The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A difficult year, and especially a difficult December
Old 28th December 2019
Lives for gear

A difficult year, and especially a difficult December

2019 was a tough year all around for me... going through a divorce, losing friends, being overworked, overtired, underpaid, broke and in debt, and the year just isn't letting up either.

A couple weeks ago my dear Aunt passed away at the age of 87. While at the funeral I learned that her oldest son, my cousin, has terminal cancer and wasn't doing well. Well, he passed away this morning.

It never rains but it pours. I worry about my parents who are also in their 80s. Grief could cause their health to decline.... so I'm keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed that they can get through this and continue to live at least a while longer since I'm not ready to lose them yet.

Thank goodness for music (and my passion to create), and my love of synths, as that is the only thing, besides my adorable little tuxedo kitty, that's keeping me sane these days.

I am working on a tribute track in their memory. It's not finished yet, but I may share it when it is, if I'm happy enough with it.
Old 30th December 2019
Lives for gear
Oh, man, it really sucks being you. But, your story is everyone's story at one point. **** eventally hits the fan, however if you try to be this guy and smile, accept whatever surprise life has for you, things could improve. Being positive, even when nothing encourages you to be this way is the key to switch off all the crap pouring into your life, or, at very least, to limit it. Think nice of your ex-wife, your parents, and everyone close to you, healthy or less healthy, forgive everyone that hurt you, be grateful for what you have and for who you are, and rest assured, things will improve. Also, a diet of mainly fruits and veggies helps a lot. Big hug!
Old 30th December 2019
Lives for gear

Been there mate. It'll get better even if it don't seem it atm.

Least you're still creating, that's one thing I can only do when happy.

My tuxedo kitten said hi btw
Old 5th January 2020
Here for the gear

love to hear your music if it's posted anywhere

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search