The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Why is Reverb.com, suspected of fraud by the Bank ?
Old 23rd January 2020
Gear Nut

Why is Reverb.com, suspected of fraud by the Bank ?

Hi all,

I wanted to register a Visa Card on the Reverb.com site, and I received an error in the registration, after which, I checked the data entered several times, and I received an error every time in the registration, and in the end, i didn't managed to register the Card.

I contacted Reverb.com Support and was told that I should contact the card issuing bank.

When I contacted the Bank issuing the Card, I was told that the Reverb.com site is restricted by the Bank, because the site is suspected of fraud, and if I want to be able to register the Card, the restriction must be lifted, but this I will do on my own responsibility, without the possibility of making a complaint to the bank, if something bad happens to me on this site.

I mention that I still had a Visa Card registered on Reverb.com, issued by the same Bank, but at the time I registered it, there was no restriction or problem, when registering!

Does anyone know if there are any issues on the Reverb.com site and what are they, to prevent fraud when we sell or buy from the site ?

Personally, I have never had a problem on Reverb.com, but I wonder, why did Reverb.com become suspected of fraud by a very big and serious Bank ?!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search