The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Overwhelmed!
Old 29th January 2020
Here for the gear

Overwhelmed!

I dont know if this is the right place to post this, but...

Anyway, I started out with wanting to make electronic music with analog equipment. I always found the technical aspect very interesting, but I am not a natural geek or do have an education in electronics or sound engineering plus Im not amazing in math. Too much information to learn and I couldn't/can't keep up with all the new products coming out and so on.

Then I switched to digital keyboards and fast forward to today I am just on my DAW with a controller and thats it. I have no interest of creating my own sounds or sampling with the DAW. Why should I? There are 10'000s of better sounds out there. It would be nice if I could do it all, but I just cant. I found myself constantly reading about stuff and not making music. I actually prefer just to play an actual piano. I know, very limited, but also much less stress. Back in the day when there was one synth every 2 years released it probably was different. But now it's just crazy and we get flooded by millions of products and everybody just wants to sell something. Its not like the music in general is better now than 30 or 40 years ago. I think its a wrong direction.

If you just want to make music, why should you know all the stuff around it? Did Mozart build his own violin? Hell no. So why do I need to know all the specs and improvements and blabla?

I know, it's a bit of a rant. But does someone get what I mean?

Thanks
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear