The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Distrokid's Youtube Money Option for Hip-Hop & EDM? Alternatives?
Old 3rd July 2020
Here for the gear

Distrokid's Youtube Money Option for Hip-Hop & EDM? Alternatives?

So I posted this on Reddit and got no replies. Hoping the good folks at gearslutz could help me out.
So I'm a Hip-Hop artist who decided to sign up with DistroKid to distribute my music. Didn't realize that DK doesn't allow Youtube Money (Content ID) as an option when selecting Hip-Hop or EDM as the genre. Problem is, I already signed up and paid for DK's Label Plan so I don't think I'll be switching to another distributor anytime soon.

Does anyone have experience with successfully using DK to distribute plus another service for the Youtube Content ID stuff? I've seen other posts that kinda talk about it, but not really any satisfactory conclusions.

I've heard that SongTrust covers this, but also have heard that quite a few people were having issues getting their music approved by Songtrust.

Other services I've heard of are AdRev for self service CID and Identifyy for full service CID - I don't have any experience with any of these. I'd like to hear your advice and experiences with these services or any other service that does the Youtube Money stuff.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear