The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The irrelevance of Classic Rock in “The Era of Perfect Music”
Old 15th April 2020
The irrelevance of Classic Rock in “The Era of Perfect Music”

I did not know where to post this but felt it was relevant to many of us. I don’t want to take any thing away from Rick as I have learned so much from him. I really just wanted to hear others thoughts on this topic. Please see video linked below.

Thank you!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L-8EbHkc8tc
Old 19th April 2020
It was a little "get off my lawn".
Also he goes on complaining about having his videos blocked (for the umpteenth time) at the end there.

He does have a good point though (one of many of his good points). You see it in photography and a lot of visual arts too. Look at a press shoot from 70's, 80's, it just looks more genuine. more real. We're losing something human with this "photoshopping" in whatever form it takes. Be it music, visual, or even learning to act like we're on camera all the time.

I don't know what the solution is. I think this Machine Learning will be the nail in the coffin for the music industry, but maybe that's just me.
Old 20th April 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellMartin View Post
It was a little "get off my lawn".
Also he goes on complaining about having his videos blocked (for the umpteenth time) at the end there.

He does have a good point though (one of many of his good points). You see it in photography and a lot of visual arts too. Look at a press shoot from 70's, 80's, it just looks more genuine. more real. We're losing something human with this "photoshopping" in whatever form it takes. Be it music, visual, or even learning to act like we're on camera all the time.

I don't know what the solution is. I think this Machine Learning will be the nail in the coffin for the music industry, but maybe that's just me.
Thanks Kell, I appreciate your reply and also agree with all of your comments!

Cheers!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear