 10th March 2017
Today I started rebuilding the acoustics of the control-room. My father-in-law dismantled one radiator yesterday, so we will fill this space with absorbers next week.
With the rockwoll I build a bassabsorber in the corner. (picture 1)
The same bass-absorber will be build next week as well on the righthand side.

The meeting with the landlord went well, yesterday. So we are looking forward getting about 35 squaremeters of space for a lounge, a toilet and a big hallway where we will put some instruments and stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0583.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0585.jpg  
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for Jesus

Looking Great ! more pics
Old 21st March 2017
Gear Maniac

You know, I love that you have structured this project as long-term, content to proceed at a steady pace because that's what your budget allows.
That requires patience, a rare commodity in these days of instant gratification.
I hope your studio turns out exactly as you have hoped - you deserve it.
All best,
John
Old 22nd March 2017
Yesterday the new racks have been delivered. I wasn't sure about where to deliver them to, so there are now two big packages in my livingroom.
After I recieved the racks I went in the studio to prepare everything so that we can bring in the racks and a new(old) couch for the controlroom

Next step will be to replace the table with a new custommade worktop in the same colour as the racks.

The fabric on the wall is an acoustic-fabric. Behind there are absobers to give us a dead-end-live-end controlroom. The crosssections will be covered with wooden bars later. Diffusors will follow on the backwall as well.
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0642.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0643.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0644.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0645.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0648.jpg  

New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0649.jpg  
Old 23rd March 2017
The next days will be "wiring it all up"
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0660.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0659.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0658.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0653.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0652.jpg  

New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0651.jpg  

Last edited by the Lob; 28th March 2017 at 10:34 AM..
Old 2nd April 2017
And here we go. Last building-thing for a while we hope... This will be a transitional solution and we will focus on the isobooth first.
Started framing the ceilling and finishing two small walls
We already installed a pipe, which will be the pipe for cables to the booth. Lets see if we connect it right now or not. (I have no interest in soldering again :P )
Next day - next pics
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0666.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0667.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0668.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0671.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0672.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2017
Just some pics from today
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0689.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0685.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0690.jpg  
Old 4th April 2017
And another day
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0695.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0696.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0698.jpg  
Old 8th April 2017
All the plasterboards are on the ceiling. So now we have to fill it all up and paint it.
As you can see we tried to have as many parts not-parallel as possible. The one straight side has a pipe behind it and the other side was too tricky to build in another way.
Already the room sounds nice. Even way nicer than the previous state.
Looking forward to have a finished tracking-room by next week.
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0712.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0716.jpg  
Old 8th April 2017
Lives for Jesus

I like the angles Glad it sounds better .. Looks cool too
Old 23rd May 2017
Sometimes things happen at the wrong time and all you can do is handle it
That pretty much describes our current situation.
In the next weeks our studio will be bigger by about 25sqm. These will include a small kitchen/lounge and a new bathroom.
As we have to use a toillet in the staircase, at the moment, we are really in need of our own bathroom.
So far so good. Today was the meeting with our landlord, and everything is arranged well. But now there is a new project to take care of and new bills to be payed.
We will be starting a crowdfunding-campagne the next few days to get done as much things as possible.
On the picture you can see the new plan of our studio. (sorry, it's a in german)
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-crowdfunding-plan1.png  
Old 24th May 2017
Lives for Jesus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Lob View Post
Sometimes things happen at the wrong time and all you can do is handle it
That pretty much describes our current situation.
In the next weeks our studio will be bigger by about 25sqm. These will include a small kitchen/lounge and a new bathroom.
As we have to use a toillet in the staircase, at the moment, we are really in need of our own bathroom.
So far so good. Today was the meeting with our landlord, and everything is arranged well. But now there is a new project to take care of and new bills to be payed.
We will be starting a crowdfunding-campagne the next few days to get done as much things as possible.
On the picture you can see the new plan of our studio. (sorry, it's a in german)
the work never ends,... hahahah
Old 31st May 2017
I hope it's fine to do a bit of add for our crowdfunding-campagne? (if not I will delete this post right away)

Sorry it's all in german, but maybe some of you understand.
We try to fund as much stuff as possible. The first 3k € will go straight to the craftsman building the new seperation-wall, next one is the bathroom,...
Would be awesome if you check our startnext-side

https://www.startnext.com/obscure-music-studio-ausbau

If you have some questions about it, just ask :D
Old 6th June 2017
Just a little update
Yesterday I was able to visit the new rooms.
On the darker picture you see a concrete support on the ceilling. This is roughly where the new wall to our new neighbour will be.
The door you see on this picture will move to the left. So in front of the windows will be the bathroom. The room right of it will be the kitchen/lounge.
On the other picture you see the wall next to our tracking-room. The wall where the wheel is mounted will leave.
Today we meet with the craftsmen to arrange the events for the wall-building-stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-img_3988.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-img_3989.jpg  
Old 11th June 2017
So yesterday the craftman started with building the wall to our new neighbour und setting up some pipes for the bath and the kitchen.
I was extremly curios on how everything turns out, so I went there yesterday evening. They were just finishing the day.
Then there was the following conversation:
Carftman: "so here you have your sewer"
Me: "and where is the fresh water?"
Craftman: looking at each other... "We are doing this on monday"

I was laughing so hard. Everything will turn out well. I hope.
So I will be in the studio tomorrow and watch what these guys are doing. The wall looks great though, and the radiator for the future bath is placed well.
Monday will be the next update.
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-19073358_10214111586970209_334069188_o.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-19125888_10214111586890207_1334884996_o.jpg  
Old 13th June 2017
Yesterday been a physicly hard day for me, as I teared down this wall by myself
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0993.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_0992.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_1000.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_1002.jpg  
Old 4th August 2017
While working on two bigger mixing-projects we try and go on with our building stuff.

In a few days all the pluming will be made by my father-in-law, so it won't be long till we'll have our own bathroom in the studio. F***ing finaly

Meanwhile the kitchen/lounge is a great big mess, but will get cleaner soon.

Hopefully end of this month everything will look way more finished.
Don't know if we manage to get the tiles done that soon, but we'll buy them the next days anyway.

The white little device on the last picture is a lift-system. As we are below ground we'll need that.

Looking forward to the next steps
Attached Thumbnails
New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_1196.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_1197.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_1198.jpg   New tracking room - Obscure Music Studio Frankfurt Germany-dsc_1199.jpg  
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search