The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Big sweet sound with a tube-like air, the DRS series mic pre / DI will soak your audio in awesomeness! Following on from the huge success of the DRS-2, 2 channel microphone pre-amplifier/DI, Phoenix Audio have released the single channel, half rack-width, mono Pre/DIThe DRS-1 Mic-Pre/DI uses our well proven and loved Class A output stage (DSOP-2), but also has our latest breakthrough in transformerless Class A, Discrete Mic Input Technology which gives a "valve-like" sound. It also incorporates our high input impedance DI circuitry.Phoenix Audio The DRS-1 Specifications 1U half rack space unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch Class A (TF1) Output specs. Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB, Maximum Output = +26dBu @ 1kHz, Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz. Output connections: XLR's and TSR 1/4" Jack on rear Phoenix Audios unique Class A, transformerless, True balanced Mic input stage. Microphone inputs: XLR's on Front and Rear Panels Individual Earth Lift: Push-button Switches Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader. Gain reduction: -20dB pad push-button switch (Mic input) High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4" Jack on front panel Gain Meter: LED Metering. (Green = 0dB, Red= +8dB, corresponding to 4 and 6 on a PPM Meter). Phantom Power: Switchable phantom on Push-button Switche High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz Frequency Response: DI Input Stage: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, - 0.5dB @ 25kHz Typical Headroom: +24dB on Mic-Pre stage DI Stage gain: Maximum of 20dB *

Discussions

Philosophies About Recording/Gear and Gear Purchase Help!!!

...all think. The things I've been thinking of upgrading: Mic preamps: I'm looking at the Great River ME-1NV and the Phoenix DRS-1 (I plan on buying both, so I would have two channels/flavors) I've heard these on The Listening Sessions and put the Phoenix in my top three every time in a blind test....

View Post

Recommend an acoustic?

...real decent and fun to play. An Epiphone 500 dread that was really solid. I had a Martin DRS-1 that I should have kept. That had a really nice sound for such a inexpensive guitar. I also have a Blueridge BR-70 that is pretty decent. Looks great..they copied a Martin...

View Post

Recommendation for 500 Series Preamps

Clean: Grace M501 AEA RPQ500 True Systems PT2-500D Now this suggestion is not so "clean" as the aforementioned suggestions but this unit is so thorough, you can run your current pres throughs this 500 due to it having a line level stage as well. I need 12 more of these. :lol: AWTAC-Awesome Channel Amplifier This will more than suit your needs...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?