The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trying to connect with 1989 bands Multiple Places and Bones Explosion in NOLA
Old 12th July 2020
Lives for gear

Trying to connect with 1989 bands Multiple Places and Bones Explosion in NOLA

Especially Bones because his last name is not easy to spell.

Anyway in 1989 I lived across the street from those two bands and was a garden-variety sound guy. I was locally famous up north and went to NOLA to get away from the "lifestyle" of music. Well that was a mistake going to New Orleans . So who lives across the street was a band recently on MTV (1989) .

I had a solid 10-hour a day job so this sound stuff was pretty much for fun.

On the way to a sound gig, two guys in bands mentioned above ask about "Chilton". I only knew of Chilton manuals for cars, as any young people with cars usually bought the manual for it. One of them asked "have you been living in a cave?". I said "maybe".

Next, they ask me about a song called The Letter. I told them I hated it and wanted to know if "Coming Into Los Angeles" by Arlo was the same thing but better. Hold on, I know them's fightin' words

So we set up the PA, basic stuff and I don't remember any more except meeting a totally content guy that looked exactly like Alex Chilton when I remembered this 25 years later! Shook his hand and felt that jolt I was in the presence of a real VIP. 25 years later (lately) I learned about Big Star and their influence on early Alternative icon musicians (Multiple Places was an Alternative Band).

I've wanted to ask Bones or the Bass player for Multiple Places if that was Alex we sound brokered for.

Those were good times but I drank too much and ate too many Everclear jello shots

Someone PM me if you have an email. I don't do Facebook

Last edited by JoeyM; 12th July 2020 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: more knowns and less unknowns hopefully
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear