The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cannabis and music (thread for partokers only)
Old 16th August 2019
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

In the 60s they used amphetamine and barbiturate combos. Totally different to today's drugs.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbital View Post
In the 60s they used amphetamine and barbiturate combos. Totally different to today's drugs.
"Drop your reds, drop your greens and blues..."
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Charles Whitman was apparently on Dexedrine when he decided to go on a (human) hunting spree in 1966.

Dexedrine

Quote:
Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: signs of blood flow problems in the fingers or toes (such as coldness, numbness, pain, or skin color changes), unusual wounds on the fingers or toes, mental/mood/behavior changes (such as agitation, aggression, mood swings, depression, hallucinations, abnormal thoughts/behavior, thoughts of suicide), uncontrolled movements, muscle twitching/shaking, outbursts of words/sounds, change in sexual ability/interest, swelling ankles/feet, extreme tiredness, significant unexplained weight loss, frequent/prolonged erections (in males).

Texas Tower shooting of 1966

Quote:
Sometime after midnight, Whitman went to his mother’s apartment, where he took her life. Returning home, he killed his wife at about 3:00 am on August 1, stabbing her as she slept. Again he paused to document his actions, though he wrote nothing about the events to come.

Later that morning, after expanding the small arsenal he had assembled by purchasing more guns and ammunition, Whitman loaded his weapons (including an M-1 carbine, a hunting rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, several pistols, a machete, and knives), along with a bevy of other supplies (food, bottled water, Dexedrine, Excedrin, deodorant, and a transistor radio among them), into a footlocker.
Quote:
In looking for other explanations for Whitman’s actions beyond the realm of his psychology, some observers pointed to his possession on the day of the shooting of Dexedrine, an amphetamine he was said to have habitually and copiously consumed.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cocaine was big in the 1920s.

Amphetamine was used through out the 40s and 50s - Benzedrine, or "bennies", used by all sorts of people from baseball players to jazz musicians.

...there's probably no point in time when people didn't want to get high.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Cocaine was big in the 1920s.

Amphetamine was used through out the 40s and 50s - Benzedrine, or "bennies", used by all sorts of people from baseball players to jazz musicians.

...there's probably no point in time when people didn't want to get high.
I would bet the farm that if any of these mass shooters were juicing raw veggies every day, even on the drugs, they'd love life way to much to end it. The problem with drugs like meth and heroin and alcohol, etc. are that they give you a false sense of well being, which in turn destroys your health nutritionally and physically. The drugs themselves are far less harmful than the nutritional deficiency they have as side effects, which cause rapid tolerance leading to heavier use, addiction, and even worse diet which causes a deadly cycle.

For example, my dentist, who likes to smoke weed, was telling me of his friend who does meth. His teeth like most meth heads are rotten, but he explained it's not due to the meth itself, meth does nothing to bone structure or teeth. It's the fact that when he does it, he drinks nothing but soda. People are so quick to blame drugs, when stuff like sugar is the real nasty killer poison

How about instead of using drugs to raise your serotonin, just eat healthy food, that's all it takes. But the food industry (who brainwashed everyone for decades that fat was bad for you and sugar was good) as well as the pharmaceutical industry rely on ****ing you up with bad food, making you sick, then feeding you drugs which mask the illness but make you sicker.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfiltered420 View Post
I would bet the farm that if any of these mass shooters were juicing raw veggies every day, even on the drugs, they'd love life way to much to end it. The problem with drugs like meth and heroin and alcohol, etc. are that they give you a false sense of well being, which in turn destroys your health nutritionally and physically. The drugs themselves are far less harmful than the nutritional deficiency they have as side effects, which cause rapid tolerance leading to heavier use, addiction, and even worse diet which causes a deadly cycle.

For example, my dentist, who likes to smoke weed, was telling me of his friend who does meth. His teeth like most meth heads are rotten, but he explained it's not due to the meth itself, meth does nothing to bone structure or teeth. It's the fact that when he does it, he drinks nothing but soda. People are so quick to blame drugs, when stuff like sugar is the real nasty killer poison

How about instead of using drugs to raise your serotonin, just eat healthy food, that's all it takes. But the food industry (who brainwashed everyone for decades that fat was bad for you and sugar was good) as well as the pharmaceutical industry rely on ****ing you up with bad food, making you sick, then feeding you drugs which mask the illness but make you sicker.
The biggest societal and workplace problem substance is alcohol, bar none, more so than all illegal drugs combined.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
The biggest societal and workplace problem substance is alcohol, bar none, more so than all illegal drugs combined.
And prohibition obviously didn't work, so I fail to understand why these idiots who banned other drugs, which don't cause as much harm, thought it would work?

"Follow the money" has always been my motto when questioning seemingly illogical and stupid legislative matters.

