The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cannabis and music (thread for partokers only)
Old 25th August 2019
Kids can do all kind of stupid things. Not long ago some kids were hospitalized for 'Wasping' a new trend in which kids are inhaling the fumes of wasp killer!

https://rare.us/rare-news/across-the...ng-drug-trend/

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundebler View Post
Yuh and graphic design do seem very skilled artist that not everybody can do

When i where kid people asked me what drugs i used , i say i do no drugs but play keyboard Little weed can do no harm and you see kids of today that are not allowed to buy weed yet taking whip cream air capsules , that is not safe .

The dog is from Cheese and Chong , lost due incompetence , very cool sound in there music .

Old 25th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Kids can do all kind of stupid things. Not long ago some kids were hospitalized for 'Wasping' a new trend in which kids are inhaling the fumes of wasp killer!

There is nothing that keep kids away from trying things
Old 25th August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Yes, and apparently common sense is not doing the trick.
Old 25th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, apart from
Old 25th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Yes, and apparently common sense is not doing the trick.
Humans have always sought to alter their consciousness through intoxication (and music); factual information and unadulterated materials are necessary for safe use.
Cannabinoids have been around a lot longer than humans; even animals and plants have specific receptors. Cannabis was not an issue on the British Isles until early 70's when it was criminalised; all the problems started then.

I think a small % of the population have a genetic contraindication for cannabis use; like an allergy. It is likely these individuals had ancestors who evolved in a cannabis-less environment.
Old 25th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post

It might help if you ever get a wasp stuck up your nose. You can't discount that...
Old 25th August 2019
Anyone wanna buy some 'bees'?
Old 26th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
Anyone wanna buy some 'bees'?
Try a bullet ant! I hear you can actually buy one, specially in a small plastic test tube. Someone had a colony of those in Texas.

Worst sting...ever. I'm in Australia so have no idea what it feels like but we have "blue ant" wingless wasps and boy do they hurt quite a lot - been stung 3 times.
Old 26th August 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Maybe, but it might have been an important tool in helping him train.

It helps me when I run, and work out.

Both of which I found much more difficult and boring during a period when I was abstaining.
Michael phelps is a bad example. He has some weird genetic thing where it's like he has natural EPO. Also swimming, running, etc are dumb sports that require almost no skill, it's all about horsepower. But take the diaz brothers or mike tyson, and they have fought and won stoned. Nick Diaz had 6 times the allowed limit when he fought a guy named gomi, and finished him with a crazy rare and creative submission called a "gogoplata"

BTW, Michael Phelps almost committed suicide, but he is glad he didn't because otherwise he would have been pissed.
Old 1st September 2019
Question for the experts. How do you tell when cannabis plants have reached their peak potency and are ready to be harvested?

Asking for a friend.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9xSound View Post
Question for the experts. How do you tell when cannabis plants have reached their peak potency and are ready to be harvested?

Asking for a friend.
Did you figure it out? Probable lots of info if you google it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Asking for a friend.
I used to use a Radio Shack 30x illuminated microscope to look at the THC crystals, and just as they were turning slightly amber was peak potency.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
I used to use a Radio Shack 30x illuminated microscope to look at the THC crystals, and just as they were turning slightly amber was peak potency.
Cool! Great advice! Thank you. I'll let my friend know at once to look for the THC crystals to be turning slightly amber. Awesome. Hopefully a mere magnifying glass of medium-large size will be adequate since I know he doesn't have a Radio Shack 30x illuminated microscope, and isn't going to get one.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Awesome. Hopefully a mere magnifying glass of medium-large size will be adequate since I know he doesn't have a Radio Shack 30x illuminated microscope, and isn't going to get one.
They're dirt cheap, like around $10.
https://www.amazon.com/SE-MW10084-LE...6JESKTQNYEK648
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
LOL! I am so out of it. I still have the idea that a microscope is a bulky device for looking at amoeba in science classes. I think I can bust out the ten bucks for that. I might even have a few other uses for it. Thanks, man.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Apologies if I'm taking this conversation off track, but it does relate to those that partake in gunja/dope/weed/mary jane/spliffs/grandmas apricot jam/etc... (please feel welcome to add to the list.

Well, it hasn't happen to me yet, but in the state of Victoria Australia, if you get pulled over by the Cops, they can subject you to a "breathalyzer" to check if you have had too much alcohol (0.05) is the limit here. This is fair enough. I don't want drunk people hurtling down the road at great speed

Also, they have the "lolly pop stick" to test if you are on other drugs. Mostly for ICE etc.

Fair call too. I don't want anybody sailing down the road at great speed in an armchair on wheels off their face. No sirrr...eeee!!!

However, it has come to my attention that, for example, I smoked a joint at a party on the weekend, then got pulled over on a Wednesday and did the lollypop test, there is every chance that THC will be detected, and a severe loss of driving license for 6 months could apply. WTF???!!!

According to the law here:
Attached Images
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I use a similar device (field microscope); highly-recommended for education and quality-control.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search