The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
2 car garage Mixing Room
Old 6th April 2018
Deleted User
That's awesome! I just checked out sonorworks and I like what I see. Thanks for the info. Once I get setup, I will use their free trial and let the dogs out. Again, great build!
Old 15th April 2018
Here for the gear

Hey, Baslotto! First off, this is amazing! This was a hell of a find to help me solidify my plans for my studio space. So, thank you! That being said, I'm curious what the STC rating of the room is related to the outside of your home? I ask because as much as I'd love to build the room-in-a-room concept, I'm aware it's far more cost-effective to do what you did. I'm just curious what kind of dB you're working with. Especially when it pertains to tracking Drums in your space. Thanks again!
Old 15th April 2018
Here for the gear

First, thank you for this! Extremely helpful for the plans I have for my space. My initial plan was room-in-a-room and yours would be my plan B. But the more I look at this plan, the more this seems completely feasible. I am curious what dBs you're getting outside of your space? Particularly when it pertains to tracking drums. Any information would be very helpful! Thanks!
Old 30th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashwalker View Post
First, thank you for this! Extremely helpful for the plans I have for my space. My initial plan was room-in-a-room and yours would be my plan B. But the more I look at this plan, the more this seems completely feasible. I am curious what dBs you're getting outside of your space? Particularly when it pertains to tracking drums. Any information would be very helpful! Thanks!
Sorry I didn't see this post until now! And thank you for asking.

I don't recommend tracking drums in such a small place but when I have to I can barely hear the drums outside during the day and I prefer to stop tracking drums around 10 PM to avoid problems with the neighborhood.

In general I can play music as loud as I want for anything else at any time of the day, nothing will transfer to the neighbors.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Great room, thanks for sharing! I am about to embark on a similar project so this has been very inspiring!

The one difference for me is I will need the option of playing drums late at night...you mentioned not doing this after 10pm...does this build really leak that much? It looks pretty airtight to me so I was surprised to hear you mention that.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what was your budget for this project?

Thanks again!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Hi J! Thank you for your words!
So I did track drums in here several times and with great results. In total honesty the studio is pretty soundproof but drums are extremely loud as an instrument so I would be comfortable playing drums if I did the whole ceiling like I did the vocal booth. The kick low frequencies travel into the ground reaching my house which is about 15 yards away.
I have neighbors a little closer to the studio and my number one goal was to be able to play music as loud and frequently as I wanted, so to avoid any inconvenience with my sweet neighbors I prefer to avoid playing drums after a certain time at night.
I ended up investing around $30k including the AC split system which according to the acoustician I hired was going to be the heftiest gadget in the build, but definitely vital. That covered the contractor’s fees too, not just the materials.

Please feel free to reach out any time and I’ll provide any info I can!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search