A VERY small number of people making a LOT of money from this ****...we are talking probably no more than 20 or 30 individuals, so we have to find out who they are and harass the living **** out of them.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpyter View Post
If FOX is right leaning propaganda and CNN is left leaning propaganda, I would place NPR even further to the left of CNN as not only propaganda but as a subversion of statistics and its subsequent analysis, judging by how often they misdirect blame/focus and even flatout lie about important details.

National Public Radio is privately owned, btw - even their name is a lie - very reminiscient of the mind control network as described in the novel 1984.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Funkentelechy vs. The Placebo Syndrome! Great album.

The bigger the headache, the bigger the pill.... How's your funk today??

On pot: tried it for a little while, late college, was best at that age for listening to music, and um. Also for reading difficult philosophy REALLY slowly. Great appetite enhancer. All well and good.

On antidepressants: depends on the person.

On mass murder: highest in the US. Correlated directly with too many guns in the country. Solution? Simple: take away ALL the guns. There are better hobbies. If you like the outdoors, hike. If you don't, synth.

On long-term use: naaah. Maybe occasionally, if legal, but balance in all things.

On girls: yes, they are hot in Florida. It's hot in Florida. They are cool in Minnesota. It is cooler there.

Have a nice week! All problems solved.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Cocaine, like marijuana, being easily derived from plants has been used for eons. Including among the many ingenuous peoples of the world. Without them randomly turning on their own.
Both substances when used excessively make people do strange/violent things.

Try smoking heavily all day then do a few bags of the good stuff and report back on how you feel.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
Both substances when used excessively make people do strange/violent things.

Try smoking heavily all day then do a few bags of the good stuff and report back on how you feel.
I like how you lumped "strange" in with violent. As if weed makes you violent, even if it makes you act strangely. Weed makes you much more averse to violence, unless of course you are Nick and Nate Diaz who fight for a living. Nate Diaz just beat a former UFC champ and was smoking a joint during the public open workouts before the fight.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I like how you lumped "strange" in with violent. As if weed makes you violent, even if it makes you act strangely. Weed makes you much more averse to violence, unless of course you are Nick and Nate Diaz who fight for a living. Nate Diaz just beat a former UFC champ and was smoking a joint during the public open workouts before the fight.
Thanks for that pointless fact.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Yes, and smoking pot sure turned Michael Phelps into a lazy bum as well.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, and smoking pot sure turned Michael Phelps into a lazy bum as well.
Yeah but for every Michael Phelps, there's a 100 Bridget Fonda characters from Jackie Brown.

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Yeah but for every Michael Phelps, there's a 100 Bridget Fonda characters from Jackie Brown.

And for those people, smoking pot is not the determining factor, but rather the result. If there was no pot, they would (and do) find other ways to drift off into uselessness.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
And for those people, smoking pot is not the determining factor, but rather the result. If there was no pot, they would (and do) find other ways to drift off into uselessness.
I would think the same for Michael Phelps - I would think he'd be just as fast with or without pot.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundebler View Post

I want some of that!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I would think the same for Michael Phelps - I would think he'd be just as fast with or without pot.
Maybe, but it might have been an important tool in helping him train.

It helps me when I run, and work out.

Both of which I found much more difficult and boring during a period when I was abstaining.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I want some of that!
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:

And prohibition obviously didn't work, so I fail to understand why these idiots who banned other drugs, which don't cause as much harm, thought it would work?

"Follow the money" has always been my motto when questioning seemingly illogical and stupid legislative matters.

A VERY small number of people making a LOT of money from this ****...we are talking probably no more than 20 or 30 individuals, so we have to find out who they are and harass the living **** out of them.
I agree but I don't think harassment is the best use of energy; a paradigm shift is happening.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundebler View Post
Advertising has been a gold mine for many graphic designers. Big demand for them by the emerging market.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
It's a book - you might want to try reading it sometime.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's a book - you might want to try reading it sometime.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
They have it in audio book form, no worries.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
They have it in audio book form, no worries.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:

You are one of those cats that either get uncomfortable or facepalm at comedy clubs, aren't you? I find your autistic usage of emotes refreshing, though; carry on.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

You are one of those cats that either get uncomfortable or facepalm at comedy clubs, aren't you? I find your autistic usage of emotes refreshing, though; carry on.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Advertising has been a gold mine for many graphic designers. Big demand for them by the emerging market.
Yuh and graphic design do seem very skilled artist that not everybody can do

When i where kid people asked me what drugs i used , i say i do no drugs but play keyboard Little weed can do no harm and you see kids of today that are not allowed to buy weed yet taking whip cream air capsules , that is not safe .

The dog is from Cheese and Chong , lost due incompetence , very cool sound in there music .

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search